Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how can i increase my mmr after these......?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » how can i increase my mmr after these......? 48 posts - page 1 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 19, 2014 2:22pm | Report
http://dotabuff.com/matches/567782981

http://dotabuff.com/matches/566513311

http://dotabuff.com/matches/560390453

aand many others.

got a mmr of 2.3K so **** me

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » March 19, 2014 2:24pm | Report
Uh, I think creating a new account and tryharding is the best option.. I know people who played like 300 games, got to 55%+ winrate and started with 4.5k+ mmr
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ScarPe » March 19, 2014 2:37pm | Report
and then you will destroy my games. dont do that please.
you got outpicked very hard in nearly every of that games.

if this were AP games, thats the problem.

in addition, you have very strange itembuilds.
in general those wouldnt be as bad, but look at the opposing teams.
so much disable, slow, nukes, burst.. all in all very greedy and there is a single item that would have won you the fights.

i present to you:
Black King Bar

----

play other roles. play support. watch replays of progames and try to understand the game.
then you will climb just by default.

my first hint: never chase, if you could get a tower instead.
my question to you: why do you think i value the tower over a kill?

ScarPe

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » March 19, 2014 6:25pm | Report
Originally I was calibrated 3k+ mmr only to drop to **** mmr now cause of bad mates. Stuff happens and MMR doesn't really represent anything. Think about it if someone with like 4k mmr boasts he can beat you easily and instead lost to you then it's like saying your opponent's mmr is **** because he lost to a lower mmr player.

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Steam: 熊猫仔
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ScarPe » March 19, 2014 7:01pm | Report
the MMR actually says semething about you.
its not like this rating is ******** at all.

you can say that you "feel" every ~200 points.
games getting better and better, you get better, your teammates get better and here is the point you forget all the time: your opponents are getting better too,
and thats why you hear "i only lose cause of bad teammates" from rating 1 to 6000.

if you want to say it mathematically:
dota has lots of variables, player, hero, lane, opponents, gametime, and so on.
for your team, you can say

A + B + C + D + E + .... +Z = X (outcome of the game)
the only variable you know and most importantly you can change is........ YOURSELF.

so if evenmy team is Y
-> you have sth like X = Y (strd MMR)

so simply spoken: if you play a lot better as good as your teammates its sth like: X + 3A

=> Y < X + 3A
conclusion: YOU MAKE THE DIFFERENCE AND NO ONE ELSE.

---

as i see your gamestats:
maybe you should consider playing sth. different than invoker all the time :D
invoker is a pure utility hero which falls off, VERY hard at a ertain point of every game.
yes very strong early and midgame, but once bkbs are up and so on,
you dont hafve as much influence as another hero would have.
(i dont care how good you play him, its just the hero itself)

ScarPe

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » March 19, 2014 8:57pm | Report
I'd say it was a valid point if I was playing invoker on ranked. Sadly I play carry and supports on ranked and only invoker on non ranked and maybe 1 or 2 games ranked. Also I have game matches where I went 20-0-something as X hero while my team had 0-3, 0-10, 1-12 or something like that for K-D scores. To make a more interesting point I had a match the other day where I killed a 3k MMR player like 9 times and didn't even die once (post game can see mmr). I'm currently below 3k mmr and the enemy team had a 2 stack of 3k mmrs, my team only had like 1 guy with that rating and he didn't even do much except die several times. I still say MMR = 10% of you, 90% is your actual game skills.

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Steam: 熊猫仔
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ScarPe » March 19, 2014 9:11pm | Report
well, who said that the MMR is your actual skill?
as i already argued: dota has too man variables to rate your overall play via a single number.

but big aspects are how good you are as a teamplayer,
how do you deal with losses or mistajkes of allys (flaming wont make them play better),
how good do you understand the game.

so you are wrong with:
MMR = 10% of you, 90% is your actial game skills:

this is right:
Dota is a sum of 10% player-skill + 90% "softskills" that dont necessarily have to do sth with dota in general.

ScarPe

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by 9black » March 19, 2014 10:12pm | Report
Question: MMR goes up to 6000 now? Thought the max was 5k.

9black

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » March 20, 2014 12:09am | Report
MMR goes past 5k. I have a few friends past 5100. I'm not sure how high it goes.

KoDyAbAbA, here is some advice that I have for you: You seem to go similar items consistently without taking the team composition into consideration. Let's consider your first game as Invoker.

First off, you have an orchid. A single target silence and amp damage. This item is used to shut down heroes that can escape easily, giving you a chance to take advantage of their poor stats and survivability, balanced out by their escape mechanism (Which you've disabled). Heroes that this item excels against would be Anti-Mage, Storm Spirit, Faceless Void, Weaver, etc etc... I see none of those heroes. Actually, I see no real targets that need to be silenced. Orchid is also great at picking off heroes when you can initiate with burst (Like a storm spirit using orchid on a dazzle or weaver). But look at your team. I don't think you have a very good team for ganking, minus Lion. With the buff to QW Invoker, Medusa, Warlock, and even AM to some extent, I feel like you have very strong team fight and split push. I think Orchid was a poor choice. You should have gone some team fight items instead of single target items like orchid and crit.

Your second game as weaver you made a few item mistakes as well. Silencer, Void, Slardar, and Shadow Shaman can either disable for a long time, or burst you down very quickly. As a Weaver, I think you should have gotten more stat items than just a linkens. You need things to survive the burst of their team fight while silenced for your 6+ seconds. Going Daedalus was not the way to go. You can survive their burst, then turn it around and counter initiate, or even pop time lapse afterwards to get a fresh jump on the fight. I think something like a hood would have been a great mid game item instead of baby crit into daedalus.

Your third game as Invoker, again you go orchid versus a hero that is very poor against (Phantom Lancer). I think something like a Shiva's would have been great for team fight and would have drastically slowed his attack speed, which would reduce his illusion spawn and significantly lower the opposing teams DPS. I think rushing a gem on Invoker would have been a great idea as well, considering how great of a ganking composition you have. It would make PL very scared to farm when you're not on the map, and would give you a LOT of early game map control, again making PL more hesitant to farm. The only reason to get an orchid here would be to shut down WD's ult, but since you have agh's and Invoker has so many ways to deal with WD's ult, I think it's kind of a redundant item pick up.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

Also, MMR means nothing. Don't worry about it. I'm stuck at 4100, and I coach people with higher MMR than me. It's not a very good representation of your skill level since it is almost exclusively based on wins and losses. Just play to get better. ^_^

Edit: Also, I agree with ScarPe on the BKB pick up. Against silencer or bloodseeker especially as those heroes. Silence counters Weaver very hard. Also silence against an Invoker with Agh's is a very hard counter. You will get off one to two spells most likely, assuming you position well. You will get off no spells if you are positioned poorly. BKB would be an excellent pick up as well.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » March 20, 2014 8:07am | Report
thanks guys for your replies! the thing is that even though i make mistakes (big ones) it Shouldnt matter much if my team is there to cover up for me.if im solo and make mistakes,they multiply and result in me loosing.

just for instance this:http://dotabuff.com/matches/570113625/skills

look at invoker.look at him.LOOK.

is this how you play him?

look at medusa.rushes skadi.SKADI.in a not-so-good lane

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved