Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spirit Bears Mana Pool

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Spirit Bears Mana Pool 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » September 26, 2014 2:13am | Report
So now that Lone Druid's spirit bear has a mana pool (albeit a small 300) what items will we see picked up on him? I mean now you can build Mjollnir and use the active without switching it from bear to hero. Same goes for Abyssal Blade. What other items might we see built legit on the bear now, possible Shadow Blade? And yes you can name some troll ones. One that I will have to try; Manta Style
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » September 26, 2014 3:12am | Report
Mask of Madness please

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » September 26, 2014 3:40am | Report
I was thinking Mjollnir or Manta Style. TPs could also be interesting for map mobility and split pushing.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by zxBLAZExz » September 26, 2014 9:44am | Report
Mjollnir for certain. I'm sure Dagon will pop up now and then. I would be interested to see some defensive items, pull out a Blademail or Pipe and laugh. Even Shiva's would be pretty sweet to see.

zxBLAZExz

Steam: Putin Putin Boom Boom
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 26, 2014 9:51am | Report
Abyssal Blade sounds pretty broken honestly.

LD's problem was that he had trouble chasing as long as he didn't get a root but now you can just abyssal the guy with the bear and catch up to him.

I think abyssal on the bear is really a huge buff to LD.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » September 26, 2014 11:01am | Report
Saw a Mask of Madness on a Lone Druid yesterday and it worked out pretty well.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » September 26, 2014 11:09am | Report
kkoopman3 wrote:

I was thinking Mjollnir or Manta Style. TPs could also be interesting for map mobility and split pushing.

You don't need TPs, he already does this. TP with the hero and then use the Bear's Q to TP him to the hero. The problem is that it doesn't work backwards, so the hero can't TP to the bear without a scroll of his own, and you can't attack with the bear unless the hero is close.

Mask of Madness is actually pretty wild on it because it's the best attack speed for the price and you can get it so early. You'll be getting roots left and right, and considering the bear can outfight most heroes early on once he's level 4, people will have a hard time against him. I bet we see a lot less Radiance LD and a lot more early fight builds.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » September 26, 2014 6:45pm | Report
So to the TP thing for bear, I think the idea behind it is you TP top with bear assuming he has Radiance and possibly Necronomicon and then proceeds to slowly push that lane whilst the rest of the team pushes a different lane.

On another note I think Fumbles maybe onto something with the early aggresive LD with a bear having MoM and Blademail. I mean seriously the bear has a good 2.5k+ health around LD at lvl 6... Can you just imagine a bear walking into the other team and popping the mail... you cant just completely kill it due to the high backlash damage.

Actually thinking about it Manta would be good. I mean the bear can't attack but his illusions can. right? So split pushing build could be; Boots of Travel, Manta Style, Necronomicon, Radiance and other stuff.... seriously valve you have made more OP combos real this patch. I think.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 26, 2014 7:03pm | Report
Stop the Manta Style.

It wont work. Tested it out in a lobby, the bear showed the animations but no illusions were created.

I think Crimson Guard would be good.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » September 27, 2014 5:36pm | Report
Thanks Unscathed for clearing that up... Valve fix. I WANT BEAR ILLUSIONS!
And your right, it might be good if you went for the vanguard build... personally I don't

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved