Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

I'm done with guides here

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Support » I'm done with guides here 46 posts - page 5 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 2, 2012 3:40pm | Report
This thread makes me wonder if telling people that I am down-voting their guides is such a good idea...

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Steam: Work Pants
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by D3n1eD » July 3, 2012 12:51am | Report
^Lawl. I am sure if you downvote you have a good reason. People who dislike something usually have arguments why they did it,if they are not hating/trolling/trying to make thier guide better. If everybody said why they downvoted and what they didn't like, I belive no one would complain. Atleast I wouldn't. But I recive no negative feedback except that downvote,if anybody could point out what made them,we (i) could improve our guides and make it better. All in all, I didn't write a guide for myself, I worte it for the community trying to share my knowledge, and it is really good feeling when I know someone appreciated my work,and that I helped community.
Electric!

D3n1eD

Notable (5)
Steam: D3n1eD
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 3, 2012 1:05am | Report
D3n1eD wrote:

^Lawl. I am sure if you downvote you have a good reason. People who dislike something usually have arguments why they did it,if they are not hating/trolling/trying to make thier guide better. If everybody said why they downvoted and what they didn't like, I belive no one would complain. Atleast I wouldn't. But I recive no negative feedback except that downvote,if anybody could point out what made them,we (i) could improve our guides and make it better. All in all, I didn't write a guide for myself, I worte it for the community trying to share my knowledge, and it is really good feeling when I know someone appreciated my work,and that I helped community.

Just keep at it with this mindset, I have a good feeling that the quality of this site's community will improve in the coming months. Don't despair!

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » July 3, 2012 1:11am | Report
As we can see from the success of dotafires sister site mobafire(for LoL) once the game is completely released and there is a larger target community both the number of guides and community members will skyrocket.

This should lead to more feedback and ultimately higher quality guides and a larger, friendlier and more active dotafire community.

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 3, 2012 1:18am | Report
Quoted:

As we can see from the success of dotafires sister site mobafire(for LoL) once the game is completely released and there is a larger target community both the number of guides and community members will skyrocket.

This should lead to more feedback and ultimately higher quality guides and a larger, friendlier and more active dotafire community.

DotaFire does however face competition from the many existing DotA -> Dota 2 guide sites out there, including PlayDota. By comparison, MOBAFire sprung to existence much earlier in regards to LoL's lifespan with significantly fewer competitors (LeagueCraft, LoLPro, etc).

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Iratesniper » July 3, 2012 6:42am | Report
It really doesn't have fewer competitors, but some of the ones it does have are bigger and more popular in comparison.

Iratesniper

Notable (5)
Steam: Iratesniper

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved