Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How do you guys deal with pub loses

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How do you guys deal with pub loses 35 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 10, 2014 6:58am | Report

Numerous reasons for this from bad team, bad match ups and bad play from myself but it was starting to affect the way I approached the games from being fun (since its a game) to being desperate to win games and taking loses to hard (which is silly as my wife points out).

That's so true. There was a period between September and November in which I felt the same way as you: after I scored the biggest amount of consecutive losses ever (11-12 I believe), it looked like I could play fine with a good amount of wins; but then I went on a losing streak again. Well, I must say Dota became like a torture those months: as I lost games, I felt the need of winning more and more. The game became like a drug to me, and I did like 4-5 matches a day (I usually do 1-2 a day now, as always) and losses had impact in my everyday life as well (particularly on my mood).

Now I don't have that problem anymore (when you play with friends, especially IRL ones, you laugh at losses most of the time), but I feel really pressured when playing Dota, especally in CM matches when I'm the captain. I kinda like that feeling though, it keeps me hyped througout all the game and I'm more concentrated. Dota is also the only game that makes me feel so.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 10, 2014 7:03am | Report
sal69 wrote:

You need to be able to play more than one hero so you can sometimes pick what is missing in your current team composition. Ironically your own strategy of picking is also the reason for your problems.

This ^...although, it doesn't really help in every situation, e.g. the other 4 players all pick Support Heroes -_-

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » January 10, 2014 7:22am | Report
yesterday I was playing with a friend and our team mates barely did much and fed lots, yet we were able to win because I was carrying as invoker.... (out carried our hard carry somehow). One of the opponents even said they were scared ****less by my invoker...(wtf)

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Steam: 熊猫仔
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 10, 2014 7:24am | Report
invoker can carry pretty decent ya know..

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 10, 2014 7:26am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

This ^...although, it doesn't really help in every situation, e.g. the other 4 players all pick Support Heroes -_-

i see you just quoted the legendary 5 support strategy..

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by commandojimbob » January 10, 2014 7:57am | Report

That's so true. There was a period between September and November in which I felt the same way as you: after I scored the biggest amount of consecutive losses ever (11-12 I believe), it looked like I could play fine with a good amount of wins; but then I went on a losing streak again. Well, I must say Dota became like a torture those months: as I lost games, I felt the need of winning more and more. The game became like a drug to me, and I did like 4-5 matches a day (I usually do 1-2 a day now, as always) and losses had impact in my everyday life as well (particularly on my mood).

This this this and this again. I was finding that if I finished the night on a loss, especially in addition to more loses than wins, my mood would be awful and I would come across as all tense and irrate, desperate to play on to finish on a win even though my wife had waited up to go to bed with me - she hates it !

So in conjunction with playing single draft I have also took it upon myself, for the sake of my marriage, to play a bit less DOTA and introduced Diablo 3 and the occasional game of FIFA, and I no longer finish a nights gaming with DOTA !!!!

Glad to hear I am not the only one ! :o)

We could start a support group (and i dont mean 5 strong team of supports).

commandojimbob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 10, 2014 7:57am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

i see you just quoted the legendary 5 support strategy..

Nope, I picked Dragon Knight after the 1st 2 Support picks

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 10, 2014 8:14am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Nope, I picked Dragon Knight after the 1st 2 Support picks

Support Dragon Knight? You're brave indeed. :D

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » January 10, 2014 11:11am | Report
The fact is there are those who are in the high skill bracket that still manage to do better than you. Yes, everyone gets idiots. But ultimately winning is going to be on you. Focus on what you could have done better after the game is over instead of blaming others, because even if they are idiots, just blaming them for all your problems leaves you no room for improvement and you'll continue to do the same thing every game.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » January 10, 2014 5:18pm | Report
Tell me about dealing with individuals who can't listen...
http://dotabuff.com/players/86935770
16-18 games in a row of constant losing, 48 hrs and lost about 28 games and won 2. All of those games were ranked and i've lost about 400 points dropping from 3750 to 3300~. Now i'm at 3400~ and slowly climbing back up. Alot of individuals near 3300 are extremely incompetent and do not understand how to think critically so my suggestion is play a hero who is not as hard as invoker but can carry just as well as invoker. Invoker has alot of potential but it seems you're not able to carry a whole team.

The best way to carry your self out of "mmr hell" is to play a middle hero who is able to carry regardless of the situation. I've recently started to play storm spirit again and i've noticed that i could carry my team on my shoulders whether they feed or not since they usually get assist money from the constant ganks i do.

PiNG-

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved