Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Tranquils on viper?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Tranquils on viper? 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 29, 2014 1:41am | Report
So,

He need move speed

He need tankiness

He need tranqs

Thoughts?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 29, 2014 1:48am | Report
He also needs to last hit creeps. Tranqs are useless on heroes who need to farm creeps.

If you want move speed and tankiness go phase/drum or something.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » December 29, 2014 2:02am | Report
Go Go Double Boot Build...

Ok in all seriousness; Tranqs isn't the worst boot for him. But due to the fact that he almost always plays mid; he needs a more impactful pair of boots. I usually go phase due to my personal preference. Even though treads do come in handy here and there for their stat swapping.

The reason Tranqs isn't good on Viper is that he is meant to be a right clicking hero. His abilities are there to compliment that. So Viper won't benefit from Tranqs heal.

Armor wise; he can build into tankier items after he gets boots.

Speed wise; he can go drums, yasha, or Euls for speed. Each giving him better bonuses than Tranqs.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » December 29, 2014 2:32am | Report
If you go Mek on him, most of the time you should go Power Treads for the extra mana given by Tread switching; if you build a Mekansm you won't need the extra HP regen from Tranquils anyway. Otherwise, it depends on your laning phase: I would never get Tranquil Boots unless I'm getting shut down really hard in the middle lane, since Phase are better for chasing and Treads are better for survivability.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 29, 2014 5:46am | Report
uhhhh wut. i dont see why you would need extra regen since he often picks up mek and bottle, and you will be mostly rightclicking anyway.

i also never liked Phase Boots on Viper. phase is mostly used for lane dominance and viper wins his lane in terms of lasthits anyway. imo is much better to tank up and have some extra attackspeed so you atleast have SOME farmspeed. i never really found movespeed or shadow blade that some weird people went for really usefull either.
HARD TO KILL IS WHERE ITS AT.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 29, 2014 6:04am | Report

If you go Mek on him, most of the time you should go Power Treads for the extra mana given by Tread switching; if you build a Mekansm you won't need the extra HP regen from Tranquils anyway. Otherwise, it depends on your laning phase: I would never get Tranquil Boots unless I'm getting shut down really hard in the middle lane, since Phase are better for chasing and Treads are better for survivability.

This ^

Tranquils are really only suited to Supports and Roamers who are going to be fighting often right from the get-go and spend more time hiding in the Fog than they do Farming.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » December 29, 2014 6:20am | Report
Phase can be legit on him, combining it with his slows and ulti Viper Strike, it can give immense chase -ability to viper.

His Corrosive Skin makes others slow down and phase allows viper to kite them better, unless they have some mobility spells.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » December 29, 2014 7:42am | Report
Viper need to rightclick to win so Tranquil Boots is a no for him, Tranquil Boots is only useful for roamers and supports who doesn't relies on rightclicking.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 29, 2014 9:23am | Report
kyphoid's just like: "Yeah! Tranquils! AND Phase!"

Honestly, Treads are much better, mostly due to the 'break' factor in the Tranquils.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » December 29, 2014 10:14am | Report
I usually just stick with brown boots until I get Scepter, then go treads or phase. As much as Viper fights and last hits, I don't like tranqs on him. Bottle and Yasha has plenty of movespeed and regen for him.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved