Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How can i avoid russians?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How can i avoid russians? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by AdamoA » December 19, 2012 2:34am | Report
Dear community!

I am a new member of the Dota scene... and I am cursed. I am sure!
At the beginning I really enjoy the game... but for a while now I cannot even look at it.
And why? Because almost 30 games in row I had to play with people who cannot speak english... doesnt check the minimap... plays rambo in the enemy jungle, attack 3 bigger heroes alone, doesnt know what teamplay is... die die die... and always call you moob (not noob because he doesnt even know how to spell it) because you dont help him against 5. Of cource 2 of your teammates already find their end in the enemy territory (alone) and WE NEED A REVENGE!!! (and die)

I am not good in dota... but my first thing was to come here. Read guides, check replays, watch matches and if there was a better player I took his advice. If everybody pick carry I choose a support and place wards, write ss, ping if I see the middle guy plans to gank... but its useless and I am the ***** because I dont kill them with my pure damage as a dazzle.

I got really tired in the last three days :(

HELP!?

Sincerely, one of your lost nephew!
AdamoA

AdamoA

Notable (1)
Steam: AdamoA
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wilddeonpwn » December 19, 2012 2:37am | Report
Don't search where Russians hang out...nearly everywhere..

wilddeonpwn

Established (102)
Steam: wilddeonpwn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by zoglug » December 19, 2012 3:22am | Report
Easiest way......try to find people to team with! I got annoyed in the summer when i first started playing for the very same reasons and have recently come back. I am currently in the process of building up a friends list of players i can team with, to reduce the number of randoms i am teamed with, as i have had problems too of rage quitters, playing with idiots, being reported for being bad at the game!

I am a complete beginner at the game too. I have played about 40 or so games in total. Feel free to add me on steam if you wish to play a game or two. Account name is Zoglug, im based in the UK and play a game or two most evenings.

Cheers

Zog

zoglug

Steam: zoglug
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » December 19, 2012 3:34am | Report
Playing on US east/west will help solve this, and of course, playing in a party of 5.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 19, 2012 3:39am | Report
Unfortunately bad team mates is something that can happen to any of us, at any time. To be fair to Russians, they do seem to pop up everywhere, but occasionally you get some nice ones, and they certainly dont have a monopoly on being "report-fodder".

It can be extremely irritating if you have a run of team mates who's opening conversational gambit is rascist abuse, insist on playing Rambo support or are just generally clueless...all you can really do is report and think of all the fun games you've had with nice team mates. And like people have suggested, add friends if you do meet any nice people (generally they're happy to find others like them too).

Hell I'd rather lose with a nice team than win with a bunch of d***s
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 19, 2012 3:44am | Report
The single solution is to play with friends, Russians are everywhere, it's a known issue and Valve is trying to fix it.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SuperNova » December 19, 2012 6:46am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

The single solution is to play with friends, Russians are everywhere, it's a known issue and Valve is trying to fix it.

really? first i have heard of it. i hope you're not joking.

SuperNova

Notable (16)
Steam: BaconBorn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheMikester » December 20, 2012 9:55am | Report
Hey man
I'm also new to Dota2,(lev. 6-40 wins) I really like the game, but also hate it, for the very same reasons you do. I think they really need to somehow, separate the servers for language purposes. I'm trying to find people to game with at my level to avoid the language problems too. I'm from Denmark and usually play in the evenings but will B on alittle more for the holidays My steam handle is "TheMikester", always looking for other FRIENDLY, english or Danish speaking team m8s :)

TheMikester

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » December 20, 2012 10:09am | Report
TheMikester wrote:

Hey man
I'm also new to Dota2,(lev. 6-40 wins) I really like the game, but also hate it, for the very same reasons you do. I think they really need to somehow, separate the servers for language purposes. I'm trying to find people to game with at my level to avoid the language problems too. I'm from Denmark and usually play in the evenings but will B on alittle more for the holidays My steam handle is "TheMikester", always looking for other FRIENDLY, english or Danish speaking team m8s :)

They are going to add a lot of servers, I believe in the future there'll be a server for each country.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Whated » December 20, 2012 11:03am | Report
Man I rather play with silent ****** Russians than ****ing English speaking ****** Americans. Oh my god the rage when they speak to mic and think they know the situation, constantly explaining what did go wrong. ****ing noobs...

I used to have that mind set when I was noob, that we need communication to win the game. Now with 400+ games and higher brackets. I like the Russians more, at least they don't annoy the **** out of me.

Just another side of the coin.

Whated
If the day should ever come when we must go, if some day we are compelled to leave the scene of history, we will slam the door so hard that the universe will shake and mankind will stand back in stupefaction.
Joseph Goebbels

Whated

Notable (12)
Steam: Whated
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved