Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Viability of a CarryShaker

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Viability of a CarryShaker 18 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

Viability?
Viable
As viable as Huskar
EXTREMEEEEELY SITUATIONAL
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 2, 2015 2:19am | Report
Ive heard its been dine in pro games even, and it has popularise quite a while.

So, in a competitive game, how viable is a carry shaker?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 2, 2015 2:32am | Report
You're better iff as caster.
Every aspect of this hero shouts stuns.
An aghs gives much more utility to you.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 2, 2015 2:34am | Report
My answer is still yet to be questioned (or is it the other way around?)
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 2, 2015 2:41am | Report
It's okay, provided you rush a Blink Dagger and not a Shadow Blade: ES is a very slow farmer, and giving him a core position (usually the mid lane) lets him farm his essential items in little time. As soon as he gets his Blink, he can start getting gold by snowballing.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 2, 2015 2:43am | Report
-When should and shouldn't I draft a CarryShaker?
-Comparison (game impact etc) between carryshaker and earthshaker?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 2, 2015 2:43am | Report
What people don't generally understand about Earthshaker is that he's a NUKER, whose damage doesn't scale very well into late game. He's as far away from a carry as you can get (carry = scaling damage, the very opposite of ES)

For example people who pick ES as the ultimate counter to Phantom Lancer/ Meepo/ Chaos Knight/whatever are not that smart because ES is indeed really good against these heroes pre-30 minutes but if the game goes late and they get a heart or something it's just GG anyways - they'd be smarter picking scaling damage heroes like Ember or Sven.

Yes, you can play him mid, he'll lose the lane against essentially any hero but he's extremely good at ganking and getting solo kills with a fast blink. But if you play him that way you need to snowball not fazm. Just don't get Shadow Blade on him, like, ever.

So yeah either play him as a support or as a ganker, but his carry potential is essentially zero. His late game presence comes from his stuns not his damage output.

He's played as a support because an ES with heart and 3 crits is maybe 20% stronger than an ES with only arcanes/blink. The hero doesn't scale with items, and item-independent heroes are supports. Besides Refresher Orb >> any kind of right-click build.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 2, 2015 2:47am | Report
Did you guys misinterpreted CarryShaker from CritShaker?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » January 2, 2015 2:47am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

What people don't generally understand about Earthshaker is that he's a NUKER, whose damage doesn't scale very well into late game. He's as far away from a carry as you can get (carry = scaling damage, the very opposite of ES)

For example people who pick ES as the ultimate counter to Phantom Lancer/ Meepo/ Chaos Knight/whatever are not that smart because ES is indeed really good against these heroes pre-30 minutes but if the game goes late and they get a heart or something it's just GG anyways - they'd be smarter picking scaling damage heroes like Ember or Sven.

Yes, you can play him mid, he'll lose the lane against essentially any hero but he's extremely good at ganking and getting solo kills with a fast blink. But if you play him that way you need to snowball not fazm. Just don't get Shadow Blade on him, like, ever.

So yeah either play him as a support or as a ganker, but his carry potential is essentially zero. His late game presence comes from his stuns not his damage output.

He's played as a support because an ES with heart and 3 crits is maybe 20% stronger than an ES with only arcanes/blink. The hero doesn't scale with items, and item-independent heroes are supports.

Music to my ears
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 2, 2015 2:48am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Did i misinterpreted CarryShaker from CritShaker?

Okay, what do you build on him then? He's *item independent* that's the whole point of the hero. He needs blink and that's it.
He's considered a greedy support because he needs a fast blink but seriously don't tell me it's a problem in pubs ;)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 2, 2015 3:30am | Report
I'd agree the hamsterman on this, ES is best played as a greedy #4 - the teamfight based Blink Dagger/ Veil of Discord/ Aghanim's Scepter/ Refresher Orb type role.

His only real damage output skill (other than his nuke/stuns) is a one-shot boost based on his strength, and after that he's just a hero with 2.9 primary stat gain and poor agility growth. Tbh if you want a hero like this, you'd be much better off with Kunkka who can at least wreck a large area if he manages to get a crit.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved