Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Crystal Maiden Ownage!1!!!1

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Crystal Maiden Ownage!1!!!1 32 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » July 10, 2014 1:27am | Report

By the way, AA wins this in my opinion because he adds more damage in the laning phase (just try Chilling Touch, op as hell) and his ultimate is spammable. Crystal Maiden may have a reliable disable and an AoE nuke, but Chilling Touch outclasses Crystal Nova in terms of damage and Cold Feet is good for zoning purposes.

And AA stays relevant in the late game too as the shatter is percentage-based. Also the aghs upgrade is really strong in my opinion. AND the frostbite debuff can be really strong against teams those rely on burst heal in teamfights.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » July 10, 2014 2:15am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

I don't remember saying this so...why is it so accurate? 8{3

A genius must have edited it for the editor...
Anyways, I think AA is better because he has a scouting tool, insane teamfight damage- 480 friggin magic damage per allied hero plus slow, single target stun, 11% of enemy health as damage, and disables regen. CM has a stun-ish thing, a slowing aoe nuke, and a somewhat suicidal channeled ult.

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 10, 2014 3:03am | Report
Seagull wrote:

And AA stays relevant in the late game too as the shatter is percentage-based. Also the aghs upgrade is really strong in my opinion. AND the frostbite debuff can be really strong against teams those rely on burst heal in teamfights.

Hm, I must disagree that Cm isn't relevant late game. Her ultimate is really powerful, and yes, it does often result in her death, but it really helps in teamfights. If one hero were to get hit by all explosions it would deal roughly 21000 damage. However, although this doesn't often happen it still deals a lot of damage.

C'mon guiz where's the love for Crystal :(

Edit: Also, according to dotabuff, Crystal Maiden is about 2x more popular that Ancient Apparition, beat that, plus, cm's win rate is higher than that of aa. ;)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 10, 2014 6:47am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Hm, I must disagree that Cm isn't relevant late game. Her ultimate is really powerful, and yes, it does often result in her death, but it really helps in teamfights. If one hero were to get hit by all explosions it would deal roughly 21000 damage. However, although this doesn't often happen it still deals a lot of damage.

C'mon guiz where's the love for Crystal :(

Edit: Also, according to dotabuff, Crystal Maiden is about 2x more popular that Ancient Apparition, beat that, plus, cm's win rate is higher than that of aa. ;)

Actiavte BKB, ignore Freezing Field. Nuff said...

For a Support to have a good Late Game, they need more than a high-damage Ultimate.

Something that pierces Magic Immunity is a good start, even if only partially (this is the big reason why Ice Blast > Freezing Field, the Frostbite effect goes through BKB and scales with HP), so Fiend's Grip, Nether Swap, etc. are quite relevant Late Game when there are going to be at least 3 BKBs in a high level match.

An Aura or Buff that helps your Allies in hte Late Game is also good. Arcane Aura is nice Early-Mid Game, but you're not going to have any real Mana problems Late Game, and a fixed value loses its useful as your Allies gain more Mana Regen themselves. Compared to Vengeance Aura, Vampiric Aura, Tether + Overload, etc. it's incredibly weak in the Late Game.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » July 10, 2014 7:09am | Report
I do agree with Xyrus. Generally, percentage based abilities are considered late game, while abilites with even very high, but non-scaling damage are most useful in early to mid game.

As for battle between Crystal Maiden and Ancient Apparition. I think that AA has a better potential of doing a rampage than CM, because of Ice Blast. Imagine Vacuum into Wall of Replica and Ice Blast with Aghanim's Scepter upgrade on it. It scales!

Crystal Maiden is a more reliable support, though. She is way better in early game and still useful in late game, but we can't understimate Chilling Touch that is also a great early-mid game teamfight ability + spammable slow and magic resistance reduction - Ice Vortex. AA is more of an utility hero than a typical support, but with good teammates Ancient Apparition rules. You have my vote on AA.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 10, 2014 7:42am | Report
Eh, I still like Crystal way more. I tried aa and I don't like him. Also, in my level of play it's a surprise to see anybody build a bkb, so the ultimate still owns. All in all, I got these results with crystal and I don't think I could replicate them with any other support hero. If positioned right the ultimate is great.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 10, 2014 7:50am | Report
Actually, the -50% attack speed from CM's ulti goes through BKB.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 10, 2014 7:55am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Actually, the -50% attack speed from CM's ulti goes through BKB.

Meh, the Frostbite effect from Ice Blast is still better.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 10, 2014 8:13am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Meh, the Frostbite effect from Ice Blast is still better in my opinion.

Nobody will ever be able to take over the place Crystal Maiden has in my favourite heroes list. Not even your Old Boring Apparition guy :)

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 10, 2014 8:44am | Report
Nobody has talked about how CM's passive can make or break heroes like Storm Spirit, or other mana-hungry heroes? That includes Ancient Apparition, mind you.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved