Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

how can i increase my mmr after these......?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » how can i increase my mmr after these......? 48 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 20, 2014 9:49am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

thanks guys for your replies! the thing is that even though i make mistakes (big ones) it Shouldnt matter much if my team is there to cover up for me.if im solo and make mistakes,they multiply and result in me loosing.

just for instance this:http://dotabuff.com/matches/570113625/skills

look at invoker.look at him.LOOK.

is this how you play him?

look at medusa.rushes skadi.SKADI.in a not-so-good lane

Quas Invoker + Eye of Skadi rush Medusa? New Meta incoming X{D

Seriously though, you probably shouldn't play Captain's Mode without a 5-stack, also, what is with the Drafting this game? 8{(

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 20, 2014 10:29am | Report
The game was lost with the draft. And although they probably didnt intend it that way, riki is actually a brilliant pick against ember. If he would have gotten a diffusal you and medusa would be utterly destroyed.

I also dont like your battlefury build.
It would be better if you went for a combat buile and got some stats like drums, instead of a gimmick/farming build with battle fury.

You can go the same kind of item progression on him as mirana and rely on your skills to win fights.
Ember is a high skill playmaking hero, not a farmer.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » March 20, 2014 3:11pm | Report

MMR goes past 5k. I have a few friends past 5100. I'm not sure how high it goes.

KoDyAbAbA, here is some advice that I have for you: You seem to go similar items consistently without taking the team composition into consideration. Let's consider your first game as Invoker.

First off, you have an orchid. A single target silence and amp damage. This item is used to shut down heroes that can escape easily, giving you a chance to take advantage of their poor stats and survivability, balanced out by their escape mechanism (Which you've disabled). Heroes that this item excels against would be Anti-Mage, Storm Spirit, Faceless Void, Weaver, etc etc... I see none of those heroes. Actually, I see no real targets that need to be silenced. Orchid is also great at picking off heroes when you can initiate with burst (Like a storm spirit using orchid on a dazzle or weaver). But look at your team. I don't think you have a very good team for ganking, minus Lion. With the buff to QW Invoker, Medusa, Warlock, and even AM to some extent, I feel like you have very strong team fight and split push. I think Orchid was a poor choice. You should have gone some team fight items instead of single target items like orchid and crit.

Your second game as weaver you made a few item mistakes as well. Silencer, Void, Slardar, and Shadow Shaman can either disable for a long time, or burst you down very quickly. As a Weaver, I think you should have gotten more stat items than just a linkens. You need things to survive the burst of their team fight while silenced for your 6+ seconds. Going Daedalus was not the way to go. You can survive their burst, then turn it around and counter initiate, or even pop time lapse afterwards to get a fresh jump on the fight. I think something like a hood would have been a great mid game item instead of baby crit into daedalus.

Your third game as Invoker, again you go orchid versus a hero that is very poor against (Phantom Lancer). I think something like a Shiva's would have been great for team fight and would have drastically slowed his attack speed, which would reduce his illusion spawn and significantly lower the opposing teams DPS. I think rushing a gem on Invoker would have been a great idea as well, considering how great of a ganking composition you have. It would make PL very scared to farm when you're not on the map, and would give you a LOT of early game map control, again making PL more hesitant to farm. The only reason to get an orchid here would be to shut down WD's ult, but since you have agh's and Invoker has so many ways to deal with WD's ult, I think it's kind of a redundant item pick up.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

Also, MMR means nothing. Don't worry about it. I'm stuck at 4100, and I coach people with higher MMR than me. It's not a very good representation of your skill level since it is almost exclusively based on wins and losses. Just play to get better. ^_^

Edit: Also, I agree with ScarPe on the BKB pick up. Against silencer or bloodseeker especially as those heroes. Silence counters Weaver very hard. Also silence against an Invoker with Agh's is a very hard counter. You will get off one to two spells most likely, assuming you position well. You will get off no spells if you are positioned poorly. BKB would be an excellent pick up as well.

agreed that MMR = nothing, I've been paired up with players higher mmr than me yet I still outperform them 9/10 times. I'd rather just focus on developing my understanding of my hero than raise my mmr at this point. Stuck @ 3k mmr....

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Steam: 熊猫仔
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » March 20, 2014 6:34pm | Report
I think mmr is only just beginning to level out. It's really not been in long enough for the players who got over what they should have to drop down far enough and the players (like me :p) who were under evaluated to rise up. Like Hades said their friends with only a few hundred games and a 55% win rate started at 4500. I had about 1800 games and a 52% win rate and started out at 2800 winning 6 of the 10 assessment games. And those first 10 games were a joke. So random. I played with some of the best players I've ever played with and I played with a Skeleton King who I had to ask to level up his stun and went double bracer first items in a lane we were winning. So in my opinion it's only just starting to level out but it's still got a long way to go.

Also I hate the way the community is treating mmr. Like right from the beginning people were saying if you're below 4k you're noob. I even had a guy say "the hell of 3k mmr" when we were losing. I said "so you've played at 4k then?" His answer was no. And those who I've heard speak of higher skill brackets have said there's been a hell of a lot of noobs in higher skill brackets.

:) I feel so much better after that rant.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by manic_e » March 20, 2014 6:36pm | Report

MMR goes past 5k. I have a few friends past 5100. I'm not sure how high it goes.

Last time I checked in on Dendi's stream he was at about 6100. I didn't think there was a limit as to how high it can go.

manic_e

Notable (6)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SeekHeart » March 20, 2014 7:56pm | Report
mmr should just be treated as a cosmetic and nothing else imo.

SeekHeart

Notable (2)
Steam: 熊猫仔
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 20, 2014 8:16pm | Report
As long as mmr is broken and only influenced by wins and losses it shouldnt be taken even slightly serious.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » March 20, 2014 9:09pm | Report
I believe there are quite a few of you who need to READ this again.
http://blog.dota2.com/2013/12/matchmaking/

Primarily SeekHeart, i've noticed that there is some kind of complaint from you about your MMR when ever i visit the forums. Stop being Delusional. You're probably the problem, you refuse help from others when they criticize how you play or probably insult them. But that may not be the case. You're below 3k MMR and you beat someone above 3k MMR. From how the system works, it seeks players +/- your rating simultaneously, what i mean by that if you are 3000 MMR. Doesn't mean you're good. If you notice from the introductino of the MMR. it doesn't mean you "enter" a new bracket. It just states where you currently are with respect to other players who play the game. The devs most likely rounded these given numbers to the nearest hundred.

Dont forget that if you played before the rating and partied with friends who are worse than you, it WILL drag your rating down. By that i mean if you win a game you will receive a minimal rating while if you lose you received a critical hit to your MMR.

It doesn't matter what your KDR is, what matters is your cohesion with 9 other players, how well are you able to adapt to every unique situation in every game.

*** It is impossible to calculate any individual actual skill rating. There too many variables to calculate.

MMR isn't a cosmetic, it's a title that each individual holds with pride. You're not stuck at 3k MMR, you belong there. No offense but i've started at 3600, dropped down to 3300 and climbed all the way up to 4000. What happened between 3600 and 3300? I was an ******* i thought i was better than everyone else and ignored any feed back i got. I ranted on a community forums where i let out my frustration and got a lot of feed back and advice, i soon realized it wasn't the people who i played with that was the problem. It was me, i had to be open for adaption and advice from players who aren't necessarily better than i am but look at certain situations differently. After i realized i was the problem, i started to improve myself and slowly climbed all the way back up to 3600 and eventually 4000.
Take a lesson SeekHeart, your bickering wont help you if you're the problem, become the problem solver! If your team sucks what can you do to help them? offer them feed back and why it "might" help the team, if they insult you well then there is nothing you can do. ( Hence the quotation on might, i say might because individuals tend to take advice a lot better ) If you're playing middle which i assume you do, then create space for your carry. Create space all you do is create space and you'll start winning more of your games.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 20, 2014 9:40pm | Report
PiNG- wrote:

I believe there are quite a few of you who need to READ this again.
http://blog.dota2.com/2013/12/matchmaking/

Primarily SeekHeart, i've noticed that there is some kind of complaint from you about your MMR when ever i visit the forums. Stop being Delusional. You're probably the problem, you refuse help from others when they criticize how you play or probably insult them. But that may not be the case. You're below 3k MMR and you beat someone above 3k MMR. From how the system works, it seeks players +/- your rating simultaneously, what i mean by that if you are 3000 MMR. Doesn't mean you're good. If you notice from the introductino of the MMR. it doesn't mean you "enter" a new bracket. It just states where you currently are with respect to other players who play the game. The devs most likely rounded these given numbers to the nearest hundred.

Dont forget that if you played before the rating and partied with friends who are worse than you, it WILL drag your rating down. By that i mean if you win a game you will receive a minimal rating while if you lose you received a critical hit to your MMR.

It doesn't matter what your KDR is, what matters is your cohesion with 9 other players, how well are you able to adapt to every unique situation in every game.

*** It is impossible to calculate any individual actual skill rating. There too many variables to calculate.

MMR isn't a cosmetic, it's a title that each individual holds with pride. You're not stuck at 3k MMR, you belong there. No offense but i've started at 3600, dropped down to 3300 and climbed all the way up to 4000. What happened between 3600 and 3300? I was an ******* i thought i was better than everyone else and ignored any feed back i got. I ranted on a community forums where i let out my frustration and got a lot of feed back and advice, i soon realized it wasn't the people who i played with that was the problem. It was me, i had to be open for adaption and advice from players who aren't necessarily better than i am but look at certain situations differently. After i realized i was the problem, i started to improve myself and slowly climbed all the way back up to 3600 and eventually 4000.
Take a lesson SeekHeart, your bickering wont help you if you're the problem, become the problem solver! If your team sucks what can you do to help them? offer them feed back and why it "might" help the team, if they insult you well then there is nothing you can do. ( Hence the quotation on might, i say might because individuals tend to take advice a lot better ) If you're playing middle which i assume you do, then create space for your carry. Create space all you do is create space and you'll start winning more of your games.

although i agree almost 100% with your post, you give the MMR system too much credit.
why do i get points for winning a match that i played poorly against a team that were 4 most of the time becouse dazzle DC's, and was completely carried by slark? http://dotabuff.com/matches/571187823

and lose points for a game where i played a very good chaos knight game, but got outcarried by morph? http://dotabuff.com/matches/565801331

i have never received points for a lost game, but ive also never lost points for playing bad in a won game.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » March 20, 2014 9:49pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

although i agree almost 100% with your post, you give the MMR system too much credit.
why do i get points for winning a match that i played poorly against a team that were 4 most of the time becouse dazzle DC's, and was completely carried by slark? http://dotabuff.com/matches/571187823

and lose points for a game where i played a very good chaos knight game, but got outcarried by morph? http://dotabuff.com/matches/565801331

i have never received points for a lost game, but ive also never lost points for playing bad in a won game.

There are many things i left out as i cannot transition my thoughts to paper which is a skill i should develop. Yes you have those games where you do get carried by your team, but you did play a role during some odd part of the game. I recently played a game this morning where i constantly ganked middle and my safe lane to the point where we were 8 kills to 1 kill by 10 minute mark. As you know crystal maiden has a tiny str growth, so that made me stick out like a sore thumb and red lighted me to die by their carry or nuker almost instantly. During my rotations to gank later on in the game i started to get caught and as i started to battle with my team i would drop instantly since i sat with little to no gold since i was the primary individual buying majority of all the observers, sentries and smoke to gank. Pretty much i created space early game and later on fed a lot.

There are games where you feed but your contribution towards the team may have helped whether you believe it or not. Your team was able to carry you because the opposing team knew you were a threat and had to get rid of you once they had the window of opportunity, by doing this your carry was able to steam roll them as they focused you down almost every single time.

I believe i give it enough credit but i do have individuals say i give it too much credit which i believe i do even though i dont state all my points.

PiNG-

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved