Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Outdated guides

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Outdated guides 24 posts - page 3 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Volpe » March 10, 2013 6:55pm | Report

I saw that video some time ago, but that "BOSS Guides" series is very confusing: telling a Venomancer to build a Vanguard and putting just one point of Split Earth on Leshrac is just ridiculous, Jugg's guide is the only one that actually works. Also, The Phase Boots + Drum of Endurance + Yasha build is the most common item set for a lot of Heroes in tournaments (see Gyrocopter, Luna, Shadow Fiend, Tiny, Bounty Hunter...).

if you want to use lesh stun as a chain stun, i think one point is enough since the duration is the same.

NINJA TEXT!

<---

Volpe

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 11, 2013 7:21am | Report
Volpe wrote:

if you want to use lesh stun as a chain stun, i think one point is enough since the duration is the same.

Leshrac doesn't have enough mana to use three different skills if not playing a farming role (which is unlikely) and players usually skip Pulse Nova and either Lightning Storm if they want to quickly destroy towers and have huge single-target damage, or Diabolic Edict if they need more teamfight capabilities (stun + lightning contributes a lot combined with ultimates like Reverse Polarity or Black Hole). Then proceed to put points either in the ultimate or in the third skill depending on their gold advantage (on the ultimate if they can get items to sustain their mana, the other skill if they can't).

Personally, in pubs I usually go for max Split Earth and Diabolic Edict, and then max out Lightning Storm and put stats until level 23.

Returning on topic, I might write a Tidehunter guide next week as I should have a lot of free time.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » March 11, 2013 7:24am | Report

I saw that video some time ago, but that "BOSS Guides" series is very confusing: telling a Venomancer to build a Vanguard and putting just one point of Split Earth on Leshrac is just ridiculous, Jugg's guide is the only one that actually works. Also, The Phase Boots + Drum of Endurance + Yasha build is the most common item set for a lot of Heroes in tournaments (see Gyrocopter, Luna, Shadow Fiend, Tiny, Bounty Hunter...).

I don't know about other people but years ago playing Dota on Garena my friends and I always played Venomancer with a Vanguard, and proceed to carry the early-mid game with Gale and Poison Sting. Then buy a Lothars Edge. But of course this is before Vanguard got nerfed.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 12, 2013 11:24am | Report
PeachFuzz wrote:

I don't know about other people but years ago playing Dota on Garena my friends and I always played Venomancer with a Vanguard, and proceed to carry the early-mid game with Gale and Poison Sting. Then buy a Lothars Edge. But of course this is before Vanguard got nerfed.

I understand you, but back in the days Venomancer was more a pushing semi-carry than a support. Nowadays there are better Heroes that can take his "old" place: that's why you usually see a Mekansm (which is arguably better than a Vanguard on ranged Heroes) or just boots and wards on him.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved