Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

[Game]"Team" Drafting

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » [Game]"Team" Drafting 157 posts - page 8 of 16
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 8, 2014 5:24am | Report
Radiant 4th ban: Bane.

And I thought Alchemist had completely fallen off after the patch.

BKvoiceover wrote:

Yeah after looking back on it I realize that the Templar Assassin choice was not the best. Picking her when dire had a Venomancer in the lineup with the slows and damage over time was just a detriment.

It still wasn't that bad though, she's more of a situational pick but synergizes very well with the other Heroes we picked. :D

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by HueHang » February 8, 2014 6:49am | Report
Dire 4th ban: Outworld Devourer

HueHang

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 9, 2014 2:17am | Report
Edit:nvm, turns out even the OP can get confused over Picking and Banning orders ._.

To get things back on track, I'm going to pick for Dire instead of Radiant this turn, thankfully it's at the point in the Draft where the Picking/Banning order just alternates between Radiant and Dire, so Radiant is next, then Dire again, etc. so hopefully this won't confuse anyone too much.

Dire 3rd Pick: Invoker

VS.
Outworld Devourer

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hunter0fShadows » February 9, 2014 8:21am | Report
Radiant 3rd pick Mirana

Hunter0fShadows

Steam: Edgod3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 9, 2014 8:24am | Report
Dire 4th pick: Lifestealer.
Why, why didn't you pick him after the Bane ban? It was so obvious! D:

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hunter0fShadows » February 9, 2014 8:55am | Report
knew I was forgetting someone! oops :P

Hunter0fShadows

Steam: Edgod3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » February 9, 2014 10:01am | Report
Well, let that be a lesson to you. After all that's what this thread is for, isn't it? :D

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Jamin » February 10, 2014 10:24am | Report
dire 4th pick: Pugna

Jamin

Steam: Jamin
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Jamin » February 10, 2014 11:43am | Report
Im also new to this so feel free to insult me

Jamin

Steam: Jamin
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » February 10, 2014 1:04pm | Report

Jamin wrote:

dire 4th pick: Pugna

Umm, there's already a Dire pick...
Jamin wrote:

Im also new to this so feel free to insult me

You're a ********! 8{D

Seriously though, feel free to take part, it's a game that's just for fun. If you want to get better at Drafting, then do lots of it. Try out the Drafting Website (I enjoy facing off against fellow DOTAFire members, there's smack talk in those Drafts <}3 ) and post some Drafts in the Draft Analysation Thread for some feedback.

One of the great things about Drafting is that even crazy Pick and Lineups can work, all you need to be good at Drafting is to be able to juggle around the various situations you'll face throughout a game in your head. Does it look like they're going to Push in the Early Game? Make sure you have Counter-Push, etc.

Once you get really good at it, you can plan out Picks in such a way that you can misdirect your opponent. Just recently, I had an opponent who 1st Picked an Outworld Devourer, so I 1st Picked Viper to setup an Agressive Tri-Lane. To him, it looked like I'd just made my Mid Pick, so he never even thoguht about banning the Razor I intended to stomp him with. Not only that, but he didn't realise that since he'd gone with a Mid who was obviously going to want to Farm his Lane, that the Viper was actually the start of my Aggresive Tri-lane, so I could walk all over his Safe Lane. Add the Early Kill potential of a Viper with Razor's Pushing potential, and I had a Lineup that could easily Snowball out of control winning the game at around 20:00-30:00.

As for the Pugna pick:-
Spoiler: Click to view

It's certainly a more interesting Pick than Lifestealer (sorry Peppo 8{3 ).

There are more ways to Counter a Lifestealer than Bane, and more Carries that hate Bane than just a Lifestealer

*hint* there's actually a Hero who can do both ;{)

Radiant 4th Pick: Shadow Demon

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved