Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

What's Your Slark Build

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » What's Your Slark Build 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » October 17, 2015 12:05pm | Report
So I've recently gotten into playing Slark again, and I think his "hit and run super regen assassin" play style fits well into current meta. I realize now that the build that I used for so long is just trash.

Old:
Stout Shield Quelling Blade Tango > Power Treads > Shadow Blade > Skull Basher >
4-4-1-2

New:
Poor Man's Shield Tango > Hand of Midas > Power Treads > Eye of Skadi > Black King Bar/ Butterfly/ Moon Shard/ Abyssal Blade (whichever I need most).
1-4-4-2

Now the old build is somewhat easily countered, lacks a late game presence, and doesn't give stats. The new build fixes all of these issues. As long as you can get a <10:00 Midas, everything should fall into place. Slarks strengths in the early game rely on being able to pin down and drain stats from enemies who stray too close to your tower. This strategy works on even the toughest or most annoying of heroes such as Axe or Shadow Fiend. In order to beat you your enemy must know their limits, and as soon as they start to forget them, then you can kill them quickly. They will not be able to kill you after you get level 6. Mid game he really needs that fast Skadi (<25) if he wants to start actually carrying. Yes. Slark carrying. He can push, get kills, and move swiftly around the map. He can carry. With 25 min Skadi he can take down basically anyone he wants without risk due to his ult and variety of escapes, as well as a dispel. Late game all he needs is to keep getting his GPM up so he can get fast luxury items. I also like the early essence shift levels because he can carry his agility boosts between fights instead of having to stack them up every time. attack speed items give him more Shift, which is more damage. 8 hits with Level 4 ES is a a free two minute Eaglesong.

Ive won 4 match in a row with this build:

Admittedly I didn't do as well on those last two.

Anyway, What is your Slark build and how successful have you been with it? Why do you build it that way instead of the way another guy does it?

P.S How viable do you think E-Blade would be on Slark in the late game? His agi. increase from ES would be crazy with the nuke, plus they would take more damage from Pounce and Pact
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 17, 2015 12:22pm | Report
You know your new build has basically been the standard on the hero for 2 or 3 patches now, probably longer? With the exception of slotting your ganking item between Treads and Skadi.

Like, his carry potential off of Essence Shift and building raw stats is again something we've known for ages.

E-Blade is probably okay in some games, but not for the damage amp. Instead it's if you are against a core you can't man-fight, it lets you kite him more easily for a while, and save allies in that respect. Really rare tho, since you are usually the 1, and thus want to further your end game more by tanking up.

EDIT; Except you shouldn't be maxing Essence Shift till late game, it cuts down your farming pace and ability to gank, and you don't really need to keep the stats for 2 minutes; You aren't that heavy a right clicker then.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » October 17, 2015 1:10pm | Report
haha yeah I'm pretty late, but according to Dotabuff shadow blade and basher are 1st and 3rd most popular items, so I think in sub 3k they probably get Shadow Blade and Basher like I used too. i don't actually see Midas on slark ever, but I do see Skasi, typically after SB.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » October 17, 2015 1:27pm | Report
Well Shadow Blade is popular because you want to buy either it or Blink Dagger so you can go about the map ganking and making space. He's a hero who wants to get active, and needs an item to really do it well. If you just plan on afk farming without getting active (Because you can't team-fight early), then just pick a different hero.

And Skull Basher - Well Basher after Eye of Skadi is pretty normal, given at that stage you want damage more than anything else.

It's not random that those would be some of the most built items. Sure, scrubs being scrubs has some relevence to the stats, but it's still items that make sense of the hero.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » October 19, 2015 4:29am | Report
BEAR WITNESS TO THE uLTImaT xxxSWAGyOlOxxx slark build

Complete six slot: Skadi, Abbyssal,SilverEdge,Boots,Butterfly,Satanic/BKB. Eat the damn moonshard
Situationals: Linkens, Drums,Manta, Solar crest,maelstrom

Ohh you went the ***** ganker way: Orchid and veil, with drums and skadi.

Your skill build: No stuns in lane- 0-4-2-1. could go 0-3-2-1
Stuns/cc-1-3-1-1

Now bow down to ME!

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » October 19, 2015 6:54am | Report

BEAR WITNESS TO THE uLTImaT xxxSWAGyOlOxxx slark build

Complete six slot: Skadi, Abbyssal,SilverEdge,Boots,Butterfly,Satanic/BKB. Eat the damn moonshard
Situationals: Linkens, Drums,Manta, Solar crest,maelstrom

Ohh you went the ***** ganker way: Orchid and veil, with drums and skadi.

Your skill build: No stuns in lane- 0-4-2-1. could go 0-3-2-1
Stuns/cc-1-3-1-1

Now bow down to ME!

It's... bad. There's literally no point in not maxing Dark Pact first. Unless your core is Diffusal Blade which can be good on Slark.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved