Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Dotafire And Its Updates

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Support » Dotafire And Its Updates 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » July 5, 2012 10:19am | Report
As of late, it has worried me that the latest hero is still said to be Brewmaster and most information is not updated.

Of course, I know that we cannot have Matt to slave away at updating it 100% of the time (as he clearly isn't a big DotA 2 fan), but also, it would be good if the data on the site is both relevant and updated, sometimes it does seem a bit sluggish. I don't expect this to happen whatsoever and it would be unreasonable to think so, in my opinion.

It would be good if somebody else would be passed a sub-rank (somewhat similar to the Editor rank of MOBAFire) and update the latest heroes, skill information, etc. Anything else, of course to solve this would be good too. It would be a shame if Dotafire faded out of relevance and also popularity just because it isn't really updated too frequently.

Absolutely any sort of input or possible solutions to this problem would be great. This is NOT a complaint, this is a potential advancement for the site that could/would improve its popularity with hopefully little to no more work for Matt.

Other stuff to note -
  • Naga Siren's picture is of Dirge
  • Enchantress' eyes are no longer dark around the edges
  • Lack of skill/stat gain information for all heroes not released (when in fact they are all out since they're from DotA)
  • Damage type missing from abilities (no indication Acid Spray/Edict etc are composite or that Brain Sap is Pure, for example)
  • "Popular DotA 2 Heroes" is statistically wrong as of now ( http://stats.dota2.be/herostats ), likely it's simply somebody's perception of popular ones, and also not really relevant anyway. Perhaps change it to a "Most recently released heroes"?

This probably sounds like a whine, and if it does I greatly apologise. I'd simply like to offer something that may benefit the site and its users!

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Steam: Xenasis
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » July 5, 2012 1:05pm | Report
It's not a whine, I agree. Dotafire is the slowest site to update and probably the most out of date as well. It takes weeks to see information on a request to update pictures and etc...

We need more people or ACTIVE people with access to updating this information and more importantly the visual aspect of the info.

Leech

Remarkable (25)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » July 5, 2012 6:57pm | Report
Hey guys, we hear you loud and clear. This update was terribly far behind, and still needs a couple more bits. I'm working on it, and I apologize for the delay, it was really too much.

We are working on a system to make sure these updates happen much more rapidly. I am updating the system to make it possible for others to do some of these updates that can normally only be done by me. We will also be assigning someone with the responsibility of making sure the updates happen as quickly as possible, so that when I am spread thin it doesn't get delayed.

I will update you guys some more on this soon :)

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by WorkPants » July 5, 2012 9:37pm | Report
Matt wrote:

Hey guys, we hear you loud and clear. This update was terribly far behind, and still needs a couple more bits. I'm working on it, and I apologize for the delay, it was really too much.

We are working on a system to make sure these updates happen much more rapidly. I am updating the system to make it possible for others to do some of these updates that can normally only be done by me. We will also be assigning someone with the responsibility of making sure the updates happen as quickly as possible, so that when I am spread thin it doesn't get delayed.

Great news, tell us what we can do to help out when you can.

WorkPants

Notable (7)
Steam: Work Pants
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sarcy » July 5, 2012 10:18pm | Report
^ This happy to help, I'm now back from hiatus :P

Sarcy

Remarkable (27)
Steam: Sarcyn_
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » July 6, 2012 1:30am | Report
Matt wrote:

I love you, Matt!

Glad it's in mind and I'm glad you're addressing it! I'm sure everyone appreciates it :)

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Matt » July 7, 2012 4:50am | Report
Just a little update. I've fixed a number of additional images now, let me know if you see anything else outdated!

I also converted the homepage box to show the newest heroes instead, the popular heroes was based on DOTAFire activity levels but that's not a great setup, this is better for now I agree.

More to come :)

Matt
<Administrator>

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Herbjoern » July 7, 2012 5:02am | Report
Rubick is not in newly released :)

Herbjoern

Notable (1)
Steam: Speak English-Win Game-Profit
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xenasis » July 7, 2012 6:02am | Report
Matt wrote:

Just a little update. I've fixed a number of additional images now, let me know if you see anything else outdated!

I also converted the homepage box to show the newest heroes instead, the popular heroes was based on DOTAFire activity levels but that's not a great setup, this is better for now I agree.

More to come :)

The newly added square looks good, and I'd argue a lot better! As has been pointed out previous, Rubick isn't in that square just yet!

Edit: Oh, and also on a guide's page, the square of heroes is still 'popular' rather than newesdt!

Thanks for the big update, the hero screen looks a lot more colourful and I know it wasn't quick and easy to do.

Again, much love Matt :)

Xenasis

Notable (11)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Leech » July 7, 2012 1:49pm | Report
Quoted:

Disruptor's abilities are still out of date. Keep the updates coming!

Leech

Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved