Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Introduce Yourself!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Introduce Yourself! 388 posts - page 23 of 39

Poll Question:

Where are you from?
Australia
Africa
Asia
Caribbean
Central America
Europe (East)
Europe (West)
North America
Middle East
Oceana
Scandinavia
South America
Other
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Romark14 » October 1, 2014 7:33am | Report
Made a few post's now, and lingered for guides since i started playing, so:

I'm Romark (the 14's silent...) and i am from the good old North of England. Cold, wet, dark, what do i do? I play videogames. DotA2 is the newest though, and it shows no sign of loosening it's grip! I started up with a couple of friends, who arent on this forum, so i can often get into a group with 4 or 5 people. Helps, a lot!

I may become more active on these forum's, you lad's (and Lasses) all seem very canny!

Romark
Dimonychan wrote:

Split-puhing <- when you do it.
Rat doto <- when enemy does it.

Romark14

Notable (7)
Steam: Romark14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 5, 2014 12:53pm | Report
Welcome everyone !

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by thatguyuptheroad » October 9, 2014 7:02am | Report
Bonjour

Jason here from Atlantic Canada. Just started playing Dota 2, Noob in the MOBA genre.
They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, Well this dog will hone his skills
and see you on the battle field.

thatguyuptheroad

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by psithyrus » October 10, 2014 10:04pm | Report
Hi! I'm Sarah from USA and I've played about 300 hours so far on DotA 2. I keep trying to quit gaming but I somehow always wind up playing a new game (you all know how it is...)

For the longest time I only played FPSs but now DotA is my favorite. I started into the genre when someone had me try LoL, which I didn't like much (I don't like the rotating champion system thing) but at least it got me familiar with the genre mechanics. So later, when I got my boyfriend (who's played 3000+ hours!) to show me DotA 2, at least I wasn't completely blown away with the complexity (okay, I still was kinda blown away!)

I still have a long way to go, especially in learning heroes (I only have a handful that I can say I play well with), but I absolutely love the game and am totally addicted. My favorite role is carry, though I'll often support when I'm playing in pub games because at my current level, it seems like hardly anyone buys courier/wards even if they choose a support hero :P

I enjoy the hero guides on this website and am looking forward to participating in these forums!

From the nether reaches...huehuehue

psithyrus

Steam: The Frilly Panties in Your Mou
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 10, 2014 10:14pm | Report
Welcome aboard psithyrus
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » October 11, 2014 2:51pm | Report
Welcome to the fun house psithyrus, enjoy your stay :)

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CapnDaft » October 19, 2014 8:36am | Report
I posted a couple of messages, but I didn't really introduce myself.

Well hello, Im captain daft, I've about 800 hours. Im french but live in Canada, so yeah. For my number of hours I think I am really really decent, since I did my homework, I watched pros and a lot of tips possible in general. I usually like to either mid or offlane, 'cause I like to solo lanes, I can only blame myself when I **** up things. Um, yeah, I appeared in headshot for my mirana arrow :D. These days I feel like I learnt enough for now with the mid lane, and looking forward to the offlane position. If I do new threads, it will probably be about the offlane position to my fellows that have more experience than me in this position!
Spoiler: Click to view

CapnDaft

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (8)
Steam: Captain Daft
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » October 19, 2014 11:09am | Report
Welcome CapnDaft, enjoy your stay :)

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » October 25, 2014 1:00am | Report
Hello everyone, I didn't really introduce myself until I found this thread LOL.

I'm from SEA but I'm not "pinoy".
"Stop looking at me hey."

I've been playing DotA 1 for about 7 years but only surface from low tier of pub at last year. On this year I started to play DotA 2 which is far superior than DotA 1. It will be very nice if I can be friend with you all and joins as team in matchmaking.

Commonly I play as carry or support, since I'm usually the last pick so I end up as support in most game.
I never join any DotA competition and I'm still learning DotA ( there is no end for learning ). So any mentors would be welcomed. :)
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » October 25, 2014 1:10am | Report
^indian? add me. not indian? add me :3

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved