Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Introduce Yourself!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Introduce Yourself! 388 posts - page 10 of 39

Poll Question:

Where are you from?
Australia
Africa
Asia
Caribbean
Central America
Europe (East)
Europe (West)
North America
Middle East
Oceana
Scandinavia
South America
Other
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cepheus1988 » June 21, 2013 12:21pm | Report
I greet you all.

I'm Cepheus1988, I'm a 24 years old male(turning 25 this July), I have visited this site for long time now and now I joined your ranks.
I'm from Germany, english is not my mother tongue, therefor I'm sorry for any mistakes that make my texts unreadable or painful to read :p

I own Dota2 Access since last years christmas, but I have to admit, I haven't played at all since then :D
I played roughly 10 games with only 3 or 4 in normal matchmaking... but I enjoy watching it almost every day.
I don't have many friends that are interested in Dota-Style games, and they don't have the time to play... and I always hated playing with random strangers (I'm a bit shy in that regard... all these strangers... judging me... )
(My Steam friendlist only contains my best buddie and my brother xD)
I also don't have time to play, there is so much Dota2 to watch, so many other games to play xD

I played the original Dota, but it's been years since i played it the last time...
My favorite heroes back then were Abaddon, Skywrath Mage, and Puck (I sucked at him, but he is/was such a cute Fearie Dragon back then).

I played League of Legends for a year, with a bunch of my guild-friends from a certain MMO (no, NOT WoW^^) but then we disbanded for stupid reasons and I stopped playing LoL.

In my times playing LoL i discoverd my HUGE imagination for custom/new heroes, which i started to transport over to Dota :D

Well, that was a huge introduction when I compare it to the last ones...

I hope we all get along well :D

PS:
I love my "...". I don't know why, but I use them alot...
Creative people behold!
Join the new Dotafire Creation Competition! - Our two-weekly competition in the 'Hero & item ideas' Section.

Last rounds winner was: Naxela

Competition is on hold for now, to reorganize!

Cepheus1988

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 21, 2013 12:56pm | Report
Welcome and enjoy your stay.Practice a lot in the game,because its a lot more tedious than LoL!

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheAmazingComicBookGuy » June 21, 2013 12:57pm | Report
Well, I am TheAmazingComicBookGuy, my favo hero is Enigma, I have played a lot of SMITE so I know some stuff about mobas, but I am still a noob. I am an editor at smitefire (dotafire for smite :P) and I am a very casual guy who responds to every single threat. I haven't played that much Dota yet, but I will do ;)

TheAmazingComicBookGuy

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 21, 2013 10:28pm | Report
I haven't introduced myself formally though I've been here for sometime.

Well, guess it's never too late.

Hi, I'm samukobo, I generally play hard carry or semi/hard support. I prefer STR and INT heroes because to be honest I hate AGI (Except Nyx and Venge, those guys are great) and sadly, I can't get out of the 50:50 win-loss ratio.

Well, there's not much else to say. I hope I can contribute to the dota 2 community.

Oh, and my fav heroes are Nyx, DK and Warlock.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Irasian » June 25, 2013 1:38am | Report
I'm Irasian, still fairly new to this game. I've played a bit of the original dota never really got into it.

Favourite heroes are currently probably Chen (I'm a fairly big fan of RTS so I'm not too fussed about micromanaging and not sure why everyone seems to complain about it :P), Kunkka (Tidebringer and landing torrents just feels great) and Alchemist (Who doesn't love chucking flasks at people and feeding ogres randoms bits of moss.)

Still trying to get playing hard supports as I'm still at the level where everyone chooses carries, doesn't buy couriers and don't ward.

Irasian

Notable (2)
Steam: Irasian
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 25, 2013 1:47am | Report
Irasian wrote:

I'm Irasian, still fairly new to this game. I've played a bit of the original dota never really got into it.

Favourite heroes are currently probably Chen (I'm a fairly big fan of RTS so I'm not too fussed about micromanaging and not sure why everyone seems to complain about it :P), Kunkka (Tidebringer and landing torrents just feels great) and Alchemist (Who doesn't love chucking flasks at people and feeding ogres randoms bits of moss.)

Still trying to get playing hard supports as I'm still at the level where everyone chooses carries, doesn't buy couriers and don't ward.

I don't get why people hate micromanaging as well. It feels quite satisfying. I think people are just lazy :P.

I like your mindset on dota, very team-oriented. After all, its a team game. You'll get to the high-level matchmaking someday (I myself am stumbling between the high-medium and low level bracket), and then you can play whatever you want :D

Welcome to dotafire :)

P.S Play. Meepo.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Irasian » June 25, 2013 2:11am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

P.S Play. Meepo.

I've tried him but I just can't seem to like him that much, I get confused about which meepo is hot keyed to which key and so I try moving a fully healed meepo away from the fight instead of the one that is about to die. :(
That and I don't like how if one dies they all die, but I have to admit bringing one meepo to a team fight and then having all of them poof onto him is great. :)

I suppose I just need practice.

Irasian

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 25, 2013 3:11am | Report
Irasian wrote:

I've tried him but I just can't seem to like him that much, I get confused about which meepo is hot keyed to which key and so I try moving a fully healed meepo away from the fight instead of the one that is about to die. :(
That and I don't like how if one dies they all die, but I have to admit bringing one meepo to a team fight and then having all of them poof onto him is great. :)

I suppose I just need practice.

There are Meepo portraits on the left side of the screen and it shows how much health and mana each one has. You can click on each one to select them. Each additional Meepo will create a portrait below the previous one. Just hotkey the first one to 1, second one to 2, and so on. When in a fight, keep checking your Meepos' health every now and then by looking on the left side of the screen. Since you already ordered your Meepos using hotkeys, when any of the Meepo portraits display low health, you can just press the hotkey based on which order it is in ie. If the 3rd Meepo portrait starts flashing red, then press 3 and RUN. Also, if the "one dies, all die" feature isn't there, Meepo would either be really overpowered or really boring :P

It is a treacherous journey, but once you have mastered the art of Meepo, you will not regret it :)

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Irasian » June 25, 2013 4:23am | Report
Fair enough, I'll have to give it a go. :)

Irasian

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ninja Trigger » June 27, 2013 12:09am | Report
Hey every I'm Ninja Trigger I am super new to Dota2, I just jumped over here from the League side of Mobafire and thought I would check this side out while I learn how to play Dota2, but I hope to have fun over here on this side with all of you guys while I learn the game.

Ninja Trigger

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved