Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

lycan is still OP jungler and solo rosh even after the nerf

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » lycan is still OP jungler and solo rosh even after the nerf 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Saryu » October 3, 2012 3:56pm | Report
So, a lot of lycan lover complain about the nerf on lycan, how big of a nerf he got and stuff.

Today in dota2 test, i have decided to do a complete test on how lycan fare in his jungle. I pick radiance (as people say it's harder to jungle in radiance).

start off, i bought a quelling blade, a ring of protection, 3 clarity, and an iron wood branch. I summon the wolves at 5 seconds before the battle start in fountain so i could regen all my mana before i go to jungle.

- starting off at the small creep camp at 30s, finished the whole camp before the 1 min mark.
- go to the upper ground, summon the next wolves and use clarity potion. wait for the next small camp.
- beat off the camp ASAP and go to the medium camp
- once you are in medium camp, wait for all your wolves defeated, summon another wolves, back out and use another clarity pot.
- with the remaining wolves, heads off to the small camp again, kill all the small camp without re-summoning, at this time, you should have bought basilius ring and another 2 clarity.
- summon another wolves and pop up clarity. heads off to medium camp.
- if encountered by centaur, just wait from behind to prevent any stun. micro the wolves to take turn in taking damage.
- at level 4, you should be able to do the hard camp.
- at 5.30, i've bought the item needed for medalion. Disassembled the basilius and complete the medalion at 6 minute mark (walking courier is so damn slow).
- after you got your medalion, everything is easy, get another sobi mask to complete your basilius once again.
- 11 minute benchmark for vladmir, medalion, QB.

as you can see, exactly 11 min, with extra 436 gold.
LYCAN IS STILL A QUALIFIED JUNGLER !

Now, the next question arise. With the low wolves HP, how is the roshing power of lycan? The answer might shock all of you. The new wolves have 50% magic resistance and roshan is well known for its stomp once there are 3 or more units nearby. I did roshan after i took the above screenshot (low mana pool and wolves almost expired). ROSHAN IS SO DAMN EASY NOW! I only need to re-summon once and that's it

my conclusion is, lycan is still one damn of an OP hero. He might be nerfed but his jungling power is still awesome, so does his roshing power. During a push, he is still one hell of a pushing ***** as his wolves damage does not nerfed in any way. He is still alive, ladies and gentleman.

Saryu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » October 3, 2012 4:02pm | Report
Quoted:
LYCAN IS STILL A QUALIFIED JUNGLER !

But less effective in the jungle now after the armoire **** nerf

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Saryu » October 3, 2012 4:09pm | Report
wilddeonpwn wrote:

But less effective in the jungle now after the armoire **** nerf

he's a little bit slower than before mainly because of the mana increase in summon wolves. So that total 5 clarity (250gold) is all the kick he needs, might be even less than that but that's how i see it. nevertheless, he is still one of the most efficient jungler this game has. On par with enigma and a lucky axe, much faster than naix.

Saryu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glayde » October 3, 2012 9:30pm | Report
He is still a great jungler, with a fast clear time, but I haven't seen him much in competitive play. Any ideas why?

My Hero Guides: Furion
My Ideas for Dota: Iron Guardian, Rafael, the Split Being
Check this out.

Glayde

Notable (13)
Steam: Zephyr
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Saryu » October 3, 2012 11:01pm | Report
Glayde wrote:

He is still a great jungler, with a fast clear time, but I haven't seen him much in competitive play. Any ideas why?

Because he is always got banned during first ban phase. He is the fastest farm carry and the fastest pusher, thus he fit really well into the last pushing Meta. He is also always picked whenever he was not banned during the international. Na'vi puppet always played him whenever na'vi picked lycan.

Saryu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ShadowStorm » October 3, 2012 11:27pm | Report
I personally am glad of the nerf for Lychan (and i am saying this as a Lychan player) because even as playing as lychan i often found it way to easy and the outcome of many games was pre-determined that the Lychan team would win 90% of the time.

but even with the nerf he is still a hero players fear and get pissed of at :P

ShadowStorm

Steam: ShadowStorm
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » October 4, 2012 1:55am | Report
this is the whole point - of course lycan is still a jungler, and it will take a bit longer, and more macro controls - but he is still a jungle hero, just needs more skills to pull it off.

that said the nerf isn't only for the jungles - it's much easier for heroes to kill the wolves now aswell..

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Saryu » October 4, 2012 3:34am | Report
jaslam wrote:

this is the whole point - of course lycan is still a jungler, and it will take a bit longer, and more macro controls - but he is still a jungle hero, just needs more skills to pull it off.

that said the nerf isn't only for the jungles - it's much easier for heroes to kill the wolves now aswell..

harder with magic, easier with physical. at least now his wolves is more immune to massive AOE out there. Not to mention, people tends to spam AOE magic while defending the tower.

Saryu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Saryu » October 4, 2012 7:11am | Report
but seriously, i don't think lycan is nerfed at all in his jungling. How fast do you guys get vladmir and medalion? post a screenshot of your fastest jungle for those 2 items. Now it's faster to get to lvl 7 = lvl 4 wolves which makes up for his slower start.

Saryu

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » October 4, 2012 7:12am | Report
Saryu wrote:

but seriously, i don't think lycan is nerfed at all in his jungling. How fast do you guys get vladmir and medalion? post a screenshot of your fastest jungle for those 2 items. Now it's faster to get to lvl 7 = lvl 4 wolves which makes up for his slower start.

You can get them even faster if luckily a victim with low health runs through your jungle and you get first blood :p.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved