Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

LC: Which OP is she?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » LC: Which OP is she? 37 posts - page 2 of 4

Poll Question:

Which kind of OP is Legion Commander?
Over-Powered
Over-Picked
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 5, 2016 4:44pm | Report
Well the problem with Ethereal Blade is this...

1) LC does tend to buy Black King Bar... which means you'd have to Ethereal your own guy
2) Duel ignores everything that is cast during the duel, which means you'd have to ethereal your own guy before he get's duelled
3) Which means you'd have to cast it on a spell caster and not a carry...
4) Ethereal Blade costs a lot and you have to go out of your way to buy it

Honestly I'd just pick Morphling :D

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 5, 2016 6:34pm | Report
Over picked because she wrecks with a strong early game and surprise suprise, pubs like to feed early.

Also I'd like to question why everyone in pubs maxes WE first instead of OO (Q)?!?! Like OO is near over powered in a dual lame, disgusting in a trilane.

Also (again) possibility of offlane LCs? She has a AOE nuke that gives movement speed, a heal, and a passive that keeps her going in brawls. Seems like the perfect off Laner to me.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » January 5, 2016 11:33pm | Report
Strong early game? What?
She needs the right lane to truly shine, if she does not have a good lane she is kinda meh.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 6, 2016 1:12am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

2) Duel ignores everything that is cast during the duel, which means you'd have to ethereal your own guy before he get's duelled

No, no, it only ignores certain extremely specific things like Force Staff or disarms, but it doesn't ignore your teammate becoming ethereal. I've played against this stuff, I'm 100% sure that it works this way.

You cast it on your teammate *after* Duel has started and no damage is dealt (even though it looks like they're attacking each other)

TheSofa wrote:

3) Which means you'd have to cast it on a spell caster and not a carry...

Why? You can save your carry as well with it, it wastes Duel regardless of who you're casting it on.

TheSofa wrote:

4) Ethereal Blade costs a lot and you have to go out of your way to buy it

Well yes, that's why LC is playable despite having a clear counter, it's kind of the same as Omniknight forcing 4 diffusal pickups as a support and creating massive amounts of annoyance/space this way, LC forcing eblade pickups as an offlaner also really forces people out of their way so I think it balances out.
(I still wouldn't say no to a nerfing the Ghost Scepter/ Ethereal Blade on teammates duration to 3 seconds tho. But that's another story).

Blubbles wrote:

Also I'd like to question why everyone in pubs maxes WE first instead of OO (Q)?!?! Like OO is near over powered in a dual lame, disgusting in a trilane.

Also (again) possibility of offlane LCs? She has a AOE nuke that gives movement speed, a heal, and a passive that keeps her going in brawls. Seems like the perfect off Laner to me.

Maxing Q is the only possible build on a laning LC. Unless it's a jungling LC, there's no reason to ever max W and E.

And offlane LC is actually the most common role for the hero, by far. Especially now that there's a jungle camp in the offlane.

Every decent player does what you're saying, so keep doing this and don't mind the scrubs :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » January 6, 2016 4:55am | Report
Even if you jungle you can still max q on legion. Also ganking and snowballing is like the best way to win in solo mmr. If you play against 5 people who are communicating with each other Legion is stil a 5 second lock down. She is because of that strong in solo games, on any skill level, and decent, but definetly not the best, hero in a competitive game.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 6, 2016 7:26am | Report
LOL hamster I didn't write that last quote :P

Oh, and I thought ethereal was the same rules as disarm... turns out I'm wrong :(

Dueling units fully ignore disarm. This includes the disarm from Chakram and Flaming Lasso
If a dueling unit becomes ethereal, it still attacks. It can also be attacked by any unit during the Duel regardless, but still doesn't take physical damage.
If a dueling units gets hexed, or disarmed by Frostbite or Overgrowth it continues attacking.
However, if Duel is cast on a hero which is already affected by one of the 3 above, it does not attack until they expire.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 6, 2016 8:10am | Report
Yeah I messed up the quote, fixed it.

Hex doesn't stop dueling untits from attacking? Now that's interesting. The incredible fighting frog :)

So LC is a soft counter to Lion? Can dispel Hex on allies with her W, and doesn't care about getting hexed herself in duel.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 6, 2016 8:24am | Report
She does care about being impaled, fingered and giving out bonus damage to enemy carry tho.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 6, 2016 4:49pm | Report
BKB op icefraud pls nerf

Yea, you really need BKB on LC to stop the nasty disables (Getting disabled during Duel is a Nightmare)

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » January 7, 2016 1:23am | Report
Bwaaahahah. I can't find the rep+ button right now but I just love puns.
On another note I am really sad that my Legion Commander, Bane strat doesn't work anymore. It consisted of a Legion Commander farming an Aghanim's Scepter offlane and as many hp as possible and then Duel the enemy pos.1 and have Legion nightmared.
The good ol'days

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved