Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Freakin Ember

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Freakin Ember 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » April 6, 2014 8:27pm | Report
Had a decent start turn sour very fast, ranked AP chose Puck before time ran out, got lanes against Ember Spirit. Now I understand ASAP is fotm central, and I did fine early on, zoning him out, and managing to control the lane fairly well. He pushes the lane back and roams top, catches our jungling Axe and neuters him quickly. I respond by porting top to stem the gank, and 3 man coil, dude pops his shield his friends did and he ends up killing us. Just couldn't do enough damage, he maxed his shield first, ended up killing four heroes and rolled on.
I've been gone from dota for awhile in a rehab environment so I've missed out on this trend, is he a bit strong atm? At least his shield?
I successfully **** on another ember a few games later with Shadow Fiend, but I generally avoid playing the heroes I've played a million times. His shield blocks magic damage right? So other than Doom countering him, what mid lane heroes will legitimately beat him? I can see Invoker bullying him pretty well, possibly Magnus and Viper, any others? Slark maybe?
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by mastadoom » April 6, 2014 8:34pm | Report
Ember is probably a little too powerful and needs a nerf, but unless he rolled out a GREAT and im talking GREAT early-mid game, his late game potential falls off to other carries.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/596849089

Game i played as him, almost lost because i nerly got out carried by PL.

Embers larges weakness is moves with delay, or huge burst damage, this is because slight of fist leaves a think on the ground of where you will return to, so placeing a Torrent or a Split Earth can easily net you a kill.

mastadoom

Notable (7)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » April 6, 2014 9:13pm | Report
Ember is too easy to counter, just stack up on physical damage and 1 stun will do the job, example vengful spirit stun scream hit dead.
Ember is just a glass cannon and is in no way OP.
He will get outcarried easily. Just dont pick illusion heroes against him cause cleave hurts.
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » April 6, 2014 11:10pm | Report
also Silence abilities are the bane of his existence. Due to his auto attack not being that great.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 7, 2014 2:32am | Report
Shadow fiend is pretty good against him since ember cant manfight AT ALL. SF just stands his ground and puts out massive physical dps to kill him quickly.
Other than that Riki and Faceless Void can crush him under the cloud or chrono.

Embers big weakness is that he cant reliably carry, becouse he farms slowly and relies on his spells. He is kind of like mirana in that regard, and also has that weird period where his spells effectiveness wear off but he doesnt have enough items to destroy with sleight of fist.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » April 7, 2014 4:11am | Report
Thanks all for the input, probably just shellshocked me the first time I've seen him in over a month. I realized his armor is a huge weakness. Invoker and Shadow Fiend have served my well in those circumstances vs ember, but I did find a way to piss off an ember player. Just pick Lycan Shadow Shaman. Grip the ****er, howl, dead, kill 2 towers. Rinse lather repeat 😀
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » April 7, 2014 4:50pm | Report
Although he is definitely at his peak in mid game, don't count Ember out in lat game guys. Sleight of fist can be a ridiculous source of damage late game, like a low cool down omnislash but sometimes doing more damage.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » April 7, 2014 5:04pm | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

Although he is definitely at his peak in mid game, don't count Ember out in lat game guys. Sleight of fist can be a ridiculous source of damage late game, like a low cool down omnislash but sometimes doing more damage.

Especially if he's rocking Battlefury and a lot of damage items.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 8, 2014 7:26am | Report
R-Conqueror wrote:

Zerosaviour wrote:

Especially if he's rocking Battlefury and a lot of damage items.

Agreed, Crit Cleave with Armour Reduction hurts

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 8, 2014 6:44pm | Report
Ember Spirit with Daedalus 2x Battlefury Maelstrom Desolator ... rampaged a team we were fighting in 3 seconds ... insanity ... shut him down early and fast and he is useless ... let him farm and he does more damage then Omnislash every 5 seconds ...

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved