Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Introduce Yourself!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Introduce Yourself! 388 posts - page 7 of 39

Poll Question:

Where are you from?
Australia
Africa
Asia
Caribbean
Central America
Europe (East)
Europe (West)
North America
Middle East
Oceana
Scandinavia
South America
Other
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » April 7, 2013 12:03pm | Report
Prozack wrote:

Helloes, from the middle east here namely Syria, playing Dota whenever I have time and not dodging shells.. not much else to say.

A sense of humor, you'll fit in the forums fine. >BD

Welcome to Dotafire.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Prozack » April 7, 2013 12:09pm | Report
Thank you kindly.

Prozack

Steam: ZeroSev7en
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 8, 2013 8:19am | Report
Hello guys! Porygon361 here :)

I have some experience in the RTS genre (mainly Starcraft 2), but I started playing DotA 2 since the beginning of the year and stuck with it ever since. It's such a fun game! Anyway, I'm quite decent at the game (I can play as every role in the game), but I'm still relatively new, so I would like some tips on certain heroes, like Undying, Meepo, Sandking etc.

In case you guys didn't know, I <3 Weaver :D

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scrax » April 10, 2013 5:34pm | Report
Salutations!

Name's Morten, though I'm more commonly known as Scrax. If anyone of you ever visit MOBAFire, you've probably not seen me due to my inactivity lately! I've "just" started playing Dota 2, so I'm still quite bad (though tryharding regardless).

I love gaming, mostly FPS, RTS and MOBAs. I used to competitively play CS 1.6 and I've dabbled in high rating arena on World of Warcraft. Aside from gaming I tend to play with Photoshop and Sony Vegas, and once in a while actually produce something not worth checking out.

I hope to get more active in this part of the MOBAFire Network, and I can't wait to get to know all of you! :)

Scrax

Steam: Scrax
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by commandojimbob » April 11, 2013 1:16am | Report
Hi All - commandojimbob here and I am a new DOTA 2 player (I have 60 hrs / 40+ pub games under belt now) and new to the dotafire site.

I have been out of all things gaming for the past 5 years - I quit around the time my wife was 6 months pregnant thinking life is about to get intense and I needed to get off the hardcore drugs (gaming).

However, about 4 months back I was round a mates playing the Space Hulk board game (Games-workshop) and he showed me DOTA 2.... it was like getting a whiff of crack - to make matters worse he gave me a key to get into the game (as they do - the first ones a freebie and my non-gaming laptop had plenty of raw power to run it nicely) and as if the gods were conspiring against me I was ill the for a few days and was off work, well set everything up and started playing - so now Im hooked and it has taken over from my Warhammer 40k hobby (my life has only room for one hobby).

Suffice to say the site so far has been a great resource for me (along with wiki) and over time I hope to contribute.

Currently my favourite heros are :
- Spirit Breaker
- Witch Doctor
- Jakira
- Crystal Maiden
- Lifestealer

commandojimbob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » April 11, 2013 11:09am | Report
Welcome to Dotafire.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sansheva » April 15, 2013 3:34am | Report
Hi, I am from Italy and I recently start playing DotA 2, just a couple of month, a lot of things to learn but now I enjoy this fantastic game, thank you for the site really helpful, god bless bot mode, when I was learning was perfect not to ruin other games, to new players: use it to learn!

My favourite heroes: Night Stalker, Windrunner, Tusk pooooow! phantom punch! ^^ but I play draft modes not to take always same carachter and learn all obviously

plesed to know all of you, see you on the net so, bye

sansheva

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zachtheknife » April 18, 2013 6:14am | Report
First voter on that poll from the Caribbean. I am Zach, from Jamaica, and have recently taken up Dota2 after really getting into the whole MOBA/ARTS genre. I'm pretty new to the game, but life's a learning process, just like this game, so I think I'll be here for a while.

Zachtheknife

Steam: Zach The Knife
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Andruzza » April 18, 2013 11:37am | Report
Hello everyone! My name is Andra, I'm 24 and I live in Romania, Eastern Europe.

I'm not a very good dota 2 player, but I try my best. I'm looking forward to meeting new people. I also stream some of the games I play. I have a link in my profile I think.

xoxo

Andruzza

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » April 18, 2013 12:53pm | Report
Zachtheknife wrote:

First voter on that poll from the Caribbean. I am Zach, from Jamaica, and have recently taken up Dota2 after really getting into the whole MOBA/ARTS genre. I'm pretty new to the game, but life's a learning process, just like this game, so I think I'll be here for a while.

That explains the Kunkka icon. xD

Welcome to Dotafire, if you have any questions or concerns about the game and you can't find a guide here that explains what you're looking for, such as the base mechanics, you can contact me via PM/ I'd be glad to help answer any of your questions Zach.

Andruzza wrote:

Hello everyone! My name is Andra, I'm 24 and I live in Romania, Eastern Europe.

I'm not a very good dota 2 player, but I try my best. I'm looking forward to meeting new people. I also stream some of the games I play. I have a link in my profile I think.

xoxo

Hey Andra, we actually have a few Romanian players here, so if you're looking for some local players you should be able to find a few kicking around in the forums who would be interested to play with someone from their country.

If you need anything answered that puzzles you and you can't find in a guide here, feel free to shoot me a message and I should be able to respond that day or the next.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved