Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how can i increase my mmr after these......?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » how can i increase my mmr after these......? 48 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » March 21, 2014 4:42pm | Report
how would you get more than +25 per ranked game?

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Steam: 熊猫仔
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » March 21, 2014 5:28pm | Report
I didn't mean that the overall niveau of games stays the same if you drop 200 rating, BUT for one individual player you cant really narrow down the skill level on 200 or 300 rating.
I know a lot of people with approximately the same level of play, while their rating differs by up to 1000.

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 21, 2014 6:31pm | Report
PiNG- wrote:

@Tim, i think it's something like standard 25 points and the +/- from the 25 points are probably calculated via score.

can you please answer my question if you can get points while losing games? becouse ive yet to see it and you are not really aswering my questions.
im sure you played much more ranked matches then me, but if you can show me if what determines the + or - score that could restore my faith in the system a bit.

becouse as i said, right now i think the points to get are purely based on the end result of a game. a win or a loss.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JaboChepelski » March 21, 2014 6:54pm | Report
According to Valve, you can still earn points while losing a match. I agree with you, as I haven't seen it myself, but when they introduced Ranked MMR they had mentioned that.

JaboChepelski

Steam: [☭Comrade☭] JabØ Chepelsk
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » March 21, 2014 8:36pm | Report

According to Valve, you can still earn points while losing a match. I agree with you, as I haven't seen it myself, but when they introduced Ranked MMR they had mentioned that.

Yeah they mentioned it but i haven't even seen it. I've heard and seen a friend who won a game and lost points though LOL

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eviil » March 22, 2014 6:37pm | Report
This is how you get points while losing a game.

You're in the losing team and lets say you're Sniper. Awesome run for you as the particular hero with 15-2, everyone did complete **** and you lost. Instead of getting -25 points, you get -22 points. You gained 3 points in that round for yourself, but here is the biggest factor in the MMR.... WINNING. This is why I consider solo Q ranked mode totally horrible. I can understand about the team based but in solo rank where everyone messes up and you're the only one doing good, everyone else brings you down! How to increase MMR? WIN, even if you did **** and you win, you receive positive points because you've won.... system needs a revamp.

Eviil

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » March 23, 2014 5:11am | Report
SeekHeart wrote:

how would you get more than +25 per ranked game?

From speculation, i assume getting more than 25 points would require having a decent score.

Timminatorr wrote:

can you please answer my question if you can get points while losing games? becouse ive yet to see it and you are not really aswering my questions.
im sure you played much more ranked matches then me, but if you can show me if what determines the + or - score that could restore my faith in the system a bit.

becouse as i said, right now i think the points to get are purely based on the end result of a game. a win or a loss.
[/quote]

Sorry that i didn't answer your question directly. Valve claims that you can gain points while losing. I haven't witnessed it, but my friend claims to have lost rating while winning a game. If we recall the patch notes when the MMR was released, valve claimed that you can "gain" rating when you lose. That statement is extremely general given a few assumptions. Every game won will reward +25 points, ever game loss will decrease your current score by -25 points. When you win or lose a game, you're instantly given +25 points and anything higher or below 25 will be based on your score. Now if you lose a game, you lose 25 points based on your score. If you score poorly during a game that is lost, you will lose more than 25 points. But if you perform well during a loss game you will lose 25 points and you "may gain" points during the loss. What i mean by that is if your score is fairly good, then you will lose 25 points which is why you technically gain points, but your loss is greater than your gain.

Now with my above statement, i will repeat what i assume.
1. You are automatically rewarded +/- 25 points.
2. gaining more or less points will be based on how well you perform.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » March 24, 2014 2:33pm | Report
Ping I have a game where I was 30-1-2 and still only got +25 while my teammates had like 2-3 Kills and 4 deaths.

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Rudd » March 24, 2014 2:42pm | Report
This is what I have read, somewhere, dont know if it is accurate or not, but it makes sense:

Optimitally, the game tries to match even teams. Meaning the game will try to match 2 teams against each other, that, according to the mmr of all the players, both teams have 50% chance of winning the match. This way, if you lose or win a match, you lose or win 25 points, respectively.

However, imagine the game calculates that your team has lower than 50% chance of winning (meaning the game "thinks" that it is more likely for you to lose that particular match than winning). If you win this match, you will get more than 25 points (26, 27, etc...) and if you lose this match you'll lose less than 25 points (24, 23,...).

Again, don't know if this is true, but at least makes sense.

Personally, I would prefer a system that rewards you based on how well you played. At least in the solo ranked matches. I lost a match once in Captains Mode, because the drafter went afk during the draft... Shenanigans like these don't make the solo ranked matches very attractive.

Rudd

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » March 24, 2014 3:48pm | Report
Try having a whole team of solo MMR players who only speak spanish and all go carry...

SeekHeart

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved