Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Naga Support

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Naga Support 22 posts - page 2 of 3

Poll Question:

Should naga ever be played as a support hero in the team comp Pugna, Natures prophet, Bane, Viper, Naga
Yes, suppport it up
No? The **** is wrong with you, carry all the way
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 3, 2014 12:03pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Why would you ever play pugna as a support? That is dreadfull.
Naga Siren support is actually very common, don listen to f.e.a.r he is our forum jester.
So is Alchemist, he is actually better as a support or utility mid then a hard carry now, so your friends were right.

I still really like naga as a carry but she can be a really strong support, during TI3 she was the best support in the game along with wisp and visage.

This, I couldn't have said it better.

And Jawbreaker is right, too: I'd personally go for the safe lane Pugna lineup since Pugna and Naga can clear creepwaves in a second and the Nightmare- Rip Tide- Nether Blast combo plus Ensnare and Brain Sap have good killing potential.

Anyway, Naga Siren was a hard carry during TI2 only. Nowadays she's either a support or, like RTZ likes playing her, a mid/safe laner that goes brown Boots into Radiance and starts split pushing at 15-20 minutes, which is more like a semi-carry role ( Tinker? Nature's Prophet?) than a hard carry role.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 3, 2014 12:25pm | Report

This, I couldn't have said it better.

And Jawbreaker is right, too: I'd personally go for the safe lane Pugna lineup since Pugna and Naga can clear creepwaves in a second and the Nightmare- Rip Tide- Nether Blast combo plus Ensnare and Brain Sap have good killing potential.

Anyway, Naga Siren was a hard carry during TI2 only. Nowadays she's either a support or, like RTZ likes playing her, a mid/safe laner that goes brown Boots into Radiance and starts split pushing at 15-20 minutes, which is more like a semi-carry role ( Tinker? Nature's Prophet?) than a hard carry role.

I wouldnt call radiance naga a semi carry, becouse a well played one can only be consistently beaten in late game by a spectre.

Arteezy wasnt the one to start with it BTW.

Meracle from scythe brought it back when he played in titan.
They are still picking it first if she isnt bad.
He is the best carry naga player without a doubt.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by fuqbithesgitmoney » April 3, 2014 1:18pm | Report
No only scrubs play her as a support. All you have to do is sucide jungle that way your creeps become to strong for the enemy to kill.

fuqbithesgitmoney

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kerdonkulus » April 3, 2014 1:55pm | Report
I just wanted to clarify, we are talking current 6.80 Meta, not TI3. Im interested in how shes played now. In response to lineup, our Viper went top, pugna went mid, but if it was me i would have thrown the viper mid, NP to the offlane or jungle, and punga to the offlane, with Bane supporting Naga as the hard carry safe. Pugna falls off after mid game as a semi carry, which is why for the lineup we had, i thought a Pugna semi support (i know thats not entirely a real thing but gotta work with what we had here)go for the lane bush but with more support oriented items to start. I have yet to see a game go past 45 minutes were a radiance Naga didnt outcarry and win. She farms amazingly with illusions and riptide, plus the push, and Song sets up for the perfect engagement, im just not seeing the support over the carry as the better viable option here. Even the opposing team (in the referred to game) was saying the Naga should have been the carry.
You win, or you die. Don't make it easy.

Kerdonkulus

Steam: [Magii] kerdonkulus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 3, 2014 2:34pm | Report
With this lineup support naga would definately be better.
Peppo's lineup would definately be the best.
With these heroes you can have that deadly trilane, pugna just really sucks as a support, and you cant expext him to 'semi-support', if the game goes south he is completely useless. Pugna with hex can also go pretty late and naga can do much better without items then pugna.
And pugna offlane also isnt a thing, becouse he needs the early gold to get ahead, take early towers and snowball off the towergold.

With naga carry you just have a useless pugna running around.
With farming pugna you can fight early, and the viper helps a lot too, since he is more of an early-midgame carry.

Also the main reason that naga support is not as popular as in TI3 is becouse the professional meta has pretty much abandoned teamfight oriented lineups and is more about ganking and doing well early.
For the same reason dark seer's populairity has also lowered. He is still an amazing hero its just that people want something different in their offlaners like centaur's pickoff and counterinitiation potential.

The thing is in pubs the meta is less of an issue, ofcouse pushing strats were really popular in 6.79 becouse necrobooks were REALLY powerfull but that doenst mean that its always good in the less communicating pubs.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 3, 2014 3:26pm | Report
Kerdonkulus wrote:

Pugna falls off after mid game as a semi carry, which is why for the lineup we had, i thought a Pugna semi support (i know thats not entirely a real thing but gotta work with what we had here)go for the lane bush but with more support oriented items to start. I have yet to see a game go past 45 minutes were a radiance Naga didnt outcarry and win.

Forget 45 minutes, with a Pugna as a Position 1, backed up by a Nature's Prophet and fast [Necronomicon]]s you can win in 25 easily.
Kerdonkulus wrote:

Even the opposing team (in the referred to game) was saying the Naga should have been the carry.

Hmm...now I'm curious, what was their lineup?

If you post a DOTABuff link to the match, it might help to see what your Team's "ideal" strategy could have been

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kerdonkulus » April 4, 2014 9:19am | Report
The dotabuff link to the match in question guys.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/592204428
You win, or you die. Don't make it easy.

Kerdonkulus

Steam: [Magii] kerdonkulus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 4, 2014 11:47am | Report
Thanks, the DOTABuff info clears quite a bit up. <}3

It's obvious that your Nature's Prophet isn't capable of going Solo Offlane, so stopping the Riki from dominating would have been near impossible, since you need 2 Supports to be able to able to afford Dust of Appearance and Sentry Wards...but at the same time, you can't leave your Offlane vacant, so the Lineup you ran may have been the best for the Situation, but looking at the Draft, I honestly don't see you winning either way. 8{(

The problem is, the lack of a decent Offlaner is going to make it easy for the Dire Dual Lane to farm Top, while their Dual Lane on Bot can easily get in Naga's face. You're heavily reliant on the Viper dominating and causing havoc for the Team, but they have a Night Stalker AND a Riki, both of whom can be just as effective.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 4, 2014 1:10pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

I wouldnt call radiance naga a semi carry, becouse a well played one can only be consistently beaten in late game by a spectre.

Arteezy wasnt the one to start with it BTW.

Meracle from scythe brought it back when he played in titan.
They are still picking it first if she isnt bad.
He is the best carry naga player without a doubt.

I thought Arteezy started with it, but Meracle is a very good Naga player indeed. You learn something new everyday. :D

Anyway, the Radiance Naga can be classified as hard carry, but since your team should have a safe lane Hero who gets all the gold from lane and jungle you don't have as much farming priority. Sometimes (a lot of times, actually), the Naga gets more gold (by split pushing) than the other carry does, but she still has a lower priority in terms of farm.

She can be unstoppable in the late game, true, but she wins games by split pushing in the mid game: as soon as she starts the split push, the enemy team is going to notice her presence. So she's basically both a mid game and a late game carry, much like Slark (but, instead of snowballing with kills, she gets all the extra farm by split pushing). She's still picked as a substitute to Nature's Prophet, though.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 4, 2014 1:28pm | Report
Y'see, I'd be tempted to still run the Pug/Naga/Bane trilane up top with NP solo offlane (heading safe as soon as first night hits). Accept that sniper will get some farm, hope that Viper can at least stop NS farming much mid, and then push hard as 5. Without having lone heroes both Riki and NS are somewhat neutralised, and they lack anti-push and teamfight. Roll them over before sniper can get big.

Naga can play carry or support, her skills lend themselves fairly well to either.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved