Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Lone Druid - double inventory item, double confusion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Build & Guide Discussion » Lone Druid - double inventory item, double confusion 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AbsolF » July 17, 2013 9:27am | Report
Hello.
I'm interested in learning how to use Lone Druid, IMO it's rather easy to micro compared to Chen/Meepo (i'm just weird like that)

After checking his skill build, it's actually rather simple. His starting item is simple too. What i want to ask is what luxury item i should build, and who it goes to? Some guides just don't specify which item goes to who (though some are rather obvious, but some are confusing). Like Cuirass/Vlad on druid or bear? I know that wand/Tranquil goes to druid, and shield/axe/orb/Phase on bear, but where to go afterwards?

Also, is it a good idea to get basher on both druid and bear? Though the STR stats is kinda wasted on bear, so...

Last question, how high is the usual Druid income by late-game? So i can balance between getting expensive items and using all inventory slots.

Thank you.

EDIT: one more question, since Orb of Venom and Entangling Claws are both orb effect, doesn't that make Orb of Venom kinda useless after skill level 3 (hero level 5)?

AbsolF

Notable (14)
Steam: Seth Rosenwell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 19, 2013 3:21am | Report
Orb of Venom works at all time with Entangling Claws.If the Entangle doesn't proc, Orb of Venom will still slow the target.

Yes,basher on both is great.You usually get attack speed stuff and damage on the bear( Desolator, Mjollnir, Skull Basher-works on both) and defensive stuff on the druid( Vladmir's Offering, Assault Cuirass-this can also go on the bear, it gives more attack speed to him, but it can also be good on the druid, he benefits a lot from the armor).

Radiance is also gotten on the bear because he is usually tanker than the druid at the time you are getting it and he is faster, meaning that he can chase down enemies quite easily.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 19, 2013 5:01am | Report
Items for Lone Druid :

Tranquil Boots
Cloak / Poor Man's Shield
Vladmir's Offering

For the Lone Druid, you'll need only survivability items to stay in battle while your bear does the work.

Some really good items for the bear are :

Orb of Venom
Phase Boots
Radiance ( Get this only if you're free farming and you can get it fast ! )
Maelstrom
Assault Cuirass
Skull Basher
Black King Bar

If the game goes really late and the bear is fully geared.. you can start gearing up Lone Druid too.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AbsolF » July 19, 2013 5:54am | Report
Offensive on bear, defensive on druid. Got it, thanks.

AbsolF

Notable (14)
Steam: Seth Rosenwell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jaslam » July 19, 2013 6:35am | Report
Don't every try to full slot both heroes - you will never make it. A couple of core items, and you should have the power to push and win. a 12 slot druid is the strongest hero in the game in my opinion, but when the hell with that happen lol?

similar to radiance, if you can farm it fast enough - a Hand of Midas is a great item too..

jaslam

Remarkable (21)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved