Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dotafire And Its Updates

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Support » Dotafire And Its Updates 27 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » August 11, 2012 6:32am | Report
Hey guys, I've spent some time now building up tools that will allow you to actually create new as well as rename existing heroes, skills and items, as well as upload and update their images right on the site. Up until now this is something that required direct access to the database and server, which meant I was the only one that could do it, and unfortunately I am spread incredibly thin between all of our sites at the moment (we're working on that as well!).

They are almost done, I just need to do some testing. Initially these tools will only be available to Mowen, so that she can test them and work with me to iron out any bugs. Once she has had some time with them to make sure they all work smoothly I will open them up to the Mods, Veterans and potentially further.

If this all works as planned, then we will have a number of people that can perform all of these updates and not just me, and they will happen MUCH, MUCH faster!!!

So look forward to that soon, within the next few days!

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 11, 2012 10:20am | Report
Matt wrote:

Hey guys, I've spent some time now building up tools that will allow you to actually create new as well as rename existing heroes, skills and items, as well as upload and update their images right on the site. Up until now this is something that required direct access to the database and server, which meant I was the only one that could do it, and unfortunately I am spread incredibly thin between all of our sites at the moment (we're working on that as well!).

They are almost done, I just need to do some testing. Initially these tools will only be available to Mowen, so that she can test them and work with me to iron out any bugs. Once she has had some time with them to make sure they all work smoothly I will open them up to the Mods, Veterans and potentially further.

If this all works as planned, then we will have a number of people that can perform all of these updates and not just me, and they will happen MUCH, MUCH faster!!!

Great news, thanks Matt! :)
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » August 11, 2012 11:04am | Report
Matt wrote:

Thanks a heap Matt this is exactly what we've been looking for, I can't wait for the update to hit.

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » August 11, 2012 11:53am | Report
Matt wrote:

Good work Matt, and thanks for your continuing upgrades!

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Steam: Xenasis
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » August 14, 2012 12:44am | Report
It's up! Mowen is going to start playing with it right away and help me to iron out any remaining issues. You should start to see the updates flowing some time tomorrow, and once everything is hammered out we will be able to keep things up to date MUCH more easily!

There were a number of other little fixes that went up with this, including a new member menu at the top right, check it out :) Let me know if you spot any issues!

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » August 14, 2012 1:29am | Report
Awesome! Thanks again Matt.

Edit: New user Panel, 'cog' or settings button hover: View button leads to blogs rather than your guides. Not sure if intended not intended, the blog button takes you to the blog so yeah just need a fix on the link and it all appears to be working fine. I much prefer this over the previous user panel :)

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 14, 2012 3:30am | Report
Matt wrote:

It's up! Mowen is going to start playing with it right away and help me to iron out any remaining issues. You should start to see the updates flowing some time tomorrow, and once everything is hammered out we will be able to keep things up to date MUCH more easily!

There were a number of other little fixes that went up with this, including a new member menu at the top right, check it out :) Let me know if you spot any issues!

Good job Matt, we appreciate your hard work for us :) Keep it up!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved