Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

BrewMaster The most complete character and build in the game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » BrewMaster The most complete character and build in the game 54 posts - page 2 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » June 20, 2013 1:05am | Report
DAGON - No!No!No!No!
MOM - No!No!No!No!No!No!
MULTIPLE DRUMS - No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!No!

JUST GET - Arcanes, (optional drums)Blink, Aghanims, Heart/AC, Refresher.
MAX ULTI DONT LEAVE IT AT 1
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 20, 2013 1:22am | Report
Why arcanes?I usually get Phase, Drums, Soul Ring (optional).

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 20, 2013 2:03am | Report
Kyfoid wrote:

1 point in his ulti cause it's not that great.

maybe 1 point in to his slam, but the slam is most effective with the shadow blade as a mass initiator.

Doesn't sound much like a good build...
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yasutsuna » June 20, 2013 2:36am | Report
Oh, God, here we are back to weird things of Kyfoid. Two boots? I believe we talked about that in one of your forum. Brewmaster is quite tanky as he is, so why Traquil Boots? Just grab a Soul Ring to solve his mana problems.

Shadow Blade, I can just ward you to kill you. You have no real survivability whatsoever and killing you will be easy enough. If people were to gank you in groups of three, possibly two of they have a good stunner, you'll be long dead.

If you want Mask of Madness, why not take Armlet of Mordiggian instead. I daresay his life will be enough to support this.

His ulti is good as ****, being able to disable and escape. So max it out first!

Yasutsuna
<Veteran>

Memorable (51)
Steam: Yasutsuna
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 20, 2013 3:23am | Report
lol you can imagine his reaction. He hates Soul Ring, so he's definitely not going to respond to that.

Actually, Shadow Blade would have been a slightly good thing so long as the scenario is that brew is the team's main carry.

And I don't have much to say for the MoM. Situational, but depending on the situation, it's really good. Armlet is more reliable though. Granted, he needs lifesteal to be safe - but I guess he's tanky enough? Don't play brew that much.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 20, 2013 4:11am | Report
thippo wrote:

but that's like saying you should have six branches as your final build; it's very efficient, but you should probably consider trading some of them for better items when you can.

I agree with the 6 branches comparison for efficiency.

People are criticizing me for trying to make meaningful use of mana in an all stat build but get this... the only way to really get your mana meaningfully spent off in the all stat approach is to harass it all away, but for a hero like brew-master whos only natural harassment method is drunken haze over 8 seconds, it becomes really hard for him to meaningfully spend off his mana...

But that's what you have to do to make meaning out of it... you can't just be in a battle and spend off a whole pool of mana so what do you do? Dagon? Shadowblade? Isn't the combination of dagon and drunken haze something that makes more sense?

Why can't he rush a shadow blade for team slam slaughter?

Anyways, this whole mana issue has opened my eyes to what may be the real way to play the game...

Someone mentioned soul ring so how about we go with that...

Imagine that you are playing as the dire in the upper right corner. You start with life regen ring and the recipe for soul ring. One of the two players who goes top that has an area of effect offensive skill ALSO gets life regen ring and the recipe for soul ring. You both finish your soul rings asap, and then the brewmaster grabs a t.p. from the bottom shop and teleports top. Now, both of you with your area of effect offense and soul rings go in to the jungle and do two man jungling, for cooperative arera of effect damage jungle slaughter.

Now you have 3 solo laners and 2 people jungling.

At this point, you have your center lane get a slight push advantage and then head to bottom lane since the two jungling can always rush over to top to save it. Your top laner is getting solo exp to the enemies center laner so it balances out.

Your center laner who went bottom grabs a T.P. and your top laner should also have a t.p. to be perpared to tele mid or bottom.

Then there you have it, the perfect start... the two players with the area offense skills are making the most meaningful use of their mana, and when I mean this is team jungling, I mean that you both will be so low level that you will need each other on individual neutral creeps, even if your guy is a jungler.

* But the two in the jungle is designed for players like brew who can't effectively harass their mana away very meaningfully, yet sill have an ability like an area of effect short range slam. These players are in dyer need of a shadow blade.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » June 20, 2013 4:24am | Report
Why would a person start with recipe and ring of regen.

Why would a person lane 2 nukers in the same lane and then jungle, instead of supporting their team.

And you can't/shouldn't generally get Shadow blade because there's a thing called blink dagger.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 20, 2013 4:35am | Report
Again with the thing about harassment, Kyfoid? Some heroes are made to harass, while others are not. Brewmaster can only deal damage at close range, and he relies on his high-cooldown ultimate to survive and destroy enemies. Therefor, giving him a long-ranged harassment skill would be overpowered, as with that he can fufil multiple roles at the same time very effectively.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 20, 2013 4:51am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

Again with the thing about harassment, Kyfoid? Some heroes are made to harass, while others are not. Brewmaster can only deal damage at close range, and he relies on his high-cooldown ultimate to survive and destroy enemies.

He doesn't need an escape so much as he does need to position himself in the enemy group and slam.

His ultimate is an escape because the moment you cast it you just make your blue warrior go invis, stun with your green, and then run away with your fire, then decide if you want to entire back in to the battle with the blue warrior by casting a tornado on someone, lol.

Anyways, try to focus on my key point which is in using slam effectively and meaningfully all the way through the beginning until something like blink dagger or shadow blade are got for both of these two characters.

Like Centaur and Brewmaster together both rushing soul ring and going in to the jungle, taking turns casting one area of effect damage on each group of neutral creeps. both of you focusing them down with natural attack afterwards... can't both make it to blink daggers or shadow blades with this approach?

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 20, 2013 5:00am | Report
I mean I guess he could use ulti from a distance and then go in with invisible blue guy and then cast tornado right before duration ends and then slam in natural form.... seems like that would be tough to coordinate for your teams invasion timing though....

Too bad there is no timer count down anywhere to show when to cast tornado at the last second and then slam in natural form?

Kyfoid

Notable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved