Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

LC: Which OP is she?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » LC: Which OP is she? 37 posts - page 1 of 4

Poll Question:

Which kind of OP is Legion Commander?
Over-Powered
Over-Picked
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » January 5, 2016 9:47am | Report
So, I've finally gotten away from the bots and into regular matches and what I've come to discover is that Legion Commander is starting to look like a pubstomper. I went to dotabuff and sure enough she's the 7th most popular hero in 6.86 so far.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2055591199
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2055510358

In these two matches, I played with and against a Legion Commander, in both matches she manages to reach 150-200+ Duel damage. Granted in that one I lost, we had arguably the worst line up for dealing with an LC, which was compounded by an offlane Shadow Fiend feeding her some early duel damage and an easy Blade Mail.

But the way I see it this; LC is starting become a sort of SF-like pub hero, in that she can very easily win her lane via getting a Bottle or a Soul Ring and then spamming Overwhelming Odds. Then she has the ultimate snowballing skill Duel, and it's because of this, she can be a very rare breed of hero, in that she has the scaling of a carry and yet she's relatively item independent (that lc in my loss had just a Blink Dagger and a Blade Mail for a large part of the match and you could make the case that she can outcarry anyone with just an armlet).

But, does this make her over-powered? Or is she simply over-picked? I look forward to you guys making your case.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » January 5, 2016 10:07am | Report
She is a strong ganker/snowball her/rightclick carry. That is like the best combination to win a pub. A carry that can farm fast, dominates lane, can fight early, hits hard, ganks well and snowballs totaly out of control. She isn't op but she is probably the best snowball carry in the game. Previously those heroes were Phantom Assassin, Riki, Troll Warlord, Faceless Void,.. but those heroes aren't that good anymore so now we have Legion Commander.

It's really easy to win with her in pubs cuz you will gank succesfully and you will get the bonus damage with eaz. And in comparison with other gankers scales legion better in the late game instead of falling off.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » January 5, 2016 10:26am | Report
Woman with balls = overpowered.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 5, 2016 10:28am | Report
Hero is ****, extremely dependent on team(since she can't even solo kill a support at full HP) and extremely dependent on good start because she has zero comeback. Might work in organized teams as a situational pick, but in pubs she is really only working when your team is way better than the enemy team.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 5, 2016 10:36am | Report
Very situational. If you can win ez duels and get lots of damage, she can become almost unstoppable in the midgame and still dangerous later too. She can also have zero impact, lose lanes for the team if she AFK jungles (many do), give damage away, and generally suck.

Quite dependent on a good start, she has good synergy with a large number of heroes, and the free buff/heal is also very useful.

I'd say she's probably OP at lower levels - people wandering around alone with low health is easy damage. She can struggle a lot more against co-ordinated teams, 5 manning and games where she lacks opportunities for easy pick offs.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 5, 2016 10:54am | Report
The only place where she's OP is low priority. Because she gets stronger when people feed XD

But seriously, yes her laning stage is incredibly good (pretty much Axe level with her buffed passive), yes she doesn't need a lot of farm and can snowball hard, but the hero has issues to compensate : extremely limited teamfight presence and lack of any comeback potential.

She's completely playable now that there's no longer a Winter Wyvern in every game though. However she's extremely weak against teams that 5-man all the time in the early-mid game, so she's a situational pick at best.

Personally I see her as a counterpick to split push, because that's where she really shines : hunting down AM's, Furions, Nagas, Embers, Slarks, and the occasional but rare Terablyats.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » January 5, 2016 11:09am | Report
Well...you always need a teammate to help setting up kills in the early game... Lion, Witch Doctor, Sky.....
But even after she has tremendous amounts of duel damage she only has one stun with a 50 second cooldown making it way to easy to kite her if she hasn't a good team with her. Force staffing your ally away from a duel, E-blade, Decripify or if she does not have magic immunity a simple stun will completely nullify her impact. For me she is kind of a Ursa who needs a bit of time to come online, has a bit more utility (purge) but still suffers the main weakness: Kiteability.
Ps:This is why I usually pick up a Refrersher Orb in the late game.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 5, 2016 11:27am | Report
michimatsch wrote:

Well...you always need a teammate to help setting up kills in the early game... Lion, Witch Doctor, Sky.....

Almost every carry who is in meta now can solo kill enemy heroes if they get the opportunity. LC can't.

Also ethereal form does not work in Duel, that'd be too easy.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 5, 2016 2:12pm | Report
Force staff doesn't affect dueling units. Ethereal however does - the wiki clearly says it and I've seen it in action.

Ethereal Blade is actually the ultimate LC counter. It's a good thing it's an expensive item that's only decent on a few select heroes in the game, otherwise LC would be unplayable.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 5, 2016 3:19pm | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1628724957

Ethereal Blade is a really nice pickup to stop LC's from getting proper duels off, I saved Leshrac in a key fight this one time because I eblade'd him when he was about to get dueled and picked off.

As for the subject of this, LC is not really overpowered unlike the current Faceless Void, who jumps from 43% win to 55% win from 1k to 5k, LC is pretty consistent, and probably a bit overpicked depending on where you are. 3k area is the LC infestation since core players who don't get to play cores always try to screw over their teams by playing junglers, and LC is the one people choose because they want to go ganking.

LC is more like Sand King rather than a pubstomper, has incredible laning potential in the right drafts, can exploit stupid players very well, has a very specific timing window, does not play well from behind, and gets owned late game, often with or without momentum. Pick her against the right opponents (Anti-Mage, Melee Mids, Ember, Slark, Bristleback) and she'll wreck em. Pick her against the wrong heroes (Riki, Oracle, Skywrath, Sand King, Chaos Knight) then she'll probably get owned.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved