Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

When u must fight a counter pick heroes.

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » When u must fight a counter pick heroes. 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Rickk » August 31, 2015 4:34pm | Report
Hi guys,i'm rickk. I want to know about any tips when u face a counter pick heroes.I know that avoid pick is best but if it really a bad day so how u guys deal?

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1759661923

Me(WK support ',:/ ) n my friend(viper) play together,the enemy that i got counter pick is PL,It's lucky that we won that match. At start i let my friend got farm because WK can support n i wait for gain some lvl for ganking effectively n for my ultimate.

So how about u guys deal with counter pick heroes? awareness? item build or a plan in your head?

n sorry for my eng -.-

Rickk

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 31, 2015 5:55pm | Report
It depends on the hero and the situation.

Like the PL against WK; Well WK and Viper are really good aggresive hero early on, and PL needs time and space to come online. So simply abuse that advantage, shut the PL down and end the game early.

A lot of the time heroes act as mutual counters to each other, just with different timing windows, and it's about how you use your strong periods to your advantage and limit there's.

It's really hard to give general advice on that tbh unless you want it for just that specific situation.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 1, 2015 9:48am | Report
I agree with Sanvitch. It is really hard to answer this question in general, it is very dependent on the heroes in question. Most of the times you counter them with the timing window's approach, but also in general you can just take specific precautions, or you buy specific items.

Let's say, for instance, that you're a Riki in a Bristleback game; you can ask someone adequate to purchase a Silver Edge and you gank Bristle together; or Crystal Maiden, a hero that I know more personally, is picked into a line-up with lots of burst damage which easily one-shots her - you build up more Strenght, be very careful with your position and only show up when the nukes have been used, or/and you buy Black King Bar. Or another example: you're a ganker like Slark and they pick a Techies, which bombs their entire jungle and paths. You cannot play as you normally would, instead you should join your teammates, get some form of vision and take objectives as 5, because it will be harder for the enemy team to fight you 4v5. And so on.

I don't know if this is possible or recommendable at all, but can you buy a Battle Fury as a WK to deal with PL?

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » September 1, 2015 10:45am | Report
Yes you can, i have done that once and it worked. however, i feel that a mjolnir is better overall for fighting pl, simply because pl's illusions can proc lightning when you use mjo's active on yourself. With so many illusions attacking, pl will just end up destroying himself before he knows it. If mana burn is your issue, buy a bkb, and activate it when he focuses you.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 1, 2015 11:13am | Report
Oooohhh Mjollnir! Nice.

There you have it Rickk, some ways to counter your counter :)

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 1, 2015 2:16pm | Report
Ways to counter your counter? But what if there are ways to counter your counter to counter their counter?

Like, as a Bat, they have Razor passive to counter me. But I bought a force staff to counter that. So Razor bought a Hex to counter that.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » September 1, 2015 2:30pm | Report
Then bat got a bkb to countet that.

This is fun, continue the train?

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 1, 2015 2:35pm | Report
Since when does Bat buy BKBs?

We then you could say Bat got a Linkens.

And then Razor bought a dagon to counter that. :D

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 1, 2015 2:45pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Since when does Bat buy BKBs?

since always.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 1, 2015 2:46pm | Report
And then you bought a Glimmer Cape, since "it's so op omg", and then you've won the game AHAH :D

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved