Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Heroes that deserve to be played more?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Heroes that deserve to be played more? 30 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » April 23, 2013 7:39am | Report
Follow the competitive scene, watch the big teams play, try to learn from them, examine their picks and moves, be creative, maybe create your own play style :).
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 23, 2013 9:08am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

Follow the competitive scene, watch the big teams play, try to learn from them, examine their picks and moves, be creative, maybe create your own play style :).

What is the competitive scene? I only know of Na'Vi and iG, and only secondhand at that.

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » April 23, 2013 9:15am | Report
Crazy Tom wrote:

What is the competitive scene? I only know of Na'Vi and iG, and only secondhand at that.

Well, talking about teams that play in tournaments. Well-known teams, there are many of them!

Don't you follow Tobi Wan's stream channel?

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 23, 2013 9:18am | Report
I don't know much of anything about the dota community. I've seen a few of Purge's guide videos and some of Pyrion Flax's as well, but that's about it. So no, I'm not following Tobi Wan. :p

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyStormSpectre » April 23, 2013 9:28am | Report
Try following the articles on joindota.com
You'll find Tobiwan's stream there too. It really is a great way to improve by watching pro games.

SkyStormSpectre

Remarkable (22)
Steam: 5K|SkyyStørm
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » April 23, 2013 9:29am | Report
Also, to see any games you've missed so far, you can find joinDOTA's youtube channel where every match is uploaded.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » April 23, 2013 9:41am | Report
Cool, thanks you guys!

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Charnel_Pawn » April 25, 2013 12:31pm | Report
Death Prophet is seriously under-rated but she is an extremely strong pusher and damage dealer.

Charnel_Pawn

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » April 25, 2013 12:33pm | Report
Charnel_Pawn wrote:

Death Prophet is seriously under-rated but she is an extremely strong pusher and damage dealer.

If people focus her, she's useless. That's what mistake people in public matches do, they just run of her and her ultimate instead of focusing her down.

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 25, 2013 1:02pm | Report
Hades4u wrote:

If people focus her, she's useless. That's what mistake people in public matches do, they just run of her and her ultimate instead of focusing her down.

How can you focus down a BKB'd Death Prophet,asuming that you are playing in pubs?It might even be hard to focus her down in freaking competitive.Asuming that you can coutner both kind of damage sources,except Doom(universal damage),her innate tankyness might just get her out of bad situations not to mention witchcraft.

Then again,if you blow all your dissables on her,you will lose the teamfight,to the point where you have no more disables to throw on their main carry.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved