Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Most OP hero

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Most OP hero 73 posts - page 5 of 8
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Psio » March 29, 2013 8:03am | Report
Any hero can be "OP" at end game, it is entirely dependant upon the player, imho.

I can't think of a single hero that doesn't have a counter or strategy to neutralize them. I think it boils down to focusing as a team and common sense play. Too many times ego gets the better part of a player and when they get squahed, they immediately cry OP.

Some people focus on a particular hero and master that hero only. I know a kid that plays nothing but meepo and he is ridiculous with it. I know a guy that plays SF and people gripe about him as well. I get complaints about my keeper from time to time if I have a good game, it just depends on who is behind the wheel.

Psio

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Doctrflem » March 29, 2013 7:29pm | Report
U guys have som good points about dota2 being a team-based game, and every hero has a counter... Thiz game is very balanced imo, but I think thatz getting off topic in the sense of whut "OP" really means. IMO an over-powered hero is ez to use, fast to learn, requires little skill or technique to own with, and is xtremly versatile with item builds. Drow Ranger is prolly the most OP hero cuz all u have to do is know how to right click creeps to farm up shadow-blade, and use 1 silence spell lol. (not that she can buy other items and still own tho). Ursa is my second choize, but he needz a teamate to gank most of the time, howevr, 1 teamate with a stun is all it takes for an OH $H!T HERE COMES URSA moment...dead. Next I wud pick Anti Mage or Sniper, cuz they eazily gain carry momentum with each kill, and their attck speeds are rediculis.

PL imo requirs some finese with controlling illusionz, and if the enemy team has a few brain cellz they usully throw down wards in the spots he has to farm. And his illusions r usless without farm. There r a lot better pics as far as invis heros go, Nyx Assasin has good burst, Bounty Hunter is just plain sick I admit, but his skillz need to be timed correctly to get teh upper hand in team fights.

What most ppl dont realize bout ursa is that his three skills Fury Swipes, Overpower, and Enrage makes him the best dpser early/mid game hands down! In the vid I posted that ursa was lvl 7 and dealt bout 2.5k dmg in 16 seconds... OP.

Doctrflem

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 30, 2013 1:21am | Report
xCO2 wrote:

Most PLs are in a trilane or with KotL, so another trilane pretty much holds it over. PL has crazy good base damage as he levels up and an escape so he farms relatively safe unless you commit to kills.

Well, even though you don't win the trilane you will surely contest his farm and make him kill less creeps. Also, you can try to add some pushing power to your team (maybe with Lone Druid soloing) or a strong mid-game Hero (like Templar Assassin or Queen of Pain) in mid lane to, hopefully, get more gold or experience advantage and make PL leave the safe lane before he gets enough farm.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 30, 2013 1:44am | Report
*cough*Put Visage in a trilane against PL+Kotl+another hero *cough*

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lukson987 » March 30, 2013 8:25am | Report
what happened to warlock

lukson987

Notable (5)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » March 30, 2013 8:30am | Report
lukson987 wrote:

what happened to warlock

What about him?

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 30, 2013 9:47am | Report
lukson987 wrote:

what happened to warlock

Not overpowered at all, especially if you use that stupid Aghanim's Scepter + Refresher Orb combo. He just wins teamfights like a well-placed ultimate by Magnus, Enigma, Faceless Void, Disruptor and so on.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 30, 2013 9:57am | Report

Not overpowered at all, especially if you use that stupid Aghanim's Scepter + Refresher Orb combo. He just wins teamfights like a well-placed ultimate by Magnus, Enigma, Faceless Void, Disruptor and so on.

I agree with Peppo,Agha-Refresher Warlock is not the best.Though one of them might just work as an offensive upgrade(would rather go for refresher,because agha weakens your golem).

I almost never see a Warlock drop Upheaval after Chaotic Offering.Why is that?Its one of the best skills in the game.In the one second that you're allowed to do it,by the time enemies realise what they are in,2 seconds already passed.That's like a 56% mass AoE slow.IN JUST 2 FREAKING SECONDS.

Doesn't matter that much if the opponents are ranged or melee(sure,that might be fake in case of blinkers or Sniper,but it creates chaos.People will get scared.And as the golem moves really slow, Upheaval allows him to pound away. Flaming Fists are freaking awesome,and the golem is like a short term Radiance.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » March 30, 2013 4:45pm | Report
Warlock is hardly OP, he can be a real pain in the right situations, but he's very much a team hero. Tbh I don't get why Chaotic Offering is given so much focus - it's a good early game spell, and the AOE BKB-ignoring stun is very useful in some situations...but in the late game it's just a 1 second AOE stun (any farmed up carry isn't worried about golums).

His real utility is Fatal Bonds and Upheaval - they're the skills that scale. No idea why Upheaval doesn't get more love either Wulfstan, it's a really great spell - what's not to like about a 84% slow, with a massive AOE, that lasts up to 13 seconds?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 31, 2013 11:09am | Report
Sando wrote:

No idea why Upheaval doesn't get more love either Wulfstan, it's a really great spell - what's not to like about a 84% slow, with a massive AOE, that lasts up to 13 seconds?

Probably because in the last competitive games with Warlock that I've watched he was being played in mid lane as a farming Hero, thus making his autoattacks and items a lot scarier than a slow (that's not completely true, but I think this is what the team running the mid Warlock probably thought). Plus, you need to be very close to the enemies so you need a Blink Dagger, Force Staff or a good initiation before yours and the channeling of your Upheaval is easily interruptable.

I'd rather run him as a full support and go for a Upheaval- Fatal Bonds skill build, but since a ministun can break the combo it's a very situational pick for safe lanes. Otherwise, you can opt for a Blink Dagger + Black King Bar skill build in mid lane even though it requires a good amount of farm.

Still, I think a Magnus/ Treant Protector/ Tidehunter/ Puck + Undying combo is more reliable and requires very flexible Heroes: most of the time it even has better results.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved