Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Three things that counter...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Three things that counter... 28 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » January 31, 2013 6:44pm | Report
Quoted:
If Enchant counters Chen,doesn't Holy Persuasion counter Enchantress?This seems like a paradox.

I always thought it was the early game counter jungle, If the other team has Chen you send Enchantress into the same jungle and wait for Chen to use his convert, then ruin his time by taking it after that.
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Steam: TC | Shooting Star
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » January 31, 2013 6:50pm | Report
Enchantress' Enchant has a lower mana cost, but they both have about the same cooldown. Just in how Enchant is played, she can counter jungle Chen. Chen is very reliant on his creeps, where as she can really screw with Chen in the jungle. Chen can be kind of aggressive but compared to Ench he usually gets outmatched in the Jungle.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 31, 2013 7:14pm | Report
I remember playing as lycan jungle and then other team had an axe just go into the jungle to look for me and counter my farm. Would that work for enchant/chen?(he went counterhelix first)

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » January 31, 2013 7:29pm | Report
Ancient Hero wrote:

I remember playing as lycan jungle and then other team had an axe just go into the jungle to look for me and counter my farm. Would that work for enchant/chen?(he went counterhelix first)

No, they're ranged and would pretty much just kite him around.

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » January 31, 2013 7:35pm | Report
Quoted:

Chen and Enchant are aggressive junglers, They can help the lane AND get exp from neutral creeps. Both can just retreat into lane or use there creeps to fight Axe since they do not relay on taking the noob camp first.

Lycan on the other hand is more of a passive jungler gaining gold and exp from the woods only. In short Chne/Enchant are early game heros that do not need certain camps but Lycan is a late game hero that NEEDS some camps to farm well.

PS: Brood is countered by Slars damage amp, Earth Shakers Echo slam and sentry wards

Outworld destroyer(yes I know they changed it but his old name was cooler) is countered by Nyx mana burn, Pugna nether ward, and orchid

Zeus is countered by magic resistance like BKB, Pipe, and omni knights repel. (He is also counted by the clock at the top of the screen :D )
My lone druid starting items are 12 Iron wood branches, 6 for the hero and 6 for the bear. Even if the bear does not get stats more twigs are OP on any hero.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mirror » January 31, 2013 8:59pm | Report
Oh, I got more

Dazzle is countered by AA ulti, Axe ulti and any DoT stops him from using shalow grave so something like battle hunger would work.

Mirror

Remarkable (22)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » January 31, 2013 9:11pm | Report
omniknight...the possible counter just about anything. Ulti is physical dps and repel is magic resistance.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 1, 2013 6:50am | Report
Will add some new ones as noted.

Where possible, try to avoid Doom and things like Guardian Angel as they do counter just about anything - only want them where it would be really worth picking the hero just for this. E.g. Doom and Weaver or Storm Spirit, Guardian Angel with Troll Warlord etc.

Also, think Caustic Finale is well worth a pick against Broodmother
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 1, 2013 7:10am | Report
Ancient Hero wrote:

omniknight...the possible counter just about anything. Ulti is physical dps and repel is magic resistance.

Diffusal Blade.

Sando wrote:

Also, think Caustic Finale is well worth a pick against Broodmother

Same with Anchor Smash

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by xCO2 » February 1, 2013 7:35am | Report

Medusa for Omniknight, her Ult.

xCO2
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (72)
Steam: RUSH_and_ABUSE
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved