Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Naga Support

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Naga Support 22 posts - page 1 of 3

Poll Question:

Should naga ever be played as a support hero in the team comp Pugna, Natures prophet, Bane, Viper, Naga
Yes, suppport it up
No? The **** is wrong with you, carry all the way
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kerdonkulus » April 3, 2014 8:20am | Report
I was playing DotA with 2 friends of mine last night and chose naga siren. I went bot lane with a bane and proceeded to farm as the hard carry. I bought items to start a hard carry and was taking the farm were i could. About 7-8 minutes in he goes off to help other lanes at which point i got ganked 3 times over. It was apparent the other team was trying to shut me down. I told my team i needed to be babysat in lane for a few minutes to farm at which point my friend said
"what are you talking about? Why would we babysit you?"
i told him
"cause im the carry i need farm"
to which both my friends responded
"Dude you are support, the Viper and NP on our team will carry us"
i tried to explain to them that naga is a carry and he responded
"Naga 'CAN' be a carry, but we need you to play a naga support"
i tried to explain there is no such thing as a naga support. Naga is a hard carry only in any pro or pub game i have ever seen. My friend insisted my character was all abilities, what did i need gold for. He insisted naga could be a support all night so i just left the party after the game. All i want to know is was i in the right? Should i have tried to play a naga support? Or is naga a carry only hero? Recognize, we had a pugna and bane, 2 much btr supporting heroes.
You win, or you die. Don't make it easy.

Kerdonkulus

Steam: [Magii] kerdonkulus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kerdonkulus » April 3, 2014 8:27am | Report
Why did this double post?

Kerdonkulus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » April 3, 2014 8:45am | Report
No. Naga Siren was always a carry. Because when Critical Strike was replaced with Rip Tide it was then players started to play her as support. Doesn't matter anyway she is still top tier 1 Carry and your friends were to dumb or as if they started Dota few months ago and they don't know anything yet. The problem with Naga Siren is because she is item dependant and needs farm. Similar heroes who need farm like Naga Siren are Sven, Dragon Knight, Bloodseeker etc.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » April 3, 2014 9:13am | Report
In THAT lineup she should be played as a hard carry as obviously viper will be mid.

When i do draft her, i only take her as support though as there are better carries the pool.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 3, 2014 9:16am | Report
Kerdonkulus wrote:

i tried to explain there is no such thing as a naga support. Naga is a hard carry only in any pro or pub game i have ever seen.

I'm surprised you've never seen her played as a Support, have you only just started watching competetive matches? Support was her most popular Role in Competetive, especially during TI3, until recently when Carry Naga made a comeback.

I've seen her played as a Mid back in 6.79, it was fun watching Liquid.TC wreck a Queen of Pain and get Runes at whichever spawn point he was camping X{D I've even seen her played as an Offlaner...although that was much less impressive.
Kerdonkulus wrote:

Should i have tried to play a naga support? Or is naga a carry only hero? Recognize,

Naga Siren is best as a Carry, but she's still a viable Support, so yes you should have played her as a Support, because...
Kerdonkulus wrote:

we had a pugna and bane, 2 much btr supporting heroes.

Pugna is not a Support Hero, he makes a far worse Support than Naga, he's pretty useless without levels.

Naga can at least use her Illusions to scout, Ensnare to stop Heroes (and Couriers 8{D), not to mention Song of the Siren is an amazing "panic button" to get your Team out of a tight situation, or even for Initiation.

Also, having Pugna, Viper and Nature's Prophet as Cores allows you to Push hard and fast very early on. It's easy to see a lineup like that taking all the Tier 2 Towers before 20:00.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kerdonkulus » April 3, 2014 9:27am | Report

In THAT lineup she should be played as a hard carry as obviously viper will be mid.

When i do draft her, i only take her as support though as there are better carries the pool.

Why would you ever want to use her as a support? What do you build and why? You dont get anything out if it shes a far better carry.

Kerdonkulus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 3, 2014 10:49am | Report
Why would you ever play pugna as a support? That is dreadfull.
Naga Siren support is actually very common, don listen to f.e.a.r he is our forum jester.
So is Alchemist, he is actually better as a support or utility mid then a hard carry now, so your friends were right.

I still really like naga as a carry but she can be a really strong support, during TI3 she was the best support in the game along with wisp and visage.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 3, 2014 11:00am | Report
Kerdonkulus wrote:

Why would you ever want to use her as a support? What do you build and why? You dont get anything out if it shes a far better carry.

Why would you play support naga that game? Well first off you needed a support, second she can be really usefull since she is really strong in trilane vs trilane becouse of her riptide, a long disable with ensnare, high armor and movespeed.

Illusions can be used to scout, stack, block and using riptide ofcourse.
She has an EXTREMELY strong anti BKB disable,
A nuke that amplifies damage.
And the strongest spell in the game, Song of the Siren (apart from maybe Natural Order) if used correctly.

You get wand, arcanes, and various utility items. Urn, mekanism, vlads, halberd, force staff, blink dagger. sometimes even diffusal to purge disables and a little extra damage.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » April 3, 2014 11:02am | Report
There are two lane setups I can see with this lineup:

1) Viper mid, pugna/bane/naga tri (looking to push ASAP, pugna farms), NP solo

2) Pugna mid, viper/bane/naga aggro tri (viper farms), NP solo safe

Either way Naga is a support.

The main this is that having a Nature's Prophet on the team means whoever the carry is will end up with less farm due to Wrath of Nature pushing lanes, and a carry Naga Siren is far too gold-dependent to coexist with an NP.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 3, 2014 11:07am | Report

There are two lane setups I can see with this lineup:

1) Viper mid, pugna/bane/naga tri (looking to push ASAP, pugna farms), NP solo

2) Pugna mid, viper/bane/naga aggro tri (viper farms), NP solo safe

Either way Naga is a support.

The main this is that having a Nature's Prophet on the team means whoever the carry is will end up with less farm due to Wrath of Nature pushing lanes, and a carry Naga Siren is far too gold-dependent to coexist with an NP.

This pretty much sums it up.

This might sound weird to someone who doesnt watch professional games but prophet bad in the jungle position. It means that you have only 1 support.

A JUNGLER SHOULD PRETTY MUCH ALWAYS BE A SUPPORT.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved