Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Do you think Zeus is OP?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Do you think Zeus is OP? 22 posts - page 2 of 3

Poll Question:

Zeus OP
Yes
Not really
No
I don't know/play Zeus
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 21, 2016 1:22pm | Report
Oh I love that conversation when it comes up, usually about Zeus and Pipe or with Omniknight and Diffusal.

Offlane Nyx Assassin: We will need Pipe. I can't get it because I need my Blink/Force/Dagon.
Mid Razor: I need to get my SnY and then AC, I can't afford to be slow with no slows.
Support Vengeful Spirit: (Points at Enemy Zeus and Sand King) Please, I'm scared.
Carry Dragon Knight: Just don't feed him and I'll carry you.
Support Venomancer: The key to not feeding both of them is the Pipe.

Or something like that.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 21, 2016 2:10pm | Report
What? Is this even Dota?

Offlane Nyx Assassin: Some1 get Pipe pls.
Mid Razor: Dk get Pipe idiot.
Support Vengeful Spirit: ****ing Razor 2 slots a 40 mins gg nice mid.
Carry Dragon Knight: Shut the **** up 3k pts trash.
Support Venomancer:
>Enemy Anti-Mage has > Battle Fury
>Enemy Anti-Mage has > Manta Style
>Enemy Anti-Mage has > Abyssal Blade
>Enemy Anti-Mage has > Butterfly
>Well Played!
>Well Played!
>Well Played!
>(All)Good Game, Well Played.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » January 21, 2016 2:21pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

What? Is this even Dota?

Offlane Nyx Assassin: Some1 get Pipe pls.
Mid Razor: Dk get Pipe idiot.
Support Vengeful Spirit: ****ing Razor 2 slots a 40 mins gg nice mid.
Carry Dragon Knight: Shut the **** up 3k pts trash.
Support Venomancer:
>Enemy Anti-Mage has > Battle Fury
>Enemy Anti-Mage has > Manta Style
>Enemy Anti-Mage has > Abyssal Blade
>Enemy Anti-Mage has > Butterfly
>Well Played!
>Well Played!
>Well Played!
>(All)Good Game, Well Played.

That's pretty accurate.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 21, 2016 2:21pm | Report
By the way, pub babyrage aside... Silver Edge really deserves a mention. Removes Zeus passive for 5 seconds = removes literally half his damage output with this alone. AND reduces his damage dealt by 40% on top of this. So hit Zeus with silver edge = cut down his damage to less than a third of its original value.

Anybody saying that you shouldn't buy Shadow Blade against Zeus should go back to Math 101.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 21, 2016 4:10pm | Report
The problem is getting to him in the first place. Sure, you kill him once, but he'll be spamming Lightning Bolt everywhere, and sitting quite far back with Force Staff and Aether Lens.

Cus SE is quite expensive, and you probably need one or two early game items first.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 21, 2016 4:18pm | Report
Not OP just strong. BKB makes you basically invincible to him for the duration. He relies completely on his spell damage, so silences are big too.
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CyniCal Entertainment » January 22, 2016 7:21am | Report
Interesting. In a more recent match, I got easily countered by a Templar Assassin, especially due to the silence. Zeus is only good with his skills, as his normal attack is super slow and weak. Thanks for all the feedback so far, will continue to play Zeus for now, since he's much easier to play while still retaining the power to gank easy with his low cost 2 and 1 abilities. Not to mention the super annoying (to everyone but Zeus) ulti. XD
I prefer him to hard carries like Morph and Drow, but Zeus seems to be early game carry, mid to late game semi-support. If prevented from getting levels early on, Zeus is hilariously weak. 600 hp? U mad bro?

CyniCal Entertainment

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » January 22, 2016 4:05pm | Report
Sometimes when someone instapicks Zeus I pick Viper go mid and ruin that Zeus' day.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 22, 2016 4:17pm | Report

I prefer him to hard carries like Morph and Drow, but Zeus seems to be early game carry, mid to late game semi-support. If prevented from getting levels early on, Zeus is hilariously weak. 600 hp? U mad bro?

>Hard carry
>Drow
>*eye spasms uncontrollably*

I'd be fine with Zeus if he wasn't such a damn good counter to Terrorblade. Seriously, you need like Skadi AND Satanic to be able to survive a teamfight against that guy.

Sigh... that's a personal gripe though. Hero is balanced, just good.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 22, 2016 10:56pm | Report
Yes, seriously if there's one thing I'd like to see fixed about Zeus it's Static Field damage to illusions. Seriously the way it works makes very little sense right now.

Field deals damage based on illusions' maximum HP (so the hero's maximum HP), but illusions take 3 to 4 times additional damage. So in practice they take 33% to 46% (for Terrorblade) of their maximum *effective* HP as damage.

This is pretty broken actually. Zeus can almost 2-shot illusions. If you ask me his passive should be reworked to be based on illusions' *effective* HP, not their maximum.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved