Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Luna + Dragon Knight Team Combo Strat Guide

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Forum
Forum » General Discussion » Luna + Dragon Knight Team Combo Strat Guide 64 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 29, 2013 8:42am | Report
I see. Well then, if I may quote from a person (?) we all know and love,

Good day sir.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » June 29, 2013 8:46am | Report
No, no!

Why the **** do you want Glaive at level 2? Just get the freaking Lunar Blessing.

Effing spamming your Soul Ring will kill Luna off within seconds. Heck, even with Viper alone I can kill your Luna after she uses her Soul Ring. An effective ambush will kill her off. Why the hell does Luna even want Mekansm. She can't even support her own mana pool and you want another mana-consuming skill?

Meh, why does Dragon Knight wants Black King Bar when Luna needs it more than him. Your strategy is just so flawlesssss. I can counter this very easily...

In early game...
1. Get a range hero with a stunner. Let's try Sven and Viper.
2. Viper spits poison at Luna who would want to nuke him (uses Soul Ring to do it thrice, effectively cutting her hp down also)
3. As DK closes in to stun Viper, Sven stuns him.
4. Luna dies and all targets DK.
5. DK will die/ if not he will run away with liitle hit points.
6. End of the story.

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 29, 2013 8:57am | Report
I don't think Sven will lane with Viper though. Earthshaker is an overall better example due to the long range stun/nuke.

Oh, and it's useless because now Kyfoid doesn't answer questions, he just posts his random ideas from random low level pubs that somehow succeeded (most likely because the enemies were complete newbies) and THEN just leaves it.

Shame, I was waiting for a new Kyfoid debate.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » June 29, 2013 9:05am | Report
Hmm, good point. Just pluck it from the air and my last game was with Viper and Sven, different lanes though.

Yep, its good exercise for the mind, debating with Kyfoid.

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » June 29, 2013 9:18am | Report
This is completly countered by a BKB. I have no clue why Kyfoid comecs up with this. Thats countered straight up by a lifestealer. Rage and openwounds will allow him to kill luna easily and DK's natural tankiness allows lifestealer to regen. Your taking carries with good skills and building them around ****py nukes. Whats next? Building sven around storm hammer? Or CK around chaos bolt?

Also, wtf is a griffon headress? Theres no such item in dota.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 29, 2013 9:23am | Report
Can we do a 2v2 anyone?

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » June 29, 2013 10:03am | Report
A lot of things are countered by BKB. That's like saying that Tidehunter is useless because BKB will cause him to do no damage, besides Anchor Smash.

That said, the lane comp is really weak with DK and Luna, not to mention the build on Luna and DK. Max Breath Fire last? Soul Ring on a hero with no way to mitigate the health lost AND she's squishy? I could outlane that combo solo with any decent suicide lane hero. Don't lane two carries together, the farm shouldn't be distributed like that. Lane them with supports so they get optimal farm, giving them a better mid and late game. With the lane setup you're suggesting, the farm distribution will be so bad you won't have any big items until way late game, and by then the enemy carry is going to be outcarrying you because he didn't squander farm by duo laning with another carry.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 29, 2013 10:13am | Report
L.M.F.A.O.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » June 29, 2013 10:21am | Report
Kyfoid wrote:

L.M.F.A.O.

Classic response from Kyfoid. Lets put this in the books.

It shows how much you know about dota if you didnt take Atlas' response seriously.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 29, 2013 10:34am | Report
Interesting thing is, D.K. and Luna are carries that are worst against... carries...

Lets look...

Zeus, Huskar, Drow....

Meepo, Lich King

We don't even have to examine the first 3 heroes, but why would the lane combo be bad against a Lich King + Meepo?

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved