Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Forum Game: Counter that Hero

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Forum Game: Counter that Hero 153 posts - page 13 of 16
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » October 8, 2015 5:54pm | Report
I'm Lich and I'm on my to steal yo farm (if your support doesn't beat me to it) and kill you in lane.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ab4ddon._.E43 » October 8, 2015 7:09pm | Report
Pugna
I am the Abaddon *****!!!

Ab4ddon._.E43

Notable (12)
Steam: Ab4ddon._.E43
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » October 8, 2015 8:38pm | Report
Slardar

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 8, 2015 10:22pm | Report

Wait what? How's Slardar good against Decrepify?

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » October 8, 2015 10:58pm | Report
maybe he's betting on decreptify not coming out fast enough, since pugna has dismal armor. still, pugna has a really good chance against slardar, not sure if it can be considered a counter.

but lets just continue with this, Sven, Warcry at max level completely nullifies a level 3 amplify damage

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » October 8, 2015 11:36pm | Report
For the sake of niceness I'm not going to say Winter Wyvern.

Instead I'm going with Troll Warlord.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » October 9, 2015 12:15am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Wait what? How's Slardar good against Decrepify?

Cuz it doesn't matter, Slardar can just tank the damage since decrep can only delay the inevitable. Pugna's ward doesn't do anything to Slardar, neither does his nuke or ult. Pugna is squishy and has no armor so the extra damage taken from the negative armor will rekt him.

Even with items, Slardar can just rush it like a bull and hammer Pugna down. Slardar scales better into the late game and is inherently strong in 1v1 fights due to his ult and natural bash. Even if Pugna tanks up with armor and hp, Amplify Damage will negate a majority of it while going the negative armor build. Also since Slardar has both a bash and a stun, it wouldn't matter if Pugna decrep himself since there is a 2.5s window which can be extend to a max 5s if stunned at the very last .1 second and potential lucky bashes. Pugna cannot kite either due to vision from amplify and sprint

vlads+deso+ac+pt+hot+sc or bkb is enough to deal with pugna in both teamfight and 1v1 situations

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » October 9, 2015 12:40am | Report
how about is Pugna deccreptifies Slardar and ultis him with an aghs lvl 3 ulti. always think both ways when you say counters, like the old sniper and pa. sniper headshot used to never miss so he effectively had a 70% chance of hitting pa compared to 50% for most heroes, but pa can also blink up to him. 2 way counters are not uncommon.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AngeloBangelo » October 9, 2015 12:56am | Report
Nubtrain wrote:

Cuz it doesn't matter, Slardar can just tank the damage since decrep can only delay the inevitable. Pugna's ward doesn't do anything to Slardar, neither does his nuke or ult. Pugna is squishy and has no armor so the extra damage taken from the negative armor will rekt him.

Even with items, Slardar can just rush it like a bull and hammer Pugna down. Slardar scales better into the late game and is inherently strong in 1v1 fights due to his ult and natural bash. Even if Pugna tanks up with armor and hp, Amplify Damage will negate a majority of it while going the negative armor build. Also since Slardar has both a bash and a stun, it wouldn't matter if Pugna decrep himself since there is a 2.5s window which can be extend to a max 5s if stunned at the very last .1 second and potential lucky bashes. Pugna cannot kite either due to vision from amplify and sprint

vlads+deso+ac+pt+hot+sc or bkb is enough to deal with pugna in both teamfight and 1v1 situations

Yeah, I have to agree with Nubtrain here. Decrepify doesn't counter Slardar, it only stalls Pugnas death. Pugnas ult is decent damage, but the strength of it is the huge range and the fact that it replenishes Pugnas health (And possibly mana). If Pugna has Aghs, it's safe to assume that Slardar has Armlet. Crush is 2.5 stun, and Decrep lasts for 3.5.

I would let pugna ult me while he's full HP and full mana (The damage isn't that scary, it's more about the sustain and making him hard to kill. When his HP is full it's not that much damage). Let's say that you and Pugna are both 11, with treads/armlet vs Arcane boots/aghs... Slardar removes way too much armor for Pugna to man fight him with ult. And remember that you're only essentially getting 1 second of your ult with decrep activated if he crushes. Past that, the fact that he has a built in bash is going to make it pretty tough for you to land consistent ults for long periods of time. And I mean... This is 1 item vs 1 item.

If you wanna get CRAZY with the theory craft and add another one... Slardar is a natural BKB carrier. That pretty much ruins Pugnas day. And if you want to get crazy... Like absolutely CRAZY with theory craft... Pugnas ult breaks when you lose vision. Slardar will never lose vision with ult up. Knowing where the enemy is gives you probably one of the largest advantages that you can gain in a game of DotA (This is assuming that there are trees someplace near this imaginary stand off, which to be fair is quite likely. DotA has many trees).

Overall: I'd have to say that Slardar doesn't just counter Pugna... He rekts him.

AngeloBangelo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (50)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 9, 2015 1:24am | Report
...Except that Slardar is pretty weak in teamfights and awful against deathball push which is what Pugna is all about.

Of course Slardar can kill Pugna is he's alone but Pugna is never alone, he's sitting with his team pushing your towers. So if he jumps Pugna he's probably signing his own death sentence. And by the time the Pugna push starts, there's no way slardar already has his BKB, or if he does he has straight blink/bkb with no damage item which makes him even more useless outside of being a walking blink stun.

Saying that Slardar counters Pugna is like saying that Riki counters Pugna, because there's nothing better than a hero with a silence and heavy physical damage to deal with a wizard with no armor, right? Well until you get your T3s pushed at the 20 minute mark and you just stand there looking like a scrub, that is.

For me the ability to solo kill Pugna is irrelevent, since he'll have no opportunity to do so anyways. The only thing that matters is the ability to stop the deathball from a very strong 5-man lineup, or the ability to beat Pugna in lane.

Personally I'd go with Earthshaker because he can interrupt channels from a huge range and discourages 5-man pushing just by being there. Especially since now he always gets a 15-minute blink thanks to OSFrog.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved