Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Best DotA facepalms

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Best DotA facepalms 42 posts - page 2 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » August 14, 2014 9:11am | Report
As a usually support player, the worst is when other players pick heroes like Crystal Maiden or Rubik and you're like "ok, we have supports, i'll get carry then". So you end in in lane with them, and only at this point they say "Me? I'm not playing as support, I'm doing carry" and proceed to steal your farm -___- Now I've seen some very good mid Rubik, and it's true that some supports can be played as carry, but at least if you plan on playing carry with an hero usually considered support tell your team during pick phase...
(I've also seen a Crystal Maiden playing like a Nature Prophet, focusing on splitpushing with shadow blade...)

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 14, 2014 9:20am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Radiance has more than just one use - pushing. People get it on half of those heroes you mentioned there (ok, not at 33 minutes, but rushing it), for multiple reasons :

They just become decoys in early teamfights. Once a Radiance pops up in the game, the enemy team has to make a choice : Do I kill the guy that is burning my team to death 15 minutes in, that has close to 1k HP + who knows what other ways to get more EHP ( Aphotic Shield, Bristleback, blood bath, etc). Or do I just kill their main carry that deals damage anyway? It's a hard choice to make 15 mins into the game.

This is why Radiance on Terrorblade is a poor choice, but Radiance on let's say Centaur Warrunner or Bristleback is really strong.

I agree that Radiance is a good item on Bristle or centaur IF you can get it early. But since when can a solo offlaner get a 15-minute radiance? I need to play more offlane Spectre if that's the case :)
If you get an early radiance on any tanky hero indeed it's a good item in teamfights, but to my knowledge doom bringer and Lone Druid are the only examples of heroes who can get the radiance in a reasonable timeframe for this to be of any use. Or you need to play safe lane Bristle xD

Radiance on Bloodseeker is a horrible choice for another reason : I didn't say 33-minute radiance for nothing, he really can't get the radiance any time sooner. He needs at least a Yasha + Orb of Venom + Skull Basher, because otherwise, he just can't gank! You can't gank if you don't have a movement speed advantage and a bit of right-click, and you can't gank if you can't break TP scrolls. Gankers just don't rush 5K gold items that have nothing to do with the business of ganking.

Seagull wrote:

Pudge. Seriously, I just hate that hero

Spot on. Most boring, useless, and overpicked hero in the whole game. I really never saw the appeal of doing that lame hook-rot-dismember combo over and over again. Enemy team picking Pudge? Oh God not another of these Pudge games. Your team picking Pudge? Oh God I wish we had a mid.

Timminatorr wrote:

Battlefury juggernaut. IM SUCH A HARD CARRY.

Battlefury Jugg is perfectly legit, it gives lots of cleave in teamfights, and besides it gives Jugg infinite mana for his skills. In comparison drum Jugg can't even use his ult because he's constantly out of mana ^^

Krwiozerca wrote:

When people are randoming heroes in All Pick

And then they're not happy and they force their teammates to swap because they can't even play the hero :)

I saw once a 5K MMR game where an AM was going Midas rush with a Gloves of Haste + Tango starting item build. They weren't doing well early so his teammates told him to stop trolling.
He wasn't trolling :)

Krwiozerca wrote:

Any Sniper

Icefrog please remove this hero from the game or at least give him a full rework. He's just a ranged creep with no skills and an ult that's just about killstealing. This is lazy design if I ever saw any.

Add this one too :

- People who feed and flame their team to make themselves look good :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » August 14, 2014 10:14am | Report
So much sniper hate. Dude's a perfectly legit pick, the problem is below ~4k people have no idea how to play him. Don't pick him for his dps, pick him because he can win 90% of mid matchups and because shrapnel is one of the best slow-siege skills in the game.

Most of the stuff I see is pick-related. So many games lost because of jungle LC/NP picks.

People who pick heroes because they have the immortal. Especially Tinker.

Lastpick randoms. Randoming is fine, I do it a decent amount, but please do it early in the picking phase.

Pudge on my team. He loses almost every game I see him in. Enemy pudge pickers are fine.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 14, 2014 10:30am | Report

So much sniper hate. Dude's a perfectly legit pick, the problem is below ~4k people have no idea how to play him. Don't pick him for his dps, pick him because he can win 90% of mid matchups and because shrapnel is one of the best slow-siege skills in the game.

Most of the stuff I see is pick-related. So many games lost because of jungle LC/NP picks.

People who pick heroes because they have the immortal. Especially Tinker.

Lastpick randoms. Randoming is fine, I do it a decent amount, but please do it early in the picking phase.

Pudge on my team. He loses almost every game I see him in. Enemy pudge pickers are fine.

Actually he isnt, in higher ranked games you truly see his slow farming speed, lack of timing window and how hard he is punished by 90% of all heroes.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » August 14, 2014 11:52am | Report
People who pick tinker and then ask what the item actives mean.

Enemies who ignore my lane when I'm leshrac.

Enemies who ignore my lane when I'm pugna.

Brood ganking Axe :)

Lycan and Profit blocking their own camps.

People that ward in the rosh pit.

People who buy all the wards and never use them.

People who think smoke invis works like shadowblade.

People who build damage on tinker because they didn't hear the utility part of utility carry.

People who buy mask of madness on bounty hunter. Whyyyy singsing.

Jungling Invoker......

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 14, 2014 12:01pm | Report
Anything with a Blink Dagger makes Sniper unplayable.

Anything with a Smoke of Deceit counters Sniper mid. Honestly I've played my share of roaming level 3 Faceless Void to know how much of a free kill Sniper mid is :)

Sniper can't farm except by killstealing with his ult. Sniper is the worst comeback hero in the game, if he gets shut down in the first 10-15 minutes by early ganks it's GG for him.

Sniper/Drow ARE played at high MMR but only to go Blink Dagger + Mask of Madness, just to dance around and try to juke spells by good positioning, and go for a pure DPS build with no survivability. Just because it's fun.

I mean, at least Drow Ranger has some utility added to her. Drow has a 6-second AOE silence which is great for teamfights. She has a pushback to deal with gap closers. Drow can farm, and she can push down towers in seconds. Drow can gank well which Sniper can't. And Drow's precision aura has great synergy with ranged carries like Gyrocopter or Medusa. On the other hand, Sniper is just a big ranged creep with a killstealing ult and that's it.

IMO Sniper is just a badly designed hero who needs a full rework, a bit like the old Lifestealer got. He's not OP or underpowered, just badly thought-out. Personally I think he should be turned into an intelligence hero with burst damage, a sort of long-range version of Puck.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » August 14, 2014 2:04pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

IMO Sniper is just a badly designed hero who needs a full rework, a bit like the old Lifestealer got. He's not OP or underpowered, just badly thought-out. Personally I think he should be turned into an intelligence hero with burst damage, a sort of long-range version of Puck.

agreed, there is a lot of potential with the sniper theme.

cool long range spells, skillshot'ish spells.

not autoattacks and a single target nuke for an ult.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » August 14, 2014 5:01pm | Report
you know what ***** me off more then anything in the whole ******** game.

more then no wards

more then sniper insta pickers

more then people not buying dust

more then people not knowing how to lane

more then those games where you sit in silence for 50 minutes cause no one speaks english ON A ENGLISH SERVER

more then any other thing in doto

its this

CARRIES THAT CANT CARRY

if you pick spectre and then dont even know how to use your dagger

if you pick troll and build radiance

if you lock in "HARD CARRY SAFE LANE PLS" and then your on 10 ls for 20 minutes

if you cant even ******** PRIORITISE in team fights. you are doing some much damage do not ******** hit the axe with blade mail up hit SOMETHING!!! ANYTHING ELSE!!!

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/834635468

had to go carry es because i was the only one that was getting kills for 30 mins. then doom finally started playing but dazzle went troll and fed 4 times in a row ...i was solo offlane es ...in what world is solo offlane es even legit?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » August 14, 2014 8:05pm | Report
The most depressing things in this game are the things that happen way too often, like charging in one at a time into a team wipe, or trying to save one hero from 5 when you two are the only ones still alive. Also, when a person on your team gets cocky from a moderate advantage and starts getting picked off because they don't move as 5 for a solid 20 minutes, allowing the enemies to turn the game around.

Here are some random moments:

One time, on DotA 1, I was playing against a Techies who was getting a bunch of kills on my 4 melee allies, I picked a Solo Mid Lich and got a Necronomincon 3 and cleared all his mines on the middle lane, and he flamed me the entire time. I've never seen someone get so angry at being countered.

Or another time, There were 2 lanes of supercreeps in our base, and Abaddon went to go chase a Windranger halfway across the map, I helped for a bit (as Broodmother), then ran back to go defend the base. He kept running and then ran into a 4 man gank close to the radiant base. He had done this about 5-6 times in the game already. After he died, he typed in allchat "team?"; "gg team noob", then proceeded to Disconnect.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » August 14, 2014 11:25pm | Report
Oh I can't believe I forgot that one :

- Ganking a single enemy hero when the other 4 are missing. You asked for it :)

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved