Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How do you guys deal with pub loses

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How do you guys deal with pub loses 35 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 5, 2014 5:08am | Report

Looks like low level pub players like SnY a lot. Still no supports though, neither in the enemy team.

exactly i randomed Nature's but they wouldn't pick a support :(

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » January 5, 2014 1:27pm | Report
here's an interesting question: If ranked MM is supposed to pair you up with people around your level why is it that I get paired up with feeders or non team players of just people who don't know what their doing in general? shouldn't it be that the higher the rating the less ******ed people are?

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Steam: 熊猫仔
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » January 5, 2014 4:33pm | Report
SeekHeart wrote:

here's an interesting question: If ranked MM is supposed to pair you up with people around your level why is it that I get paired up with feeders or non team players of just people who don't know what their doing in general? shouldn't it be that the higher the rating the less ******ed people are?

ofc there is a skill difference between individual players, but imo this skill-gap is almost never as big in ranked, as it is in pubs. I dont know what rating you are playing on but a 2000-3000 MR for instance is considered average... and average players can make mistakes or can be unfamiliar with certain heroes. My ranked games for example are the most balanced games i have ever played.

Concerning pub-losses however, i know how frustrating it can be to loose a perfectly balanced game, simply because of peoples stupidity. Winning your lane with 3 -0 stats and 60 Lasthits in the first ~10 minutes and then getting crushed by an insanely fed mid laner is quite something.

The only advise i can really give on this matter, is to play heroes that arent as team dependent as lets say anti-mage or phantom-assassin. Windranger, Lifestealer or Clinkz for instance are heroes that have a fairly low setup-time (if your team really sucks that hard a PA for example gives your team too much time to feed the enemy) and scale very good into lategame.... especially if you start snowballing, as most pub-players really have no idea how to play from a disadvantage (have seen it far too often, that even if you get wiped like 3-4 times in a row, your team is still seaking teamfights)

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » January 5, 2014 5:01pm | Report
problem is I play invoker who is team dependent... I don't wanna switch away from my favorite just to win.

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » January 5, 2014 5:15pm | Report
I've been playing Dota 2 for about 6 months now have recently made a new account strictly for Dota 2 and the way I've learned to cope with guys that are oblivious to teamwork is first of all try using in game chat if you have a micorphone. That way you can help those who need it much faster than typing in chat.

As far as playing with people who don't speak your language hoping on servers there really isn't much you can do about that. Living in the U.S I can't count the amount of times that I've played on U.S servers and have been put on a team with no one that speaks english, which might not be their fault as people living in central america have to choose between hoping on a U.S server or the South American server located in Brazil which might be difficult for some because of ping issues.

So in conclusion I think that the best way to cope with bad teammates just try to be patient and kind and people will be much more keen to listen to you and do well.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 6, 2014 1:24am | Report
I've finally given ranked matchmaking a go, completed my first 10 solo games and then done some more. Although the overall standard is probably a little better than non-ranked, it's still pretty poor at times considering the MMR stating this is the top few % of DOTA players. Still had non-supporting supports, AFK junglers, mid feeders and terrible picks.

Thing to remember is that these players still win games, so they obviously have skills. Whether they have any tactical sense, are picking the wrong heroes, just get unlucky is hard to say. It's true that a lot of the time is that a lack of communication really hurts teams - people get something wrong then tend to keep digging rather than working as a team to resolve it.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » January 6, 2014 8:49am | Report
whether or not they have skills can be questionable cause I've seen people with 2900 rating who only get there cause of their hard carry anyway to those who feel the same add me and we play.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/seekheart

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Volpe » January 10, 2014 5:25am | Report
what you can do is : you need to loosen up, do not play solo queue when you are having a bad day

or a bad game, that will just make things worse as solo queue never promises the team you will

get.

NINJA TEXT!

<---

Volpe

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by commandojimbob » January 10, 2014 5:47am | Report
I have been on a bad run recently - probably 33% win/loss ratio across the last 20 odd games which has taken me 1 game under a 50/50 ratio.

Numerous reasons for this from bad team, bad match ups and bad play from myself but it was starting to affect the way I approached the games from being fun (since its a game) to being desperate to win games and taking loses to hard (which is silly as my wife points out).

Since I play mainly on my own this is not great but I have very recently started playing "Single Draft" games only which has completely taken the edge off of my games - I feel less pressured, it feels more fun and playing hero's that I had not previously.

I still have not moved to ranked matchmaking though as I fear the pressure - which is daft as i can handle pressure, but the competitiveness of DOTA drives irrational thinking in me so I now have found a way to play for fun.

commandojimbob

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sal69 » January 10, 2014 6:58am | Report
I dont have a huge experience with this game but what i saw is the following.

Whenever i pick a support hero it greatly increases the chances of my team to win. Supports are not picked that often and mostly all players pick their favorite hero. Like you say in your post you always pick Invoker. Imagine all 5 People in your team have this mindset. Each one knows exactly the hero they will pick before they even hit the search game button. This way it is pure luck if your team composition makes any sense. Blaming it on your team-mates that they did not pick support hero's is pointless, you could have picked one too. I do not write this to flame you, but only to show you the complexity of this problem.
On the other hand when you play a decent support, but the other team has none it greatly increases your teams chances of success.
You need to be able to play more than one hero so you can sometimes pick what is missing in your current team composition. Ironically your own strategy of picking is also the reason for your problems.

sal69

Steam: sal

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved