Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Game]"Team" Drafting

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » [Game]"Team" Drafting 157 posts - page 3 of 16
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 30, 2014 10:42pm | Report
Dire pick: Clinkz

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 31, 2014 12:59am | Report
Radiant Final Ban: Elder Titan

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by L0bstz0r » January 31, 2014 3:14am | Report
Dire Final Ban: Death Prophet

L0bstz0r

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: L0bstz0r
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 31, 2014 4:15am | Report
Radiant final pick: Io.

The lanes and strategies I would use (under a spoiler so nobody has to follow my opinion):
Spoiler: Click to view

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » February 1, 2014 3:35am | Report
There arent that much offlaners left but i think an offlane/ emergency jungle Batrider could be really good in this scenario.
Dire wants more chaotic teamfights and this way they can deal better with prophet splitpush as well as grip the Io

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 1, 2014 5:38am | Report
Final draft layout:

Overall Thoughts

Why I drafted AA 3rd
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 1, 2014 6:09am | Report
With Radiant having such weak supports, and Dire having Supports with a great Lane Presence in Alchemist and Crystal Maiden, it makes more sense to me to go Aggressive Tri-Lane on Radiant's arses with something like a Viper and shut down the Luna before she can become a problem. What are Io and Ancient Apparition gonna do 3 vs 3 at lvl1? Also, as Timminator said Dire has very few options regarding Offlaners, further encouraging an Aggressive Tri-lane. The only way to counter it would be to Rotate Nature's Prophet or Clockwerk in for some Ganks, but that leaves a Puck or worse still, a Clinkz to Free Farm their Lane, not to mention, the Puck can easily Roam Bottom to make sure that Viper gets his needed Kills.

Since the Clinkz is gonna be caught out easily by the Clockwerk or the Global madness if he isn't careful, there isn't much hope for a Split-Push strategy for the Dire. While the Nature's Prophet has to be careful when Split-Pushing, he has 2 Global Ultimates for backup, meaning the Dire have to commit more to stop him from Split-Pushing, or face harsh retaliation.

Puck and Batrider give them some control in Teamfights, with Crystal Maiden and Alchemist, but Radiant have a lot more Damage from [[Eclipse, Wrath of Nature, and Ice Blast.

As for lanes, Luna and Nature's Prophet are going to have an easy time Farming their Lanes, so Dire will have to Rotate their Supports early to make sure it doesn't stay that way for long.

All in all, I'd say Radiant has the stronger Draft, but replace Batrider with Viper and Dire has the potential to end it in the Mid-Game by shutting down the Luna's Farm and taking Towers as fast as possible

P.S. Anyone can feel free to start the 2nd Draft or comment on the 1st one as they please...or both, just bear the rules in mind, and if you're not sure of the Drafting order, it's in the Opening Post ;{)

Next move: Radiant 1st Ban

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 1, 2014 8:48am | Report
Well, that could be Dire's best option, put Bat mid, Clinkz safe and aggressive tri. Still, I wouldn't write off that Radiant safe lane, with Luna's aura and Freezing Touch (450 damage at lvl 1) they're going to hit like a train from the get-go
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 1, 2014 9:13am | Report
Gotta love the Radiant draft, a really good global team (though it lacks one of the best teamfighters for global spells, i.e. Faceless Void) with snowballing potential in the mid game.

Nature's Prophet can easily get towers if not stopped, but that's why the Dire side has at least three heroes ( Clinkz, Puck, Batrider) that can pick him off. The Radiant team still has the late game advantage and can't be completely shut down in the mid game because of their global presence. If it wasn't for the extremely high number of gankers in the Dire side, I'd say the Radiant team had advantage through the whole game.

If someone missed the spoiler:

By the way, the Dire side can easily win the laning phase and, if Clinkz gets an Orchid when Luna isn't even close to finishing her BKB, they're gonna have some troubles turtling. Getting pickoffs on them, as said before, is also very difficult.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hunter0fShadows » February 1, 2014 10:05am | Report
Radiant 1st ban Timbersaw

Hunter0fShadows

Steam: Edgod3

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved