Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hero Discussion: Templar Assassin

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Hero Discussion: Templar Assassin 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 25, 2015 3:41pm | Report
Welcome back guys!

Discussion Guidelines

Item build:

Start: Iron Branch x2, Tango (Shared) x2

Early: Bottle >> Boots of Speed >> Phase Boots >> Bracer

Mid: Drum of Endurance >> Situational 1 >> Blink Dagger >> Black King Bar

Late: Desolator >> Daedalus >> Situational 2

Situational 1: Yasha, Urn of Shadows
Situational 2: Butterfly, Monkey King Bar, Manta Style, 2nd Daedalus, Eye of Skadi

Skill Build:

I think it's pretty obvious - max Refraction first.

One point in Meld at two, one point in Psi Blades at 4.

Max Meld second, get ult at 6, 14, and 16.

Playstyle:

Hybrid between playmaker-mid and farming-mid, depending on match-up.

#2 role.

Favourite sets: (bonus!)

Onyx Lotus (I have this one)
Hidden Flower (I want this one)

Cheers!
TheSofa

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 26, 2015 2:37pm | Report
Hm... no one likes TA? Or... no one likes me...?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 26, 2015 3:39pm | Report
Actually the standard build is refraction at 1, psi blades at 2, meld at 4, take ult at 6, max refraction on 7 then max meld, and then either keep taking ult when possible or delaying it a bit for more points in psi blades.

Personally i still really like the playmaking blink build, and kinda dislike builds that skip or get a late blink, and i dont like yasha that much, but i guess it has its place in a slow farming game.
Drums is good, fits the sort of hero with low stats that wants to fight often like TA and ember.

Phase if you need the laning power or the active, treads if you dont need more laning damage or if the game is slow paced. Most of the games phase though, but treads has its place on her.

Deso mostly as early damage item, but skip it against evasion and get MKB instead.
BKB almost core, since she is short ranged and wants to be in the middle of the fight.

Butterfly, deadalus, manta, satanic, as lategame items. I guess skadi can also be good but i havent tried it.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 26, 2015 3:46pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Actually the standard build is refraction at 1, psi blades at 2, meld at 4, take ult at 6, max refraction on 7 then max meld, and then either keep taking ult when possible or delaying it a bit for more points in psi blades.

So... Q-E-Q-W instead of Q-W-Q-E.

That's fine, I'll try. (I do my way because I suck and I need the meld strike to last-hit.)

Timminatorr wrote:

Personally i still really like the playmaking blink build, and kinda dislike builds that skip or get a late blink, and i dont like yasha that much, but i guess it has its place in a slow farming game.
Drums is good, fits the sort of hero with low stats that wants to fight often like TA and ember.

Phase if you need the laning power or the active, treads if you dont need more laning damage or if the game is slow paced. Most of the games phase though, but treads has its place on her.

Deso mostly as early damage item, but skip it against evasion and get MKB instead.
BKB almost core, since she is short ranged and wants to be in the middle of the fight.

Butterfly, deadalus, manta, satanic, as lategame items. I guess skadi can also be good but i havent tried it.

Never tried Satanic. Any reasons to why you would recommend it over Deso? (It doesn't stack, right?)

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » March 26, 2015 3:57pm | Report
If you want to stomp pub get E at level 1, they can't get close to creep wave if you have good precision.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 26, 2015 4:39pm | Report
MrLocket wrote:

If you want to stomp pub get E at level 1, they can't get close to creep wave if you have good precision.

Eh... Don't want to push the wave... Maybe. Need Refraction for rune fights though.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 26, 2015 5:07pm | Report
TA has no set skillbuild. You always need at least 1 value point in every skill but besides this everything is situational.

If it's a matchup where you're not counterpicked maxing Refraction is fine. But if you're against something like Pudge or Ember Spirit then getting more than 2 points is Refraction is useless and maxing Meld at 7 or 8 is the only way to go.

Sometimes you need a second level in Psi Blades as well e.g against Pudge.

Skadi and Satanic are of course good on her if you're not going deso. Buy these items if you're going for the late game TA build, deso is for getting midgame kills.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » March 26, 2015 6:30pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

TA has no set skillbuild. You always need at least 1 value point in every skill but besides this everything is situational.

If it's a matchup where you're not counterpicked maxing Refraction is fine. But if you're against something like Pudge or Ember Spirit then getting more than 2 points is Refraction is useless and maxing Meld at 7 or 8 is the only way to go.

Sometimes you need a second level in Psi Blades as well e.g against Pudge.

Skadi and Satanic are of course good on her if you're not going deso. Buy these items if you're going for the late game TA build, deso is for getting midgame kills.

i would probably get more then one point early into refraction just because the damage and instances go up, but its a very good point, whenever a low armor hero like ember or pudge comes close you just meld strike a 1/4th of their HP.
pudge should be food either way though.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 26, 2015 6:36pm | Report
^ 2 value points in Refraction is IMO the best. 2/4/1/1 is I think the best build if you want to manfight damage over time heroes like Pudge or Viper. You need 2 points in Q just because 40 damage, but maxing it is only useful defensively, and you can only do that if you're not facing damage over time. Max Meld at 8 and you hit HARD.

Pudge...depends, if you manage to bait him into hooking you with Refraction on, he's food. But if he just walks into you with Rot turned on...you had better max Meld and hit hard otherwise he can burn your Refraction and hook you to finish you.
That's why I think a 2nd level in Psi Blades can be good so that you can harass him and CS outside of Rot range.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » March 26, 2015 6:52pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

^ 2 value points in Refraction is IMO the best. 2/4/1/1 is I think the best build if you want to manfight damage over time heroes like Pudge or Viper. You need 2 points in Q just because 40 damage, but maxing it is only useful defensively, and you can only do that if you're not facing damage over time. Max Meld at 8 and you hit HARD.

Pudge...depends, if you manage to bait him into hooking you with Refraction on, he's food. But if he just walks into you with Rot turned on...you had better max Meld and hit hard otherwise he can burn your Refraction and hook you to finish you.
That's why I think a 2nd level in Psi Blades can be good so that you can harass him and CS outside of Rot range.

Timminatorr wrote:

i would probably get more then one point early into refraction just because the damage and instances go up, but its a very good point, whenever a low armor hero like ember or pudge comes close you just meld strike a 1/4th of their HP.
pudge should be food either way though.

So what I'm getting is...

Maxing Refraction is purely defensive.
  • What about the damage and the ability to tower-dive?
Q-E-Q-W-W-R-W-W

is best when facing low-armour/bad laning heroes.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved