Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

PLS:Help me some guys still think Scythe of Vyse is not legit on any hero

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » PLS:Help me some guys still think Scythe of Vyse is not legit on any hero 39 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 4, 2015 12:57pm | Report
michimatsch wrote:

Your comments leave me wondering. Although I understand that some carries don't want it and some supports need other items the Lion part makes me wonder.
He is my favorite hero and my usual progression is Tranquill Boots> Force Staff>
situational: Glimmer Cape; Blink Dagger; Scythe of Vyse
I always get the scythe if i feel like I will have the money soon. And it never felt like a bad choice.
Is it or is it not?

Tranquil Boots -> Blink Dagger -> Force Staff/ Ghost Scepter/ Glimmer Cape -> Scythe of Vyse is just fine.

The only real issue with Sheepstick is that it's hard for Lion to Farm it. If the game goes past 60 minutes though, you should have no problems getting it.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 4, 2015 2:07pm | Report
ChiChi wrote:

This. 'Nough said. So the real question is why your teammate thinks Glimmer Cape is better, since we all can start saying heroes with which in the late game would be very stupid to have one ( Medusa, Anti-Mage, etc. - imagine them with the Hex, and it is not as stupid)

Scythe of Vyse on Medusa is legit.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 4, 2015 2:27pm | Report
I'm afraid I wasn't very clear - I meant Hex was legit even on heroes like Dusa, Glimmer Cape isn't. So I do agree with you Sofa.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » September 4, 2015 2:38pm | Report
Ah.

English is not my first language, pardon me.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 4, 2015 2:47pm | Report
No need for pardons :) English is not my first language either.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » September 4, 2015 3:31pm | Report
I will barge into this conversation and will just say this: There is literally no hero in this game that could NOT benefit from having an extra disable at their disposal.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » September 4, 2015 4:33pm | Report
All this stuff about item being useful and beneficial applies to every item to an extent, and yes, there is no hero who could not benefit from a Hex that is free and does not take up an item slot. But it does.

I would never get Vyse on:

Anti-Mage, because Abyssal Blade is always better.
Chaos Knight because he doesn't have enough farming speed to afford wasting that much gold on an item that gives almost nothing to his illusions.
Dragon Knight because hero lacks damage desperately and this is -1 slot for a lategame DK. And he already has an instant stun.
Ember Spirit for the same reasons as DK plus this hero deals sustained AOE damage and this is the worst type of heroes to get Vyse on.
Faceless Void in 6.84 because in 6.84 a special Aghs-Vyse-Refresher pervert offlane Void is even more deader that a regular offlane Void.
Juggernaut because Abyssal is better.
Legion Commander because Abyssal is better.
Lycan because he fights towers.
Phantom Assassin because Abyssal is better.
Riki because Abyssal is better.
Slark because Abyssal is better.
Sniper because he attacks from the distance greater than Hex can be used from.
Spectre because she is a sustained AOE damage her with 0 burst.

And there is a whole bunch of heroes who can use Vyse in maybe once in 500 games if not rarer. Since passive breaking stuff cancel it is not an amazing item at all, pretty ordinary.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » September 4, 2015 5:58pm | Report
Oddly, I'm on Dimonychan's side on this particular issue.

The item is no longer some godsend and always the late game answer, there's more options now than ever, like Octarines and Abyssals. Lotus Orb introduced a chargeless purge against it, unless of course no one here respects their enemies enough and will just assume they will never buy it. Icefrog nerfs this item because he doesn't want you to buy it on everyone. The game changes. There are heroes with item slot needs. Heroes with need for different stats.

Didn't expect such a slavish devotion towards an iconic item based on some outdated creed.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » September 4, 2015 6:22pm | Report
Nobody's said that it's legit on every hero in most situations. We've just said; It's a 3.5s disable, that's justifiable on any hero when the situation calls for it. Just because it's more situational on some heroes, or Abyssal is usually better on some heroes doesn't mean that it's still not justifiable when these specific situations arise.

And yes, the item is no longer as good as it used to be, but the item was good because of the absence of purges, or disabling passives, but because it was a 3.5s instant disable. The very core of that is unchanged, which means the item is still solid. Weaker, but solid none the less.

EDIT; Eloquent it may have been, but insulting us because we have a shared opinion was in bad taste.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » September 4, 2015 6:25pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

I will barge into this conversation and will just say this: There is literally no hero in this game that could NOT benefit from having an extra disable at their disposal.

This, is the entire thread in a nutshell.

Sheep is a luxury pickup on pretty much ANY hero if you have the item slot and can afford it.

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved