Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Windrunner changes in 6.86

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Windrunner changes in 6.86 19 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Was WR...
Buffed?
Nerfed?
Other?
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 18, 2015 4:56pm | Report
Hi all,

Was looking over the patch notes for the guide thing, and I just realized... Doesn't it seem like, although WR herself was nerfed, the items and stuff buffed her instead?

I'm not really doing the math, but I suppose with Focus Fire the bash changes would benefit her?

Thanks,
TheSofa

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » December 18, 2015 5:12pm | Report
The patch nerfed some scenarios while buffing another, she's still good the way she is. Like I said WR's not overpowered to justify giant nerfs nor is she underpowered to give big buffs. WR's fine where she is

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 18, 2015 7:04pm | Report
I think the Bash is pretty big for her, wouldnt call it a nerf, just balanced.

If you go over to Dotabuff I believe shes #1 hero right now, beating Pudge. Maybe the age of Pudge is over (hopefully).
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 18, 2015 10:21pm | Report
Blubbles wrote:

I think the Bash is pretty big for her, wouldnt call it a nerf, just balanced.

If you go over to Dotabuff I believe shes #1 hero right now, beating Pudge. Maybe the age of Pudge is over (hopefully).

With introduction of Aether Lens and sick Aghs that will probably get him picked as a valid roamer/doublehard? You only have to hope, lol.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 18, 2015 11:39pm | Report
She was (very) slightly buffed. So hero still the same.

She got a very slight nerf that is Shackleshot angle reduced by 3 degrees. So less ******** shackles in the laning stage for example when played mid.

Shackleshot disjointable changes *absolutely nothing*. Zero. Skill has no cast point and projectile is ultra fast. So you're still not dodging blink-shackle. Besides, was shackle following you after you blink out ever a problem? No, it wasn't. Problem was that it was an instant 4 second stun, and it still is.

Everything else is buffs. Note that every hero has 30 more HP now, so burst damage is nerfed, squishy heroes don't really exist anymore, so count that as well.

Abyssal Blade didn't change anything. Damage of the item is still exactly the same in average for single targets, it just does less damage for cleave attacks. There's no such thing as "you need lots of attack speed now", I keep reading this and it makes no sense, please do the math right guys. The change only means that an ever-increasing part of abyssal's damage cannot crit or cleave, but the total damage in average is still the same. This is a nerf to the item btw.

Also, prepare to see a roaming Pudge in literally every game. Actually Blubbles you were looking at the "last month" results not the 6.86 ones. Right now...he's almost at 40% pick rate, at a very comfortable first place. OSFrog.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 19, 2015 12:13am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

She was (very) slightly buffed. So hero still the same.

She got a very slight nerf that is Shackleshot angle reduced by 3 degrees. So less ******** shackles in the laning stage for example when played mid.

Shackleshot disjointable changes *absolutely nothing*. Zero. Skill has no cast point and projectile is ultra fast. So you're still not dodging blink-shackle. Besides, was shackle following you after you blink out ever a problem? No, it wasn't. Problem was that it was an instant 4 second stun, and it still is.

Everything else is buffs. Note that every hero has 30 more HP now, so burst damage is nerfed, squishy heroes don't really exist anymore, so count that as well.

Abyssal Blade didn't change anything. Damage of the item is still exactly the same in average for single targets, it just does less damage for cleave attacks. There's no such thing as "you need lots of attack speed now", I keep reading this and it makes no sense, please do the math right guys. The change only means that an ever-increasing part of abyssal's damage cannot crit or cleave, but the total damage in average is still the same. This is a nerf to the item btw.

Also, prepare to see a roaming Pudge in literally every game. Actually Blubbles you were looking at the "last month" results not the 6.86 ones. Right now...he's almost at 40% pick rate, at a very comfortable first place. OSFrog.

Please. You need to stop telling people whats really going on.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 19, 2015 12:27am | Report
You make Abyssal, MKB and their components more RNG-reliant.
You make Daedalus and Damage Block items less RNG-reliant in the same patch.

Must be some complicated OSFrog master plan.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 19, 2015 12:31am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

You make Abyssal, MKB and their components more RNG-reliant.
You make Daedalus and Damage Block items less RNG-reliant in the same patch.

Must be some complicated OSFrog master plan.

Nerfing abyssal and MKB, and buffing crit. No master plan here.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 19, 2015 12:33am | Report
Yes, but why? Why did he decide that crit is underpowered and MKB(ok Abyssal is really strong) is overpowered?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 19, 2015 12:44am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Yes, but why? Why did he decide that crit is underpowered and MKB(ok Abyssal is really strong) is overpowered?

It's the eternal MKB versus crit choice. But OSFrog introduced a lot of evasion in the game recently so MKB was always better than crit in the latest patches. So he's compensating for that.
And that's making evasion even more annoying to deal with.

Please. You need to stop telling people whats really going on.

I understand your concerns, "Kyfrog". Enlightenment is the natural enemy of trollkin, who thrive on ignorance.
Maybe I could be bribed to join the dark side, for a sensible price. I could prove to be a valuable ally :)

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved