Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Heroes that deserve to be played more?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Heroes that deserve to be played more? 30 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » April 25, 2013 1:04pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

How can you focus down a BKB'd Death Prophet,asuming that you are playing in pubs?It might even be hard to focus her down in freaking competitive.Asuming that you can coutner both kind of damage sources,except Doom(universal damage),her innate tankyness might just get her out of bad situations not to mention witchcraft.

Then again,if you blow all your dissables on her,you will lose the teamfight,to the point where you have no more disables to throw on their main carry.

Not everyone builds Black King Bar on her, especially in public matches.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » April 25, 2013 2:11pm | Report
Hades4u wrote:

In respect to what you said earlier about focusing her and not fleeing, I think its all about objectives. If a DP is just popping her ULT prior to a teamfight and there are no towers around, you should fall back, however if DP is making a move to take down a tower or a barracks then defending is definitely what you need to do but I don't think at any point she's going to be THE priority target, she'll always be lower down than someone with aggressive DPS.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 25, 2013 3:47pm | Report
Thing with DP is she's a great siege hero, she pretty much forces you to come out and fight or your base is going to take a ton of damage. Between Witchcraft and Phase Boots you can get out of trouble and kite around pretty effectively, even Eul's yourself to keep the ghosts attacking if you're low.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terrorblade » April 27, 2013 5:38am | Report
Dont forget to play naga siren, dark seer, keeper of the light, Storm and slardar

Terrorblade

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Affluenza » April 27, 2013 8:46am | Report
Spectre. Visage. Ogre. OD.

Affluenza

Steam: mr_affluenza
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 30, 2013 7:32am | Report
In the competitive scene I would really like to see some more games with Treant Protector, who got picked a few times already: his Living Armor makes you able to tower dive at level 1; he also has a gamebreaking ultimate that stops magic immunity, an AoE nuke that works wonders in trilanes and a tower regen skill with almost no mana cost. I would defintely play him in aggressive trilanes more often.

Another underrated Hero is Lich: I usually don't play him since he's a super easy Hero, but in a teamfight-oriented team (especially when the enemies have one big carry who needs farm) his Chain Frost and Ice Armor grant a lot of advantage. Plus, in aggressive trilanes he can deal a huge amount of nuke damage and deny his own creeps.

In pubs I just never see some OP Heroes like Batrider and a hard carry Gyrocopter, but it's ok I guess: nobody wants to play against them.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » April 30, 2013 4:40pm | Report
i just assume this is for pubs, so my opinion about underrated heroes (at least in my bracket)

Dark Seer - every one of his spells annoys the enemy team and contributes to yours.
Kunkka - very good lane control and powerful spells (if well placed]
Night Stalker - general good ganker. Aganims on him is so underrated IMO (again - in pubs).
and any sort of pusher - people in pubs usually have a hard time to recover when the enemy has an early advantage --> Death Prophet , Venomancer and Undying

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » May 1, 2013 9:14am | Report
Wow, I appreciate the huge response! I'm still going through and trying out a lot of these, thanks for all the suggestions!

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » May 2, 2013 11:33am | Report
More Riki!!!!

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pu12e » May 2, 2013 11:35am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Not everyone builds Black King Bar on her, especially in public matches.

Death Prophet and Luna are HUGE!

Pu12e

Notable (11)
Steam: Pu12e
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved