Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Making The Game More Fun

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Making The Game More Fun 22 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Contractual » March 16, 2013 5:28pm | Report
Recently I have been quite bored while playing DotA2. The game seems to repeat the same thing over and over again with no real changing variables. The same 2 styles are always played:Four Protect One or Five Man DotA. I myself play the hard carry position on my team. I've been bored to death. I tried switching over and playing the solo mid position. Still bored to death. Each hero is such an extreme bore to play,because nothing is REALLY that difficult about the game. I'm not saying it's all easy,because it's not. What I am saying is that for the most part, the game isn't nearly as hard as WoW or Guild Wars 2 at the moment. One thing about successful video games,that I have noticed is that they are perfectly balanced, they have the perfect amount of difficulty to them. They are hard enough that you won't perfect anything before a new update,but easy enough that you will get close. Right now, I feel like DotA2 just isn't like that.. What I want to know is this: What are your thoughts on the current state of the game and what can be done to make it even more interesting.

Side Note: I'm not claiming that WoW or Guild Wars 2 are more fun than DotA2 for everyone, nor am I stating that they are in the same category/game type as DotA2. I'm using these games as examples,because I myself prefer the Arena of WoW or the Pvp of Guild Wars 2 over the 5v5 of DotA 2.
Sorry for the book I just wrote you all, don't hate me for referencing WoW or GW2 please! :)

Contractual

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » March 17, 2013 2:10am | Report
Releasing the map maker finally,I want footies with DK's all over,please.

On a side note,I'd rather see more events.Its just dota,you can't ask for more.They need to feed it,to nurture it until it grows.There is nothing to change,the problem might be that you need to spice up things.Try playing heroes that you don't play as often/try playing support.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » March 17, 2013 2:32am | Report
Sometimes I get bored like you do, and I have a perfect solution for this: trolling lanes. As soon as you get 1-4 friends to play you can try, for example, to carry with Treant Protector and support with Sniper (which I did, and it was pretty fun too :D).
I tried a Rubick- Invoker dual lane once, with a farming Rubick: the enemies were so confused that Telekinesis plus Cold Snap always led to free kills for us.

Otherwise, you can try usual Heroes with different skill builds: Batrider with Shadow Blade, Ogre Magi with Battle Fury, Riki with Radiance, Lich with Blink Dagger... It looks fun, doesn't it? Just don't do that if you're playing with Russians or people that want a "serious" match.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » March 17, 2013 3:03am | Report
Play other games, come back to it when you want, you're probably burnt out playing it. Do something else, drink more water when you play or try out other games that you can play with your friends, whether it's sports or esports :)

I personally want some Pudge Wars or Shadowraze Wars etc to change things up. It might split the playerbase of a single more a tiny bit but it'll help change up the way people feel about player DOTA2.

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » March 17, 2013 8:19am | Report
I think the game is fine. The game isn't "one difficulty". You get better, and as you do, you move into a higher skill bracket and face more skilled opponents. Also, no game feels the same to me. With 90+ heroes in the pool, there's an endless combination of teams on both sides, and since the meta game isn't set in stone like in League, you can see trilanes, a jungle, duo mid, roamers, etc.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » March 17, 2013 8:47am | Report
Sounds like you need a change in role/hero - hard carry does basically involve hitting creeps for 90% of the game, avoiding the occasional gank and just hoping your team can hold on until you get big enough to win it for them. If you think it's too easy, pickup some skill shot heroes, initiators or crazy gankers to mix things up.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Contractual » March 17, 2013 10:42am | Report
I have tried playing supports. I'm WAY too aggressive to play them. I always end up with the wrong positioning. I myself am super competitive, I hate losing. I do of course troll and do insane lane comps or play weird comps like 5 carries or 5 initiators. I've also played games where my team and I got so bored we just left the long lane with nobody in it and had them free farm just so we could later come back due to getting like 3 or so rapiers. Atlas, I disagree with you about there being a huge amount of team compositions. The game has a set meta after every patch. Sure, the patch changes it,but until the next one it's pretty much the same.

Side Note: I've been playing WoW for around 6 years now and skillshots are extremely easy for me. People are predictable.

Contractual

Notable (3)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PeachFuzz » March 17, 2013 12:15pm | Report
If you are a competitive person who finds no challenge in Dota2, then play CM and AR. Both should bring you the most competition and chalenge in completely different ways. Find a team and Team Matchmake if you're interested in competing, or try mastering all 90 heroes in AR.

If all you're doing is queuing AP/SD/RD/LP and picking carries, I don't doubt that you're bored.

PeachFuzz

Notable (11)
Steam: PeachFuzz
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bossfight » March 17, 2013 1:13pm | Report
Yeah, saying that you're bored of the game, then going on to explain that all you do is play carry and solo mid is pretty hilarious. Learn to play the other roles of the game. Seems like you never got over the puppy love noob stage where you like to pick heros that can rack up as many kills as possible.

Bossfight

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Contractual » March 17, 2013 7:54pm | Report
Haha,no, Bossfight. No worries. I can play the other types of heroes and I understand their roles. My problem when playing them is that I'm not as successful and due to this my team doesn't do as well. I get caught out more often because I don't have the escape mechanism I'm used to having. Trust me, I know I would be nothing without my supports haha.

Contractual

Notable (3)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved