Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Xyrus's hopping on the bandwa...I mean 6.85 patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Xyrus's hopping on the bandwa...I mean 6.85 patch 11 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 25, 2015 1:27pm | Report

Unstable Concoction:-

Damage rescaled to 100/200/300/400
Self Damage increased to 150/300/450/600
Stun Duration rescaled to 2.75/3/3.25/3.5
Mana Cost rescaled to 90/100/110/120
Cooldown reduced to 12 seconds

Greevil's Greed reworked:-

Active - Target a Creep to kill it and gain an additional 225 Reliable Gold

Cast Range - 225
Cooldown 90/85/80/70

Enfeeble - Damage Reduction rescaled to 20 + 10% Base Damage/40 + 20% Base Damage/60 + 30% Base Damage/80 + 40% Base Damage

Brain Sap:-
  • Damage increased to 120/180/240/300
  • Cooldown rescaled to 20/16/12/8

Bloodrage:-
  • cast range increased to 1250
  • Increased Damage taken by Heroes other than Bloodseeker rescaled to 25%/30%/35%/40%

Thirst Radius decreased to 2000

Shadow Walk Bonus Damage reduced to 20/50/80/110

Track Self Bonus Gold reduced to 150/200/250

Base Armour increased to 0

Moonlight Shadow - using Items does not break Invisibility or reset fade time for any Hero affected by the Buff

Tombstone HP rescaled based on Undying's Max HP:-
50 + 15% of Max HP%/ 100 + 30% Max HP/ 150 + 45% Max HP/ 200 + 60% Max HP

Base Strength reduced to 19
Strength Gain increased to 3.1

(for a comparison, at lvl1 Tombstone has 175HP, without Items, it would then have 122.2. At lvl7 it has 700, it would then have 718.64)

Bloodstone charges reduce Respawn Timer by 2.5% per charge, i.e. with 8 charges, if you take 40 seconds to respawn, at 20% the time would be reduced to 32 seconds. You would now need 40 charges to resapwn instantly after dying.

I'll probably update with more Heroes/Items/Genreal **** later

All numbers presented are merely examples and should not be taken as absolute values, this is merely a fanfic of 6.85 patch. May cause irritation, do not take as a suppository.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 25, 2015 3:24pm | Report
I don't see why you want to make Tombstone scale better - Undying is not meant to be a scaling hero, he is meant to crush early-mid game, and become weaker and weaker as the game goes on.

I think Brain Sap is too good of a nuke to have an 8s cooldown. That's like 3-4 300 damage pure nukes per fight.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 25, 2015 3:41pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

I don't see why you want to make Tombstone scale better - Undying is not meant to be a scaling hero, he is meant to crush early-mid game, and become weaker and weaker as the game goes on.

I don't want to see Undying scale into the Late Game, just added this as an interesting thought. If I was being realistic, I probably wouldn't touch undying too much, maybe a small stat nerf.
Sanvitch wrote:

I think Brain Sap is too good of a nuke to have an 8s cooldown. That's like 3-4 300 damage pure nukes per fight.

Bane has a mediocre Mana Pool and high Cost Spells, if you want 3-4 Brain Saps in a Teamfight, you're either gonna have to wait until the Late Game, or you're gonna need some other Pool of Mana, e.g. Outworld Devourer, Keeper of the Light, etc.

Compared to Zeus, the damage isn't quite as extreme (again don't take the numbers too seriously, you can always raise it to 21/17/13/9), you have no other source of Damage than Fiend's Grip to follow up after anyway.

...no thoughts on Alchemist? That's the one I would actually like to see. T-T

added Bloodstone

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 25, 2015 4:09pm | Report
That Unstable Concoction self damage is insane! Who would level that ability now? XD

EDIT: Make Unstable Concoction a ground-target spell, but you can still take self damage if you stand in the blast zone. This makes it so that enemies can't make you kill yourself if they decide to start juking in the trees. It doesn't take away from the hazard of using this spell though; if you're slowed or stunned before you throw it, you still lose half your health.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, and the bottle can explode in mid-air before it reaches the target location if the timer has counted down. This means that if you throw the bottle a fraction of a second too late, it will still blow up in your face. Makes the ability a lot more interesting, in my opinion.

Greevil's Greed becoming a Hand of Midas? Well, that does give you more money in short bursts early on, but when flash-farming you get a lot less. Then you'd have to rework the whole hero because he relies on getting absurd amounts of gold through stacks to do anything.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 25, 2015 4:09pm | Report
I know Bane's mana pool is mediocre, but giving heroes really good really spam-able nukes doesn't end that well. Especially when said nuke is pure damage, and heals Bane up. Like if anything that encourages the idea of like offlane Bane a lot.

Uuuuh, the Alch change is ok? Like, it's aimed at Support Alch, but I still think the hero is still in a bad place. Like, his already mediocre stun is now worse as a stun, it's just a little more spamable. His mediocre AOE spell is still mediocre, he gets gold quicly for a support because it's like having the inbuilt Midas, but it makes the core significantly worse. And the hero is a better core than support.

Also the self damage is waaaay too high.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 25, 2015 4:52pm | Report
porygon361 wrote:

That Unstable Concoction self damage is insane! Who would level that ability now? XD

EDIT: Make Unstable Concoction a ground-target spell, but you can still take self damage if you stand in the blast zone. This makes it so that enemies can't make you kill yourself if they decide to start juking in the trees. It doesn't take away from the hazard of using this spell though; if you're slowed or stunned before you throw it, you still lose half your health.

EDIT EDIT: Oh, and the bottle can explode in mid-air before it reaches the target location if the timer has counted down. This means that if you throw the bottle a fraction of a second too late, it will still blow up in your face. Makes the ability a lot more interesting, in my opinion.

Greevil's Greed becoming a Hand of Midas? Well, that does give you more money in short bursts early on, but when flash-farming you get a lot less. Then you'd have to rework the whole hero because he relies on getting absurd amounts of gold through stacks to do anything.

This doesn't lead to a hero rework, he actually make Alchemist from a ****ty carry to a good support who doesn't even have to take the space from other heroes to get money. Probable the best way of balancing this hero without making him OP, this is a really good change.

Spoiler: Click to view

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » August 25, 2015 5:08pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

This doesn't lead to a hero rework, he actually make Alchemist from a ****ty carry to a good support who doesn't even have to take the space from other heroes to get money. Probable the best way of balancing this hero without making him OP, this is a really good change.

True, and true :D.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » August 25, 2015 5:39pm | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

I know Bane's mana pool is mediocre, but giving heroes really good really spam-able nukes doesn't end that well. Especially when said nuke is pure damage, and heals Bane up. Like if anything that encourages the idea of like offlane Bane a lot.

Uuuuh, the Alch change is ok? Like, it's aimed at Support Alch, but I still think the hero is still in a bad place. Like, his already mediocre stun is now worse as a stun, it's just a little more spamable. His mediocre AOE spell is still mediocre, he gets gold quicly for a support because it's like having the inbuilt Midas, but it makes the core significantly worse. And the hero is a better core than support.

Over the past year or 2, Earthshaker, Sand King, Rubick, Magnus, Puck and Queen of Pain have been played in the Offlane in competetive games, there's no reason why Bane can't do the same.

Same with Support Alch, the current Greevil's Greed suits a Core Hero, but Support Alchemist became unviable after nerfs to Unstable Concoction, most notably, nerfing the maximim amount of charge up time. Given that Icefrog gave him an Aghs upgrade that focuses around buffing other Heroes, all he needs is a buff to Unstable Concoction and a rework to Greevil's Greed and suddenly, Support Alch becomes viable again (I miss those days of Support Alchemist T-T ).
Dimonychan wrote:

Welp, Alch was the only one I cared about, so I guess it's expected (pls Icefrog, don't nerf Booty Hunter T-T )

Added Mirana

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » August 25, 2015 6:43pm | Report
Does it? Support Alch still doesn't seem that viable to me with those changes.

The Ag's gimmick is just bad in a meta-game where games don't stretch super late, because you do not want to give 4200 networth on a support to another hero. 4200 gold is essentially a Glimmer Cape + Solar Crest. Or most of a Hex, A Blink and a Force Staff or practically a full Shiva's.

Like compare him to the Naga support; The Naga support farms just as well or better, can scout with illusions, has an actually useful ulti, is naturally tanky and thus can actually zone, and can transition into a stronger core. Her skills are all good, with Riptide being a solid source of - armour, and Ensnare being a strong disable.

Alch has... 2 skills that actually do relevant things, 1 of which is a stun that requires a long channel time to be remotely decent (Time that can't always be afforded, and it's not even like it's that great of a stun afterwards), and Acid Spray, which is a pretty meh source of - armour and depush.

I just don't see it - I think there are better poor supports, and better greedy supports, even better transitioning supports, and better minus armour supports.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by strider » August 25, 2015 8:16pm | Report
what if Greevil's Greed had both old passive and new active,passive being disabled while active is on CD so it can be useful to both support and carry alch?

strider

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved