Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

BrewMaster The most complete character and build in the game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » BrewMaster The most complete character and build in the game 54 posts - page 3 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 20, 2013 5:03am | Report
Kyfoid wrote:

He doesn't need an escape so much as he does need to position himself in the enemy group and slam.

His ultimate is an escape because the moment you cast it you just make your blue warrior go invis, stun with your green, and then run away with your fire, then decide if you want to entire back in to the battle with the blue warrior by casting a tornado on someone, lol.

Anyways, try to focus on my key point which is in using slam effectively and meaningfully all the way through the beginning until something like blink dagger or shadow blade are got for both of these two characters.

Like Centaur and Brewmaster together both rushing soul ring and going in to the jungle, taking turns casting one area of effect damage on each group of neutral creeps. both of you focusing them down with natural attack afterwards... can't both make it to blink daggers or shadow blades with this approach?

You obviously don't understand Brewmaster's ultimate, Primal Split. Guess what? No matter what, the Brenaster will always appear at the Earth Spirit's location. They can just follow your (slow) Earth Spirit until you reappear and then kill you. The "escape skill" that you describe it is not an escape skill. You know what the Earth Spirit's stun is for? Holding them in position while you pound them with your other spirits. Guess what the burn damage on the Fire Spirit is for? Chasing enemies down. Do you understand what the Storm Spirit is for? Disabling enemies in teamfights, dealing damage from range and chasing with his Windwalk (which deals bonus damage when you attack out of invisibility, by the way). You're obviously compromising Brewmaster's best skill by only leveling to level 1, and using it to run away instead of fight. Try leveling his ultimate and learn how to micro his Spirits, then come back and tell me about this next-level build.

EDIT: Soul Ring... I don't approve of this as a Brewmaster player. His mana problems can easily solved with a bottle (like I mentioned before). If you want him to farm in the jungle coupled with a jungle partner, then you are prepared to play him as a support, and I don't approve of it. A Batrider is going to do 3 times as much in the jungle, ganks and teamfights as a support Brewmaster that only uses his ultimate for escaping.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 20, 2013 5:07am | Report
I disagree, you can cast ulti, turn and stun with earth spirt and then run, stun with blue and harass with fire.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 20, 2013 5:12am | Report
Kyfoid wrote:

I disagree, you can cast ulti, continue running with earth spirt and then stun/stornado 2 enemies to help your earth to get away.

Yes, the Spirits do have their utility in various situations, but why use the full-health spirits to run away instead of fight (assuming you have teammates backing you up and you are not severely outnumbered)? A Brewmaster can bring down 2 or even 3 heroes with his ultimate and end up with full health at the end. You're ruining the true effectiveness of Brewmaster by not leveling his ultimate.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 20, 2013 5:13am | Report
He does more damage in natural form then with his 3 damn spirits. THey are effing weak.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 20, 2013 5:21am | Report
Kyfoid wrote:

He does more damage in natural form then with his 3 damn spirits. THey are effing weak.

That's because you only level Primal Split to level 1. Their health and damage increases per level. Please don't make these kinds of ludicrous statements about Brewmaster's ultimate.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 20, 2013 5:33am | Report
And where does it say that their health and damage increase per level?

I'd be more open to believing that they get stronger with HIS level then the ********* you're apparently putting down.

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 20, 2013 5:38am | Report
Kyfoid wrote:

And where does it say that their health and damage increase per level?

I'd be more open to believing that they get stronger with HIS level then the ********* you're apparently putting down.

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Brewmaster

Read about the Primal Spirits. Apparently, I'm not spouting ******** after all. Your argument is the one that's ********.

EDIT: What I meant by level is the level of the SKILL, duh.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yoda » June 20, 2013 5:54am | Report
Why do you believe that a hero should make the best use of his mana pool? I mean just because Huskar is very mana independent that doesn't mean that i should pour all of my gold into items with actives just because I have the mana to sustain it (by buying dagons and MoM?)

If a hero is mana independent then why are you forcing him to deplete his mana? And if a hero is very mana heavy than why do you force him aswell to get active items, then go arcanes and dagon?
"Success is like being pregnant, everybody congratulates you, but nobody knows how many times you were f**ked."

Yoda

Notable (9)
Steam: useyourname1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » June 20, 2013 6:01am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Brewmaster

Read about the Primal Spirits. Apparently, I'm not spouting ******** after all. Your argument is the one that's ********.

EDIT: What I meant by level is the level of the SKILL, duh.

AGAIN, WHERE DOES IT SAY THEY GET DAMAGE AND SURVIVABILITY PER LEVEL? POINT OR QUOTE IT OUT!

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 20, 2013 6:01am | Report
Yoda wrote:

Why do you believe that a hero should make the best use of his mana pool? I mean just because Huskar is very mana independent that doesn't mean that i should pour all of my gold into items with actives just because I have the mana to sustain it (by buying dagons and MoM?)

If a hero is mana independent then why are you forcing him to deplete his mana? And if a hero is very mana heavy than why do you force him aswell to get active items, then go arcanes and dagon?

I agree with everything you just said. I think he has this OCD where he needs his health and mana values to be as close as possible for him to be happy, and a huge gap in both will not stop him from trying to mend it.

Hero Idea Archive

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved