Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how can i increase my mmr after these......?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » how can i increase my mmr after these......? 48 posts - page 3 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 20, 2014 10:55pm | Report
PiNG- wrote:

There are many things i left out as i cannot transition my thoughts to paper which is a skill i should develop. Yes you have those games where you do get carried by your team, but you did play a role during some odd part of the game. I recently played a game this morning where i constantly ganked middle and my safe lane to the point where we were 8 kills to 1 kill by 10 minute mark. As you know crystal maiden has a tiny str growth, so that made me stick out like a sore thumb and red lighted me to die by their carry or nuker almost instantly. During my rotations to gank later on in the game i started to get caught and as i started to battle with my team i would drop instantly since i sat with little to no gold since i was the primary individual buying majority of all the observers, sentries and smoke to gank. Pretty much i created space early game and later on fed a lot.

There are games where you feed but your contribution towards the team may have helped whether you believe it or not. Your team was able to carry you because the opposing team knew you were a threat and had to get rid of you once they had the window of opportunity, by doing this your carry was able to steam roll them as they focused you down almost every single time.

I believe i give it enough credit but i do have individuals say i give it too much credit which i believe i do even though i dont state all my points.

Sure i can play well at a certain point in a game, but i hardly believe the system records the early rotations on rubick or sand king that gave our cores space and kills.
As i said, untill now ive never gotten points in a losing game, not even in a game like with CK where i was godlike at the point that morphling started taking over and we were losing teamfights.
Sure i could have done a lot of things better im sure, but me still making space late in the game and losing points? That makes no sense.

Can you show me a screenshot of games where you got points when you lost/ lost points when you won? Becouse ive yet to see it.

But purely based on everyone's experience here, despite some people overestimating themselves, shows that the system is seriously faulted at best.
I dont get why it always gives or takes around 23-27 points.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » March 20, 2014 11:07pm | Report
I agree Tim, it seems to not be evaluating people individually, making it hard to tell if you really are losing because you have bad teammates or if you have just overestimated yourself.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » March 20, 2014 11:37pm | Report
PiNG- wrote:

I believe there are quite a few of you who need to READ this again.
http://blog.dota2.com/2013/12/matchmaking/

I don't know if you're including me in those quite a few, since I'm critical of the mmr system. Especially the way it was implemented. But I'd say that as you've moved a total of 400 since it started that only supports my assertion that ranked matchmaking is only just starting to level out. If you'd started at 2200 there's a very good chance that you would only be at 2600.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » March 21, 2014 12:19am | Report
@Tim, as i mentioned earlier i can't translate my thoughts onto paper but let me try again. I know the game doesn't record early rotation. I know that the system is faulted, it's impossible to create a perfect MMR system. What im trying to state is that you win some you lose some even if you feed or not you played a some what vital role in the victory even though it is heavily masked. Yes the game doesn't include early rotation but what im trying to say is in order to win you gotta have that early cohesion.

manic_e wrote:

I don't know if you're including me in those quite a few, since I'm critical of the mmr system. Especially the way it was implemented. But I'd say that as you've moved a total of 400 since it started that only supports my assertion that ranked matchmaking is only just starting to level out.
If you'd started at 2200 there's a very good chance that you would only be at 2600.

I don't recall what you said but im pretty sure i didn't include you. but im not a 2200 nor a 2600. Like i said i take pride in my rating as it does indicate what level i play at and i could improve even more. About since it started i moved a total of 400 units give or take. I do agree in a sense that the rating is starting to level out as more and more players become aware of their rating and start focusing while playing. Moving 400 points is a substantial amount, think about it. let's say that each game rewards 25 points for argument sake which is also the median. That's 4 wins, 400 points is 16 wins. 16 wins is quite hard since you need 16 wins on top of your losses.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » March 21, 2014 1:00am | Report
PiNG- wrote:

But im not a 2200 nor a 2600.

I know your not. But you easily could have been due to the arbitrary nature with which people's initial mmr's were assigned.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » March 21, 2014 4:26am | Report
manic_e wrote:

I know your not. But you easily could have been due to the arbitrary nature with which people's initial mmr's were assigned.

I'm pretty sure the system used your normal match making rating to pin point where you belong...

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 21, 2014 8:43am | Report
PiNG- wrote:

I'm pretty sure the system used your normal match making rating to pin point where you belong...

Im think my starting MMR was pretty accurate, but as i said my problem is with the way it gives or takes points. Becouse as far as ive seen you can only get points when you win, and you can only lose points when you lose.
If the system works like this, it is extremely flawed, becouse that basicly means it doenst care about game stats at all, apart from maybe the difference in getting/losing 23 or 27 points. (which is also pretyy random as ive observed.

So, could you show a screenshot of a game were you lost but gained points? Becouse up untill this point i havent heard of it

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Allegiance » March 21, 2014 9:23am | Report
I think the MMR is nice indicator in which area your skill is, but definetly not an exact represntator for your level of play.
Of course you loose games because of team mates, but you also loose some, cause you didn't perform so well, or the enemy team just played better.

you can gain and loose rating so fast, that 200-300 rating don't really make any difference at all. It can just come down to pure luck, that you go on a loosing streak (or ofc winning streak)

Overall, you should play for fun anyway and don't give a rat's *** about rating.

Allegiance

Notable (9)
Steam: d4rkdest1ny
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » March 21, 2014 4:18pm | Report
Allegiance wrote:

I think the MMR is nice indicator in which area your skill is, but definetly not an exact represntator for your level of play.
Of course you loose games because of team mates, but you also loose some, cause you didn't perform so well, or the enemy team just played better.

you can gain and loose rating so fast, that 200-300 rating don't really make any difference at all. It can just come down to pure luck, that you go on a loosing streak (or ofc winning streak)

Overall, you should play for fun anyway and don't give a rat's *** about rating.

Sounds like you're implying normal games. I play DotA 2 for competition, the thrill of winning or losing a good game. Also 200-300 points is alot, i'd like to see you move 200-300 points from your current location and there is a difference in skill level as you slowly move up. I've been +400/-400 from my starting rating and noticed a dramatic difference in individuals i play with. So from your experience and my experience are quite different.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » March 21, 2014 4:19pm | Report
@Tim, i think it's something like standard 25 points and the +/- from the 25 points are probably calculated via score.
PiNG- wrote:

Sounds like you're implying normal games. I play DotA 2 for competition, the thrill of winning or losing a good game. Also 200-300 points is alot, i'd like to see you move 200-300 points from your current location and there is a difference in skill level as you slowly move up. I've been +400/-400 from my starting rating and noticed a dramatic difference in individuals i play with. So from your experience and my experience are quite different.

PiNG-

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved