Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Most Damaging Non Ultimates

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Most Damaging Non Ultimates 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeveNthSense » March 10, 2015 7:19pm | Report
So I was watching a VOD on joinDota when Capitalist mentioned that the new Shrapnel was top ten in most damaging non ultimates so I was just wondering what the other ones were. Let's just assume that the spell has been cast once with all its damage being focussed on one hero. If its charge based cast it as many times as it has charges. I also don't want any theoretical things like for example, "Well if Kunkka has 5 rapiers and 1 daedulus and he gets a crit with Tidebringer on a full team with a creep wave of 100 creeps, then his net damage is (insert obscene number here)". Please none of that.

I'm already thinking the top 3 may be Diabolic Edict, Battery Assault, and Rocket Barrage

SeveNthSense

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » March 10, 2015 7:39pm | Report
A fully channeled Sand Storm will deal a ton of damage over the entire duration if the enemy is dumb enough to stay in it..

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 10, 2015 7:50pm | Report
Problem is since some skills scale you can't really compare.

For scaling stuff : I'd go with Sleight of Fist for most damage potential. Dispersion is pretty sick too. Poof is pretty OP. Heartstopper Aura and Static Field deal tons of damage. Nether Ward isn't bad against the right teams. Fatal Bonds?

Chaos Meteor is probably at the top of the list for fixed damage, 2600 damage potential at max level.

Sure Sand Storm can deal like 8000 damage if you're playing against lobotomized people who sit in it for 80 secs, but well I don't think that counts xD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 11, 2015 12:50am | Report
I think

Midnight Pulse is great, percentage based, non ulti

Suicide Squad, Attack! deals a LOT of damage too.

Single Target Burst:

Soul Assumption is awesome, low cooldown, high damage

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » March 11, 2015 10:13am | Report
Are we talking about only calculation or it's application in-game?

sandstorm should deal most damage, but I think Heartstopper Aura is the way to go.

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » March 11, 2015 10:58am | Report
In the long run, I'll have to go with Funstopper Aura or Metamorphosis. Or just any illusion-making spell. If we're talking short-term, one-teamfight-drain, then the above two stand, but also Midnight Pulse, Arctic Burn, Dispersion, Fatal Bonds. A lot of these spells, you don't even realise how much damage they've dealt until it's too late.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » March 11, 2015 11:10am | Report
With the criteria you mentioned the abilities mentioned are king. Thinking outside that box, these also do a lot of damage:
This is my signature. This is my dotabuff.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Steam: Cube
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » March 11, 2015 5:47pm | Report
Land Mines from Techies. Each land mine can do 600 damage at level 4. You can get hit with half damage though.

Techies can lay 20 land mines. So he can theoretically dish out 12000 damage from a full set of mines. With that also he could dish out 6000 worth of half damage. So he has the possibility to eliminate all but an impossibly fed pudge.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by I Have Layers » March 12, 2015 1:06am | Report
Blade Fury? Anybody? It's still pretty stronk.

I Have Layers

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vash » March 12, 2015 8:56pm | Report
I would think Midnight Pulse has the potential for dealing the most damage because of it being percentage based. This is assuming that the target has a large total health.
"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Lest we forget...

Vash

Notable (10)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved