Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dotafire And Its Updates

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Support » Dotafire And Its Updates 27 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » July 8, 2012 1:27am | Report
Rubick's release date fixed, and the rest of the sidebar boxes are changed to latest hero instead of popular.

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » July 26, 2012 11:23am | Report
I just came on these forums to rant the same thing. We have heroes that have been out for weeks and still are not in the new hero section. Naga Siren doesn't even have any ability information. This is very much problematic for me as I don't like to clutter guides with ability information that should be provided already. It's also hard for non-users to access heroes when they don't even have up-to-date icons, navigating the site is pretty easy for users, but non-user members struggle to learn.

I would nominate myself for a position to update the current info, if there was a position. =/

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » July 26, 2012 11:52am | Report
If you would be up for it, I can see about getting you an editor promotion. We could use another active one.

The hero images are all controlled by the admin's though, so we cannot really do anything about that.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » July 26, 2012 4:41pm | Report
I too would be interested in becoming an Editor if there is a spot available. I'd be more than happy to update stuff as it comes!

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Steam: Xenasis
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 26, 2012 5:10pm | Report
I would also be interested in any spot that I could take to help out the forum.

I like it as it is, anyway, but there's always space for improvement.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mowen » July 26, 2012 6:18pm | Report
You all seem to have been around for long enough, and we appreciate your interest in helping. So, editor'd! :D

I will also be making a point of keeping the database / news updated from now on. I will also be poking Matt incessantly if we need his help. :)

We really appreciate the devotion this community has shown already. You guys are clearly very passionate about both the game and this site, and we don't want you to think it goes unnoticed.

Mowen
<Production Coordinator>

Notable (17)
Steam: Mowen
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » July 26, 2012 7:00pm | Report
Thanks for volunteering guys will be good to have another couple of editors onside and thanks Mowen for the support :3

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » July 26, 2012 8:05pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

You all seem to have been around for long enough, and we appreciate your interest in helping. So, editor'd! :D

I will also be making a point of keeping the database / news updated from now on. I will also be poking Matt incessantly if we need his help. :)

We really appreciate the devotion this community has shown already. You guys are clearly very passionate about both the game and this site, and we don't want you to think it goes unnoticed.

Thanks Mowen! <3

Started getting to work on Nyx Assassin, I'll start the rest later/some other time, but it must be noted that his E was changed from Urna Swarm to Spiked Carapace in a previous DotA patch, and as such the name should be changed on the wiki - Editors do not have access to doing that!

Of course, images also need updating but I'm sure you guys will get to that in due course. I can handle the rest of the heroes when it comes to text, and I feel that's the more important part!

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Steam: Xenasis
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 27, 2012 4:55am | Report
Mowen wrote:

Thanks for promoting me, I'll do my best to help the forum. :)
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » July 30, 2012 8:59am | Report
I'd like to help out with the site, I pretty much visit everyday for quick looks and writing is what I like to do on my spare time. Also have a few guides up and some in development so I believe I'll be of good service!

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved