Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

SnY on Omniknight

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » SnY on Omniknight 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » April 16, 2015 4:08am | Report
So, Omniknight is what people would call a "greedy" hero. So I thought, "why not make him even greedier?" Why not build Sange and Yasha on him? Because I just did.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1401196379

Granted, a lot of surreal stuff was happening this match, Disruptor was carrying, Techies were getting killing sprees left and right, I got a 2 minute Soul Ring. So, after I did the 'ol scepter into refresher item progression, the enemy fed even more and I got a hold of SnY. Alright now to where Omni gets SnY... so this item, as I found out, lets omni become a pretty good chasing hero since the slow from SnY synergizes well with the slow from Degen Aura. Thus I was able to secure even more kills for myself and my teammates.

So, is this an item that is worth considering on Omniknight when you're getting fed? If not, what other items should I consider when the enemy decides to feed me.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » April 16, 2015 5:30am | Report
It's a core item on carry omni, dunno about support omni tho.
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » April 16, 2015 5:55am | Report
Synergises with Degen Aura? Shiva's Guard.

Omniknight has terrible right click capabilities and I dont think he will be able to proc the Maim really much. Shiva's Guard, on the other hand, synergises better. It is an aura, like Degen Aura, makes him tankier, AND gives intelligence!

Shiva's Guard, imo, just outclasses Sange and Yasha on Omniknight. Besides, this thread is pointless because everybody will say no because we all hate Sange and Yasha. ^_^
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 16, 2015 6:05am | Report
i love S&Y

kinda like bf though need it before certain time to be useful

like when i play troll its before 20 mins - phase helm s&y before 20mins/ bkb by 25 at latest. then skadi by 30/

same with any carry you need to hit item times or its a lot tougher.

S&Y is a timed item so yea great on omni carry OR support just need it before 20 mins.

played a game with a mate and he got an ultra kill at minute 3 on support omni and finished his S&Y at 14 mins and his scepter at 23. pretty easy game after that.

as with all things in dota

"IT DEPENDSSSSSS"

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 16, 2015 6:08am | Report
If you're getting ridiculously fed (like it seems to be the case), there's nothing wrong with it :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 16, 2015 8:31am | Report
Its pretty much the IM NOW PLAYING RIGHT CLICK OMMNI (so not core, rightclick) item.
I actually think S&Y can be really good on multiple strength heroes. I even build one yesterday on bristle. :D

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 16, 2015 2:30pm | Report
Shiva's Guard is a much better option, but Eye of Skadi is the way to go for right-click slows.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » April 16, 2015 3:01pm | Report
When I first started seeing the resurgence of SnY in the current meta I didn't understand it at first. But once I saw how the meta was based around having snowballing carries and mids that (ex. Juggernaut, Troll Warlord, Storm Spirit) it made sense. And for such a thing you want good items for if you take off early.

So from what you're saying about your farm I think it makes sense. If you're snowballing hard and you already have your support items (because if looks like you started out at a support) the maim is really nice as well as the early stats. While the argument for Shiva's Guard is better, SnY wasn't bad in this situation.

P.S: That Disruptor carry was pretty imba.

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 16, 2015 3:16pm | Report
Well, it's a great fun item to play on Omniknight if nothing else.
I recommend watching this video if you want to play a carry Omniknight in action though, it's really refreshing to watch :D
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » April 18, 2015 9:26pm | Report
MoM Omni all the way

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved