Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Skadi PL?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Skadi PL? 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » September 26, 2014 10:12am | Report
Been playing a lot of pl to see all the changes and noticed that there is a lot more emphasis on him fighting in the mid game. Yet one of the main weaknesses of PL now is that illusions die way too quickly due to timer. So along with his slow, charge, and gank/escape; I thought what he really needed was an extra slowing ability so he can constantly refresh his illusions.

So started trying Orb of Venom. Which is good and all; yet come late game the item slots start becoming filled up with other items. So it would be best to eventually build it into a Skadi.

I know that building a Skadi on him would be a big money sink till I thought about the fact that illusions would not last that long out of combat thus negating a lot of needed survivability on them. So I would then just replace on of his big cost items. Which in my opinion would be Heart. Seeing that Butterfly gives survivability and agility.

Basic build would be:

Power Treads
Vladamirs Offering
Orb of Venom - Skadi
Yasha - Manta Style
Butterfly
Assault Cuirass

Anyone else thinking of new builds after the PL rework?

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » September 26, 2014 11:57am | Report
I guess it would be best to go Diffusal Blade and Eye of Skadi stacking them so that the illusions get feedback and main one gets skadi. I guess basher or stuff like that might now be legit.

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 26, 2014 4:14pm | Report
You still pretty much always want diffusal, vlads is better on him now but not that amazing still.
And as seagull said, skadi+diffusal still works really well.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » September 26, 2014 6:43pm | Report
I don't see what's wrong with Skadi on PL, its an amazing item and his illusions get a ton of extra stats from it (+25 to all stats) which means great for illusion based heroes. + Skadi is really fun when against slow moving heroes :P
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » September 26, 2014 6:59pm | Report
I still don't like the idea of a Vladmir's Offering on PL but we'll see how the meta changes

Moodkill

Notable (9)
Steam: Moodkill
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » September 26, 2014 7:06pm | Report
pl is just a rush in-rape hero.#hate

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Moodkill » September 26, 2014 7:55pm | Report
Heart is really good on him, I just forgot. I just lost to a PL and our team score was 20-50 (we were the 50). PL can sort of like 4 or 3 v 5 now.

Moodkill

Notable (9)
Steam: Moodkill
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » September 26, 2014 9:35pm | Report
Phantom Rush OP

And of course skadi is good on PL. I actually liked skadi more than heart/

Eye of Skadi
-Give much health
-Give much mana
-Give much stats
-Give slow attack (can be stacked with Diffusal Blade)

Heart of Tarrasque
-Give very much health
-Give very much strenght

I liked skadi more because it has a more balanced stat gain and I personally think that Eye of Skadi is the best item in the whole game.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 27, 2014 3:19am | Report
O havent played him online but i think heart isnt that good anymore, he cant throw a lance at a creepwave and make a tanky big army there since his illusions will all be gone really fast.
Because of that you wont have those times that as a support you struggle to kill a solo illusion who is wrecking you.

Apart from making your illusions tanky there is no reason to buy a heart on any AGI carry apart from spectre and anti mage because of how they can tank damage.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » September 27, 2014 5:40am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Apart from making your illusions tanky there is no reason to buy a heart on any AGI carry apart from spectre and anti mage because of how they can tank damage.

You forgot the BEAR!!!

+ = <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved