Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Outdated guides

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Outdated guides 24 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MR_1747 » March 5, 2013 7:59am | Report
I would definitely love to see an in-depth competitive build for Disruptor. He is such an underrated support hero. Glimpse and Kinetic Field is totally very powerful. In my opinion we need more guide on playing support heroes in a proper way; plus a viable one in the current metagame as well. Turning a support hero into carries build seems to rip my heart right now :D

MR_1747

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » March 5, 2013 8:01am | Report

It seems I was terribly wrong on Veno, now I keep finding updated guides except the top rated one, which has got a "torunament build" anyway. D:
For this reason, now I feel like we don't need a Venomancer guide anymore.

About the Io guide, if Nubtrains is already going to make a guide for him I'd rather write one about a different Hero.

@Wulfstan: I hadn't had enough time to read all the guide, that's why I asked about the item build. Anyway, I really think your guide (or any other hard support guide for him) should be the top rated one as the current "best" guide make people buy that useless 30-minutes Shadow Blade on Veno.

I'll ask him if he's up for it, last I knew he was doing the same thing, asking others what guide he should do next and I'm sure that Wisp was one of them. I'll get back to you on that when he gets online.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 5, 2013 8:09am | Report

@Wulfstan: I hadn't had enough time to read all the guide, that's why I asked about the item build. Anyway, I really think your guide (or any other hard support guide for him) should be the top rated one as the current "best" guide make people buy that useless 30-minutes Shadow Blade on Veno.

People love kills,not assists T_T

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 6, 2013 4:59am | Report
MR_1747 wrote:

I would definitely love to see an in-depth competitive build for Disruptor. He is such an underrated support hero. Glimpse and Kinetic Field is totally very powerful. In my opinion we need more guide on playing support heroes in a proper way; plus a viable one in the current metagame as well. Turning a support hero into carries build seems to rip my heart right now :D

I believe the top-rated guides already show the right item and skill build (both the pubbish max- Thunder Strike build and the competitive max- Glimpse one), and there's not much to talk about on him: he is a typical support that excels in teamfights even though he has an interesting ability.

I'd prefer to prioritize the Heroes currently used in tournaments, as said before: though Disruptor is a situational Hero (not like Bloodseeker or Huskar that are never picked), I think I can talk much more in-depth about, let's say, Bounty Hunter.

Wulfstan wrote:

People love kills,not assists T_T

That's so true: I think that about 80% of the pub Dota community doesn't understand the real meaning of "supporting": you do well if you let your carry get as much exp as possible and harass only if out of the exp range or if really needed (of course you have to buy Observer Wards and never steal creeps, but that's the basics I think).

For example, yesterday I played a match with Keeper of the Light assisting a Phantom Lancer against a solo melee Hero: I spent almost half of the laning phase using Illuminate on the enemy Medusa that was ancient farming, and when I was about level 4 PL was level 7-8. This is very satisfying for me, since the enemies had just reached level 6 (we outlaned their solo laner very easily). Most the majority of those pubbish supports, sadly, would have probably stayed in lane stealing experience and letting Medusa get all her items because "If you don't have gold or levels you are a noob" (or at least that's what I think people would tell to their supports).

Also, Venomancer has an ultimate that deals more damage over time than anything else, isn't it enough? You get 3-4 assists per teamfight, and even if you die you still get your reward.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Volpe » March 6, 2013 6:03am | Report
need a new good Tidehunter Guide.
all the good ones are outdated.

NINJA TEXT!

<---

Volpe

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MR_1747 » March 6, 2013 8:41am | Report
Volpe wrote:

I believe the top-rated guides already show the right item and skill build (both the pubbish max- Thunder Strike build and the competitive max- Glimpse one), and there's not much to talk about on him: he is a typical support that excels in teamfights even though he has an interesting ability.

I'd prefer to prioritize the Heroes currently used in tournaments, as said before: though Disruptor is a situational Hero (not like Bloodseeker or Huskar that are never picked), I think I can talk much more in-depth about, let's say, Bounty Hunter.

Oh I see. Very well then I guess you could write a guide on Bounty Hunter instead, since he is definitely one of the best off laner in the game right now alongside with Magnus and Clockwerk. Other than that, I wonder if laning Bounty Hunter on mid is viable? I mean with the early levels it will provide him with early Track hence more map control and killing potential.

MR_1747

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 6, 2013 9:39am | Report
MR_1747 wrote:

Oh I see. Very well then I guess you could write a guide on Bounty Hunter instead, since he is definitely one of the best off laner in the game right now alongside with Magnus and Clockwerk. Other than that, I wonder if laning Bounty Hunter on mid is viable? I mean with the early levels it will provide him with early Track hence more map control and killing potential.

I'd be happy to write a guide about Bounty Hunter, he is even the first Hero I've ever tried (but, as I wasn't doing very well with him, I decided to stick to supports for some matches); about a mid laner BH, I think it's viable but his skill arsenal is more suited for an off-lane: harass and last hits from a distance with Shuriken Toss, easy last-hits with Jinada and a Shadow Walk. The only problem in mid lane is that he's melee, so all the ranged Heroes can freely harass you and you can't do the same, but it's still better than in a dual/trilane.

Volpe wrote:

need a new good Tidehunter Guide.
all the good ones are outdated.

You're right: even if he's not picked anymore in the western scene I saw EG using him just some days ago. They used an interesting build too (especially that Bottle as starting item) and did a very good job against Team Liquid: I could possibly write a guide on him, depending on the preference of the other people.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Volpe » March 8, 2013 12:35am | Report
Quoted:

You're right: even if he's not picked anymore in the western scene I saw EG using him just some days ago. They used an interesting build too (especially that Bottle as starting item) and did a very good job against Team Liquid: I could possibly write a guide on him, depending on the preference of the other people.

Yeah that would help alot. ty :)

NINJA TEXT!

<---

Volpe

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Vorse » March 9, 2013 6:46am | Report

[*] Juggernaut - No semi-carry build with Phase Boots + Drum of Endurance + Yasha, though Swordz made a guide which shows a build that is more or less what I'm talking about.

There is a Youtube video with that exact build for Juggernaut.
Here's the Link

Vorse

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 9, 2013 1:34pm | Report
Vorse wrote:

There is a Youtube video with that exact build for Juggernaut.
Here's the Link

I saw that video some time ago, but that "BOSS Guides" series is very confusing: telling a Venomancer to build a Vanguard and putting just one point of Split Earth on Leshrac is just ridiculous, Jugg's guide is the only one that actually works. Also, The Phase Boots + Drum of Endurance + Yasha build is the most common item set for a lot of Heroes in tournaments (see Gyrocopter, Luna, Shadow Fiend, Tiny, Bounty Hunter...).

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved