Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forum Game: Counter that Hero

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Forum Game: Counter that Hero 153 posts - page 14 of 16
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » October 9, 2015 1:34am | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

1. After you post you must have at least one other person counter a hero before you can post another hero counter.
2. You are welcome to explain your choice and why it counters said hero.

Things that are not included in this thread: Teamfights.

It's a 1v1 thread. There is no "death ball" or "split push". It's literally one hero countering another.

If Pugna and Slardar duked it out with equal farm (Beyond level 6), slardar would win.

Edit: Slardar with blink does a LOT of damage. Forget the BKB, even. Blink/crush destroys most supports, and he can run them down. Again, outside of the discussion of this thread but I'm just offering my insight. Slardar doesn't need damage. He gets damage from his ult.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 9, 2015 1:40am | Report
Since when is dota a 1 v 1 game?
"countering" is all about playstyles, not direct fighting. You're not playing overthrow.

If you draft a Slardar into a Pugna/undying draft then it's a 20 minute GG no matter how well you play.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » October 9, 2015 1:53am | Report
I'm not playing overthrow... Nor am I playing DotA.

I am posting in a thread on a forum. Now... The topic of this thread is "Pick a hero that counters the hero posted above you."

Here is what the thread isn't about: Pugna/Undying combo. 20 minute GGs. Drafts. How well Earthshaker discourages 5 man pushing. Getting T3's pushed at the 20 minute mark (There are no towers in this thread).

I'm not trying to be mean, but you're missing the point of this thread.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFinalUnknownx » October 9, 2015 2:02am | Report
anti mage to counter pugna , blink breaks ulti , mana burn , good dps , not mana reliant ,

TheFinalUnknownx

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » October 9, 2015 2:13am | Report
Alchemist counters anti mage. No mana reliance, insane regen, insane attack speed, hits like a truck... AMs weakness is man fight. Something like an ursa, life stealer, slardar... Heavy physical DPS ruins him pretty badly.

For the sake of the thread though, I'll stick with alchemist as my main answer :)

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheFinalUnknownx » October 9, 2015 3:13am | Report
Ursa

TheFinalUnknownx

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » October 9, 2015 4:03am | Report
whoever is not in this game yet, take your pick.

Drow Ranger
Viper
Anti-Mage
Enchantress
Storm Spirit
Shadow Demon
Troll Warlord
Tinker - lets go with the master of 1v1, tinker can slowly poke ursa to death while making sure ursa can never hit him with Laser. by the time ursa gets a mkb, (should be after boots, lifesteal and blink most of the time), tinker should have a dagon and an e-blade to keep ursa down.
Winter Wyvern
Weaver
Wraith King

if you need any explanations for any of them just say which one, i'll try my best to explain

EDIT: ok, i think i did too much, so i chose a hero from my list, continue from there.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 9, 2015 4:53am | Report
Drow Ranger - Counters with Spectre.

Now there are two ultra hard counters to her, interested to see which one you choose...
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 9, 2015 5:01am | Report
Terrorblyat. Literaly the only reason to pick him in this patch :)

Or ResidentSleeper Siren.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 9, 2015 5:15am | Report
You guessed it!

And hey, I pick Terablade constantly. For... reasons.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved